Get information instantly about websites' terms of service and privacy policies, with ratings and summaries from the www.tosdr.org.
“I have read and agree to the Terms” is the biggest lie on the web. We aim to fix that. "Terms of Service; Didn't Read" is a user rights initiative to rate and label website terms & privacy policies, from very good (Class A) to very bad (Class E). This extension shows this rating for rated websites by an unintrusive icon in the address bar. You can click on this icon to get a list with the most important rated points of the website's term of services. Additional the extension will warn you when you visit for the first time a website with a bad rating. This extension is open source. You can report bugs or propose new features at https://github.com/shybyte/tos-checker/issues .
- (2020-03-24) S: Love this app. Highly recommend!
- (2019-12-03) Dan V: Great idea. Very handy to easily discover how each website treats you (and your data), with just one click. Congrats and well done to those actually reading those T+Cs and summarising for us! Of course ratings can be a subjective thing, but there is huge value in being able to do one click and see a summary of the T+Cs of any website you happen to be on (that TOSDR has rated). As I couldn't easily find an appropriate forum for suggestions, I will write mine here: I think it would be better to see only the dot point summary first, so you can quickly get an overview of a website, and see important points. Put the detailed paragraphs and quotes behind an 'expand' or 'more info' button for each point, or put them all below the full list of dot points. This means people are more likely to see important points, and more different aspects of the T+Cs with one click.
- (2019-01-24) Maddy Pritchard: Needs to be available for more websites. I understand how long and time consuming it would be to cover EVERY site on the internet (probably impossible, too...) but at the moment hardly any are actually simplified.
- (2018-09-09) Love everything that duck duck go has suggested. Great company and glad to see they're doing so well. Promise to donate soon as I'm able!!!
- (2018-08-03) David Lloyd: A year ago I would have given this app a five-star rating, but sometime in the past year, the app has stopped doing anything at all!
- (2018-07-21) Cheryl Holliday: It does not work at all.
- (2018-05-30) Dan Atkinson: No longer works. Hasn't been updated for four years, which says a lot.
- (2018-04-20) Did not work with Strava - https://www.strava.com/legal/terms despite several attempts. Will uninstall
- (2018-04-19) Didn't work, tried on the updated yahoo terms and nothing popped up. Uninstalled
- (2018-03-27) Kathryn Mouz: Really good and useful!
- (2018-01-23) count down: Thanks to duckduckgo.com and creator of the extension
- (2017-08-23) Marvin Bernal: I was sent here from duckduckgo.com. Thank you for this amazing extension!
- (2016-12-13) Daniel Farago: This coalescing of legal contractual obligations should be a legal requirement - companies can abuse rigidly precise definitions that are overlooked to non-lawyers (i.e. the common person) to benefit themselves and harm you "with your consent". This add-on will never be a disservice to your life. You don't read the ToS, at least read the summary!
- (2016-03-03) Dave Land: Very useful community-sourced data. Unfortunately, Google Chrome's latest update no longer allows extensions to put icons in the location bar.
- (2015-09-28) Jack Kanutin: like the idea. most of the websites i use dont have it (maybe becuase they are european)
- (2015-06-14) Maj: Fantastic. Vital extension.
- (2015-06-08) Jiri Novotny: Awesome idea, much needed.
- (2014-12-16) Juan Castañeda: Muy útil
- (2014-12-14) Laure Betaille: Great tool!
- (2014-12-08) Billie Arch: Really good, would absolutely recommend; especially if you're never in the mood to read 6 pages of terms and conditions.
- (2014-10-01) santosh kumar: reliable [time+trap saving]
- (2014-08-14) I love this extension. It takes all of that complicated mumbo-jumbo that these websites throw at you and simplifies it into something you can understand.
- (2014-08-01) Derrick Jones: Great idea, and very helpful. I will share with my friends.
- (2014-03-31) Michelle Wong: Now everyone knows what have been in the terms of conditions without having to read it taking 76 days!
- (2014-03-23) Aaron Perry: Kinda sad to see that this was already made. I was just thinking about making this extension earlier today.
- (2020-02-07, v:2.0.0) Mike Zarroli: What the extension does.
Before pushing the button to add ToSDR one of the things that it states that it does is "read your browser history." Why is it necessary to do that?
- (2020-01-04, v:2.0.0) Michael G: Why is arbitration a bad thing?
Why is it that if a company forces arbitration, it results in it being a bad thing? If the arbitration company has a record of unfairly picking winners and losers that's one thing, however, i believe you guys should reevaluate that criteria.
- (2018-05-26, v:1.0.10) Christian Holland: Won't show anything
When I click on the extension icon, it does nothing. The extension icon is grey.
- (2018-04-21, v:1.0.10) Mark Wagie: Abandonware
This hasn't been updated in almost 4 years. Useless and obsolete.
- (2016-03-03, v:1.0.10) Dave Land: Chrome update breaks ToS;DR
The latest Google Chrome update (after 48.0.2564.116) no longer allows extensions to put icons in the location bar, which removes so of ToS;DR's functionality.
- (2015-07-17, v:1.0.10) Pre-fed info or real time?
Pre-fed info or real time?
- (2014-11-23, v:1.0.10) Cody Danks: Help!
Every time i try to add extension it says network error :(
- (2014-09-09, v:1.0.7) Fayyaadh Razak: No rating appearing in the address bar
I downloaded the extension, but it does nothing. I don't know the cause of this issue, but I would like for it to be fixed. Please fix it soon. The extension is great, but I currently am unable to use it.
- (2014-08-22, v:1.0.7) Claire Chiba: Not working
When ever I try to install this app, it just disappears and I cant get it to come back. Is there a way to fix this?