ADZbuzz fork of the famous uBlock. A multi-purpose blocker for the user, by the user.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT: We acknowledge and will continue to do so, uBlock Origin, from which this blocker is forked from. ADZbuzz uBlock inherits the benefits of the uBlock Origin with a minor twist for ADZbuzz to be to utilize this tool to provide a win-win situation for content users and publishers alike. Here's the detailed description quote from uBlock Origin which applies to this extension as well: An efficient blocker: easy on memory and CPU footprint, and yet can load and enforce thousands more filters than other popular blockers out there. Illustrated overview of its efficiency: https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/uBlock-vs.-ABP:-efficiency-compared Usage: The big power button in the popup is to permanently disable/enable uBlock Origin for the current web site. It applies to the current web site only, it is not a global power button. *** Flexible, it's more than an "ad blocker": it can also read and create filters from hosts files. Out of the box, these lists of filters are loaded and enforced: - EasyList - Peter Lowe’s Ad server list - EasyPrivacy - Malware domains More lists are available for you to select if you wish: - Fanboy’s Enhanced Tracking List - Dan Pollock’s hosts file - hpHosts’s Ad and tracking servers - MVPS HOSTS - Spam404 - And many others Of course, the more filters enabled, the higher the memory footprint. Yet, even after adding Fanboy's two extra lists, hpHosts’s Ad and tracking servers, uBlock Origin still has a lower memory footprint than other very popular blockers out there. Also, be aware that selecting some of these extra lists may lead to higher likelihood of web site breakage -- especially those lists which are normally used as hosts file.
- (2019-01-18) Moses Hightower: I wouldn't normally post a support issue in a review, but your site is not loading and the support section is not enabled. Legit images are being auto-blocked, and I have already spent 2+ hrs trying to figure out how to unblock them using the logger (and ublock origin's github wiki). Some help would be appreciated. I just need to know how to unblock one of these and then I can figure out how to apply the same method to other sites which have the same issue: https://www.dictionary.com/misspelling?term=the%20void (there are 6 legit content images being blocked in the center of the page). thanks
- (2017-12-17) วศิน ฉิมสวัสดิ์: great extension
- (2017-08-23) Levente Krisztián Büte: Stop "forking" legit extensions! This is just a copy of the original uBlock Origin. I recommend that people stop using rip-off of quality plugins. The original is here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ublock-origin/cjpalhdlnbpafiamejdnhcphjbkeiagm?hl=en-US
- (2017-05-04) Waruna Akalanka: exelent experince great....
- (2017-01-27) M'hammed El alami: amazing
- (2017-01-10) Farhaan Budally: Does what its meant for. Blocks ALL Ads.
- (2017-01-04) Robert Janeczko: Love it! Blocks annoying ads as promised and speeds up my browsing experience in general. Thanks!
- (2016-12-27) Darwin Jayme: Awesome! (-: Even my facebook browsing is now ligther, ad-free.
- (2016-12-25) Brandon Giesing: You are violating uBlock Origin's GPL License since you don't provide the modifications you made to the source code.
- (2016-12-24) Mihai R.: share the code - it's GPL violation
- (2016-12-24) James Lewis: This is a GPL violation unless the modifications to the uBlock Origin source code are shared.
- (2016-12-20) Jacques Vanhamme: geweldig!!!
- (2016-12-17) Andrzej Huminski: Fantastic adblocker and concept behind ADZbuzz! ABP absolutely can't compare with ADZbuzz uBlock. Not only speed but security is better too! I just can't express myself and my experience with youtube now... you must try it for yourself, I can't stop watching videos now :)
- (2016-12-16) Dimitrije Janic: what a product!!!I dont have words to describe this...AWESEOME
- (2016-12-16) Michael Lawder: Does exactly what is says it does, removes all ads and gives incentives to publishers and the end user. Web pages seem to load faster as well. Thanks!
- (2016-12-16) Kelbin Diaz: This Ad blocker does its job right, unlike these other ones who dont really block all the ads they say will.
- (2016-12-15) Pravin Desai: Never seen before blocker like this one.... It's boost my surfing... Thanx for creating this.
- (2016-12-15) Martin Hennig: Have it installed and it works great for me. I think it also blocked more ads than the old adblocker i have installed before! nice work.
- (2016-12-14) Vic T: I love ADZbuzz uBlock! It has even have a blocking element feature! great work!
- (2016-12-14) Ronny Boy Cambangay: Nice Adz Block.... great work
- (2016-12-14) Supul Aggarwal: Excellent work. The thinking behind it is just great. And easy to use. Great product.
- (2016-12-12) Vasanth Shetty: Amazing tool I ever seen and I recommend everyone to install this tool in order to free from headache of unwanted Ads.
- (2016-12-12) H Lee Teo: I simply love it. supper easy and make my laptop faster, enjoy my internet experience without the annoying ads. Thanks adzbuzz for the great works.
- (2016-12-12) Thérèse Brinkcate: Excellent adblocker with an amazing project behind it to benefit publishers losing revenue from adblocking.
- (2016-12-12) Joe Uribe: Very easy to use! makes my pages load much faster too. I love it that both the advertiser, publisher and visitor finally found a solution that will benefit us all! I highly recommend this plug in!