Displays a number of events from sequent websites over the icons. It can be a number of items or defined text match.
E.g: shows number of unread posts from forum or Gmail account. - checks websites with defined interval - uses regular expressions - displays a number of matches or first group of match Features: - shows website favicon or you can set url to icon - badge is blinking when change of websites status - predefined templates for Gmail, Facebook notifications, number of today views on blog Worpress.com, unread posts from forum engines: phpBB3, phpBB2, phpBB by Przemo, SMF - only websites with more than zero events are shown in cycle Instructions: 1. Right click on icon and choose Options. 2. Choose predefined template and complete entry or add all information: title, link and regular expression. Choose to count matches or show match. Optionally add link to icon. 3. Set interval. 4. Click Save. 5. You can add more websites by clicking Next. If you have some questions or problems with defining entry please contact me: [email protected] Also if you have some ideas on predefined entry I will be honored.
- (2015-03-12) Dan Skelton: Not a bad little extension. I use it for my phpBB forum, for checking unread threads, works perfectly. However, can do with some cosmetic work, maybe give the settings page a makeover. Other than that, good extension.
- (2013-03-29) Larry Gilbert: Helpful little extension for power users. Going a little beyond simple checking of Web content, it will allow you to define a regular expression for any page and either count the number of hits OR let you extract numbers to display directly. Clever. Bugs: * Does not handle unresponsive websites gracefully. * Sometimes freezes and stops working for no apparent reason.
- (2013-01-05) Adam Robbins: Excellent App!
- (2012-09-02) Bef Sztyg: Using with SMF and phpBB3 forums and it is working great!
- (2012-08-13) Marcin Wrobel: sweet
- (2012-08-13) Pawel Torba: Very nice thing to have - definitely going to use it.
- (2016-12-31, v:0.3.7) Martin Mojš: backup
import / export the backup would not be coming?
- (2015-03-12, v:0.3.7) Dan Skelton: Does this work with phpBB forum notifications?
Title pretty much says everything.
- (2013-08-26, v:0.3.4) German Breus: Not working after the latest Chrome update
Plugin stopped working after updated to the latest Google Chrome (29.0.1547.57 m), the popup says: "website name: error" Or is the problem on my client side?
- (2013-03-28, v:0.3.4) Larry Gilbert: Extension seems to hang when it hits an unresponsive site
If the extension checks on a URL where the web server isn't responding, the extension appears to hang and stop responding.
- (2013-01-05, v:0.3.4) Adam Robbins: Apache Protection
Hi, I have a forum that uses Apache protection as well as a standard log in. The checker displays the foruum in question as an error. Any ideas?