Add support to the omnibox to search in Google Drive.
Type "drive" in your omnibox, press <space> and look for something in your Google Drive. Note: if you'd like this experience to be part of Google Chrome, go to http://crbug.com/143622 and star it. ------------------------------------------------ Changelog: 3.6: - Adapt folder URL to link to personal Google Drive (thanks to MartinLichtblau) 3.5: - Increased delay before actually asking Google Drive 3.4: - Add delay before actually asking Google Drive 3.3: - Suggested results for non-Google documents thanks to bkennelly 3.2: - Added new keywords: + "new doc" opens https://docs.google.com/create + "new sheet" opens https://sheets.google.com/create + "new slide" opens https://slides.google.com/create + "new drawing" opens https://drawings.google.com/create + "new form" opens https://forms.google.com/create 3.1: - Added Log in message when user is not logged in yet. 3: (chrome 29 required) - Switched to chrome.identity to improve permission flow - Removed permissions that were not needed anymore 2: - Do not consume memory when it's doing nothing thanks to Event pages. - Do not ask for Google authentication when it's not needed. 1.2.1: - Cleaned up some code. This extension is Open Source. For full details, go to https://code.google.com/p/omnidrive/source/list
- (2021-05-17) Stephen Wilder: This app tried to access sensitive info in your Google Account. To keep your account safe, Google blocked this access.
- (2021-05-16) Lisa Clapperton: really gave time and Info and left just informed on the most innovative and productive forum for the cloud/=d-
- (2021-02-10) Jason Hoffart: I can't authenticate because Google keeps blocking it for being too intrusive into sensitive data. It's been 2 years since any reviews on this app. It's likely just not updated. I'll just open a tab a search google drive that way.
- (2018-08-08) Andrew Tong: I love this extension. It's perfect and fast. One thing I would suggest to make it more convenient to use is allowing change of search engine keyword. Right now it's "drive", but personally I would love to just type "d" to bring up the omnidrive. Overall, it's an excellent extension that would save you a lot of clicks and time when using google drive
- (2018-02-16) Melody Liu: Cool but only connects to one account. I use Drive for school and in my personal life, so this makes things inconvenient.
- (2017-09-14) Melissa Breau: I LOVE the concept here, but ideally I want it to show the actual drive files in the drop down results, and instead it's asking me to "authenticate" the plugin EVERY TIME i type in a search (and then, if i do, it does EXACTLY what I want!!). Hoping this is a bug and the team gets this fixed up :)
- (2017-05-30) Tim Kay: I love OmniDrive. It's much faster than the Google Drive document list, which I never now never have to use. I wish OmniDrive would show different icons for the different types of documents.
- (2016-11-16) Andy Thorpe: defo makes life easier, the drive web ui is pretty slow to load so this saves a lot of time. also get lots of use of the 'new' function. loads of colleagues have asked for the link since seeing me make a new sheet from the bar ;-) only feature improvement suggestion is if it was possible to offer different icons in the search suggestions for at least folders/docs or even each doc type?
- (2016-08-15) Newton Allen: So much quicker to access Google Drive files now. Would definitely recommend to a friend.
- (2016-04-20) Алексей Морозов: Awesome!!!111
- (2016-02-08) Константин Шкодских: Good extension. Suggestion: make triggering when writing the word 'drive' in a different register - Drive, DRIVE, dRIVE.
- (2015-07-08) Jose Alcérreca: Exactly what I wanted! Can't choose a different account though.
- (2015-06-30) Aditya Bhaskar: Always loved 'search', and now Francois has added 'create' within a day of me suggesting it. Couldn't have asked for more/faster :)
- (2015-06-06) Bryan Stark: Works great, there is another ext in the store that is similar but the developer of OmniDrive upgraded to oauth 2.0 unlike the other developer so this ext works perfect. However, note that all ext that access your files in Google Drive will need to be signed in each time if your cookies are set up to delete on close.
- (2015-04-20) Leo Salazar: THIS is the app I've been waiting for!!! Outstanding - merci!!!
- (2015-03-28) Markus Tschabold: Increases productivity if you work a lot with google drive.
- (2014-11-14) Alex DiNardo: Great App! Only suggestion would be to jump to creating new documents from the omnibar by invoking a keyword like "new" (i.e. "new Google Doc", "new Google Spreadsheet", etc.)
- (2014-06-26) Isa von Hobe: is great, but since 1-2 days it doenst work anymore for me. i type "drive"+space but it doesnt switch to search only google drive...
- (2014-05-27) Matthew Scholtz: Keeps trying to force me to log in to Chrome (which I don't want to do.) Logging in to Drive or Apps should be enough. Unusable for me.
- (2014-01-03) Steven Roberts: Great. Fast and useful.
- (2013-10-31) Kyle Poole: Insta-search Drive from the omnibar. It is just what I was looking for, and fortunately from a trusted developer.
- (2013-06-01) Túlio Sathler Siman: 1. Why does this ask Google sign-in permissions again and again? Fix this code. This is a bug. 2. Please update the app Access permissions to Google Drive, i.e you should only access the File *names* ( not contents), so ask only for file name permissions. 3. This is full Open sourced right? So, please make it clear to all in the front page, so lot of users will love to install the same if its open sourced addon and would love to donate. 4. Submit this extension to Google verification, they will verify this extension and tag this as: verified extension and is not-malicious.
- (2013-04-23) Haoxin Zhou: 挺好用的 就是每次都要打drive五个字母有点烦 还不能自定义关键词 我觉得关键词绝对不能超过三个字母啊= =
- (2013-03-16) Prajwal Suhas P: I have 4 clarifications/feedback's: 1. Why does this ask Google sign-in permissions again and again? Fix this code. This is a bug. 2. Please update the app Access permissions to Google Drive, i.e you should only access the File *names* ( not contents), so ask only for file name permissions. 3. This is full Open sourced right? So, please make it clear to all in the front page, so lot of users will love to install the same if its open sourced addon and would love to donate. 4. Submit this extension to Google verification, they will verify this extension and tag this as: verified extension and is not-malicious.
- (2012-12-25) Chen Li-Yuan: Great
- (2012-12-16) Laser Yuan: Would it be better to ask for Google authentication or any relevant initialization before typing any search word?
- (2012-11-13) Joe Garlick: Wished chrome did this, searched extensions, found this and I am LOVING using it.
- (2012-10-09) Naz ik: Perfect, I just thought how it would be great to search GDrive through omnibar and I found this extension right away. SUGGESTION: add "Alt+Enter" shortcut to open search result in the new tab
- (2012-08-22) Pat Needham: Excellent! I've been waiting for something like this ever since I started using Google Docs / Drive.
- (2021-02-17, v:3.6) Eduardo Nicola: Stoped working
Hey, it stopped working in the last 2 days. :(
- (2021-02-16, v:3.6) Stacy Barnes: Stopped working (Omnidrive)
Hello! I can't get the extension to work today. I uninstalled and reinstalled. I rebooted Chrome and my Macbook. Is it dead? I love this extension!! Help? Please and thank you!
- (2018-05-11, v:3.6) support TeamDrive
I notice docs in my Team Drive don't show in omnidrive searches. Any chance this could be rectified?
- (2018-04-11, v:3.6) Константин Шкодских: Q: how to change keyword?
Great extension! Question: how to change the standard keyword 'drive' for a quick search? — I very often do a search in Google Drive. And for me, a significant time saving would be a single character as a keyword: for example, 'd' or '*'. It would be cool to be able to change the keyword in the settings. Thank you.
- (2018-03-30, v:3.6) Melody Liu: Only 1 account
I want to search the drive of my school account, but it will only work on my main. Help?
- (2018-01-12, v:3.6) authentication times out
OmniDrive works fine, but I have to authenticate frequently. I am using OmniDrive to access Google Drive for a different account than what Chrome is logged into. How can I get authentication to last longer?
- (2017-07-26, v:3.6) Stefan Austen: Google Team Drive support
Unfortunately OmniDrive only searches the personal Google Drive and not the new Team Drive. afaik there is a new Team Drive API. Would it be possible to support it?
- (2016-12-18, v:3.6) Greg Bloom: Stopped searching with spaces
Hi - this was working great and I very much appreciated it. Suddenly, my search queries started misformatting spaces (and i assume perhaps other punctuation). The URL now ends up like this - https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/#search/my%2520document And the term is: my%20document Is there an easy fix to this? I recently installed Ghostery and some other extensions, maybe something's interfering? Thanks for any insight you can give.
- (2016-10-21, v:3.6) Alexander Bukhonov: Account selection
It really has to have a way to select which Google account to use for searches. It'd be nice to be able to search several Drives at once as well.
- (2016-08-03, v:3.6) Daniel Davies: ability to search box and dropbox
Ability to search other cloud drives with different keywords!
- (2016-08-01, v:3.6) Daniel Davies: More shortcuts
Please add option to customize the keyword!! Drive is fine, but I would prefer d or dr for faster access. Thanks for working on this project!!
- (2016-04-14, v:3.5) Martin Lichtblau: Folderview Bug
You released a new version and I hoped the folderview bug would be solved, but.... it is not :(
- (2016-01-13, v:3.3) Martin Lichtblau: Folderview
When I click on a folder(link) in the omnibox result list I won't see my normal Drive, but the plain public "folderview". Would be nice if that could be fixest, since the folderview gives no options, you have to switch before continuing, loading folderview (includes previews) takes longer to load. Thanks for the cool tool! :) P.S.: Sorry for the last rash, already existing, question.