Know Where Link Is Going Before You Click
LinkPeelr expands any short link (URL) and reveals the actual long link behind it. Just hover your mouse over the short link and a tooltip will appear showing you the long link behind it. Nothing more, nothing less. You can then click on the link or keep going without leaving the page. ✓ Works on any page, including Facebook and Twitter ✓ Works with all URL shorteners, including t.co, bit.ly, is.gd, ow.ly, etc. NOTE: If you have a question, want to suggest a new feature, or report an issue, don't use the feedback form below. I will have no way to get back to you if you do. Just tweet me @ibagrak or send an email to ilya.bagrak+linkpeelr @ everyone's favorite Google email service. v2.0.3: + Enabled extension for Facebook and Twitter pages v2.0.0: + Updated extension for the new Google Chrome extension specification v1.7.5: + Extension can now process short URLs with multiple levels of indirection ("deep peel") v1.7.0: + Added "where" URL parameter to all extension requests v1.6.1: + Plays well with Twitter @anywhere hovercards v1.6: + Removed toolbar icon (by popular demand). Thanks for your comments.
- (2020-10-17) Rachel Phillips: does as expected , it be better if i allowed to click on the url, it disappears when you try to click. Its also lacking copy feature.
- (2017-11-14) zxginay: Cool, but doesn't work on Facebook
- (2016-09-01) Lada Flac: Seems it doesn't work on LinkedIn.
- (2016-06-27) Worked on Twitter but not on Facebook. Not sure why. I'll try it for a bit and come back to update my review.
- (2016-04-07) Tim M: Does not work
- (2016-03-02) 太一白岩: マウスを重ねたときだけリンクurlをポップアップしてくるので、レイアウトが崩れることがないのが気に入っています。
- (2016-02-08) Tim Monaghan: Shows surveys to 20% of people who install app after viewing the source code. MalwareBytes flags it as malicious. EDIT, goto extensions, then click "background page" on linkpeelr, right click background.js and open in new tab, and it literally has a line of code that says "// Show surveys to 20% (~600 people)" and then the code to display the survey
- (2016-01-24) Ori: Love this. Needed this because I got tired of blindly following shortened URLs.
- (2015-11-15) Jill Lu: It's not working with http://goo.gl/
- (2015-10-26) Burak Bas: get out
- (2015-08-08) Tonya Skinner: Just wish I could click on the "long URL" as I use this to deal with sites that are blocked (my school blocks most shortener URLs). New feature?
- (2015-04-22) Nandish Hegde: Works with most short URLs with a slight delay while it fetches the destination URL. No match for LongURL, probably the best one out there.
- (2015-01-05) adam pisarski: Bardzo faj ne i dobre :)
- (2014-10-14) Paweł: Just works!
- (2014-07-02) Great on Facebook!
- (2014-04-04) Genet Jones: Unobtrusive and indispensable. Works even in Facebook. This fixes the only thing I missed about Firefox.
- (2014-03-06) Mark Major: It works for me!
- (2013-10-27) No funciona. No muestra nada.
- (2013-09-20) Muy buena extensión. No entiendo los problemas, aunque son comentarios antiguos. A mí me funciona perfectamente en Twitter, por ejemplo. Sólo hay que poner el ratón encima de la url corta y aparece la dirección completa y real.
- (2013-08-09) Hernán Fernando: Doesn't work on Facebook, do not waste your time installing it.
- (2012-12-20) Stepan Chizhov: Cool and nice looking plugin =) Don't know how I lived before =)
- (2012-12-08) Dane Morgan: Does not function. I'm on whatever the newest stable chrome is and it does not pop the tool tip on any short URL I hover over at all.
- (2012-11-10) Rita Gavelis: I'm using Google Chrome version Version 23.0.1271.64 on a Mac running OS 10.6.8 and the caption only reflects the shortened url. Nothing is expanded. LinkPeelr is enabled in the extensions window, but it is not working at all like pictured in the overview for the app.
- (2012-03-21) Stormy Henderson: Have never seen it work.
- (2017-06-01, v:2.0.3) Mariana Espi: no funciona
como hacerlo funcionar?, ya lo desactive y lo volvi a activar y sigue sin servir. Que se hace o lo desinstalo y no lo uso?, bueno de todas formas no sirve
- (2016-03-09, v:2.0.3) Kevin Pierce: LinkPeelr icon grayed out in Chrome
No idea why.