Redirects GamerGate boycott websites to the archive.is versions.
Redirects GamerGate boycott websites to the archive.today versions. This deprives the offending sites of clicks, views, and revenue. View source at: https://gitgud.io/SomeAnonGamer/GGBlocker Follow on twitter for update announcements and news: https://twitter.com/SomeAnonGamer ===Permissions=== Read and change all of the websites that you visit. ==Explaination=== As explained here: https://developer.chrome.com/extensions/webRequest in order to catch every webrequest to check if it is going to a boycotted site, the extension needs to read each request. The write permission is because the extension writes helper buttons into Archive.is pages. If someone knows a way to reduce the permissions on GGBlocker, let me know. ===Version 1.3.4 Patch=== Repaired a Vivian replication glitch which occurred when multiple archive.is tabs were open. Thanks to @2CleverUsername for helping with this bug. Added http://fieldguide.gizmodo.com/ to the default filter list. Removed http://childsplaycharity.com from the default filter list. NOTE: Changes to the default filter list will only affect new installs. I don't want to screw up existing customizations by forcing the new list. ===Version 1.3.3 Patch=== Removed 4chan.org from default filter list. Tweaked tool button sizes to compensate for users running resolutions < 1080p. IT'S *CURRENT_YEAR* FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE! ===Version 1.3.2 Update=== Switched default archive url to archive.is. All archive.is pages now have a "Fetch Fresher Page" link. Added the ability to delete filters. (finally). Added basic update message functionality. Added Tool Section inside of "Edit Filters". Added tool for deleting all filters. Added tool for exporting list of filters. Added tool for importing list of filters. Added tool for reseting filter list to default. Added two bad jokes which I think are hilarious at this time of night. ===Version 1.2.1 Patch=== Fixed a time-related bug that affected late night and early morning users. ===Version 1.2 Update=== The extension now pulls the most recent copy of a blocked page from Archive.today, to the local hour. Individual items on the boycott list can enabled or disabled according to your personal preferences. New items can be added to your personal boycott list. Added a quick archive button to save any webpage to archive.today or tweetsaver. Added a new button that quickly enables or disables the extension. Updated how the extension injects the "Add To Archive" button into pages for better compatibility with archive.today. ===Version 1.1 Update=== If a blocked webpage is not in archive.today, GGBlocker will now dynamically inject an "Add to Archive" button into the archive.today error page. This will should help to increase the archive.today coverage.
- (2018-10-10) André Pereira: Not working, as of Chrome vÜberEvil (v69).
- (2017-06-04) Thedude3445: Completely separate from its original purpose, this is just a good extension that lets me block any site that I don't want to give ad money based on accidental clicks, and it's just a quick way to archive a page if I need it.
- (2017-01-23) Florian Brunner: Great and useful Extension!
- (2016-03-10) kustmen kloten: Works great, keeps you from accidentally getting routed to unethical sites.
- (2015-12-15) Lewis Hammond: Fantastic extension this. I'd even recommend it to those outside of #GamerGate as a general anti-clickbait tool. Superb stuff!
- (2015-07-13) Ry Vengeance: GamerGate controversy aside, this is an excellent extension that allows you to analyze the contents of a web page without rewarding the site with traffic. It also makes the archiving process easier. You would be hard pressed to find an extension that does the same. However, it is currently impossible to edit an incorrect filter. All you can do is deactivate it and add one that's correct. If deleting filters were possible I would give it 5 stars.
- (2015-07-09) Javier Peralta: 10/10 worse than the shoah
- (2015-07-07) Benjamin McLean: Works great. Convenient way to stick it to The Man. Down with corrupt journalism!!
- (2015-07-04) Scott: I love this extension. I'm glad that these companies no longer get a click from me..
- (2015-06-26) Jared Brickey: #GamerGate FTW
- (2015-06-14) Firaa Gallant: It's really easy to configure and is useful for more than what it's intended. I'm not aware of any apps similar to this, so this really filled a niche for me. I was a little iffy about this add-on up until the add to archive buttons started functioning as they should. Now that everything works, I have no reason not to use this on every device I browse with. My rampant, unchecked misogyny knows no bounds with this bad boy plugged in. 10/10.
- (2015-06-05) Eric: Amazing.
- (2015-05-24) Works great as an anti-clickbait measure even if you're not GG.
- (2015-05-15) Jrn Shrn: Beautiful extension. Makes sure the awful clickbait sites like Kotaku or IGN don't get revenue.
- (2015-05-05) DoctorEvil: Ecellent add on. Makes sure i never help fund lying "journalists".
- (2015-04-22) Andrew Tybjerg: Works perfectly.
- (2015-03-03) Jason Lam: Good add-on; choosing filters is great as sometimes accessing tvtropes got a little annoying with this on. Makes preserving website content easier.
- (2015-02-07) Gabi Lener: I love this! It helps me avoid supporting sites that I didn't even know were swj. Only problem is that, when a link isn't already archived, most of the time the button "Add to archive" isn't there and I have to manually add it to the archive.
- (2015-01-31) Be-ro: Top Gun!
- (2015-01-27) Ryan Shaw-Harrison: If you respect gaming websites that respect you, do yourself a favour and refuse traffic (and revenue) to the sites that don't!
- (2015-01-22) Ramiro R: This worked really well for the first couple days. But for some reason it doesn't do anything anymore. It just loads the archive page with nothing on it. Can anyone tell me whats wrong? :\
- (2015-01-22) Miseric0rde: 9/10 it's ok- IGN
- (2015-01-22) Davi Gontijo: Works perfectly, you can also edit the filter list yourself in case you decide additions or removals are necessary. Adblock is not enough, deny them everything.
- (2015-01-22) David Grantham: I find this to be very useful.
- (2015-01-08) Mondaffe: Using it for months now. Encountered no problems. Works as intended.
- (2017-06-27, v:1.3.4) Jonathan Hockaday: No longer works.
It no longer filters pages.
- (2017-06-21, v:1.3.4) Thedude3445: Stopped working
Uhhh I don't know what's wrong but the extension just stopped working. It no longer redirects blocked pages. Is this just me? This extension hasn't been updated in forever so I don't understand what would have changed to make it like this.
- (2016-08-27, v:1.3.4) Bacon Catbug: Error when importing to Firefox via "Chrome Store Foxified"
- (2016-03-21, v:1.3.4) Larghaz: Wayback Machine
I find that as far as Archiving Pages go, Wayback Machine is better since it doesn't have borders on the sides. Any way to have that as an option if Archive.today can't be replaced?
- (2016-02-14, v:1.2.1) Chris Logan: archive
could you switch to archive.is from archive.today
- (2016-02-09, v:1.2.1) nametaB kcirtaP: archive.today is now archive.is
The archive.today domain has gone away, as the site moved to archive.is. The extension is currently useless until that's addressed.
- (2015-11-13, v:1.2.1) Operation Supply Drop
Could you add that site to the block list? They're now using gamers as a cash cow while trying to find anything non-gaming to do for the veterans, despite it's purpose being a for-gamer veteran charity funded by gamers.
- (2015-10-30, v:1.2.1) Anthony Mackey: another site to add
Im not sure how to add more sites to gg blocker, but recode.net is expressly anti-gamergate, including dumbshit Chris Kluwe
- (2015-07-13, v:1.2.1) Ry Vengeance: Deleting filters.
Please make it so that you can trash/delete a filter.
- (2015-01-30, v:1.2.1) Richard Weldon: Crashing
For some reason it's started crashing today whenever a blocked site is clicked