Now you can browse to r/subreddit
Simply enter r/subredditname in the chrome omnibox and this extension will open the designated subreddit. Made by @mikedotjs
- (2018-11-02) Kervin Padilla: Chrome Version 70.0.3538.77 Googles it and leaves a prompt with [Did you go mean to go to http://r/subreddit?] Which upon clicking would redirect but I though it would be automatic..
- (2018-07-01) Corom: Worked great forever but a recent Chrome update has broken it and JARLIO has not updated it yet. Unfortunate because it is an extremely handy extension.
- (2018-03-02) Pascal Anstöter: Doesn't work for me
- (2017-05-22) Nobot's Randomness: it's not working
- (2016-08-24) Lane: Works awesomely! I instinctively type "r/subreddit" into the omnibar every time, and get frustrated when it doesn't take me to Reddit. Now it will take me to Reddit, yay!
- (2015-03-23) Jeffrey McClain: Works as described and is easier than manually adding a subreddit search engine.
- (2014-11-28) Tim Dirckx: 12/10 - My life is now complete
- (2014-11-28) 11/10 it's okay -- IGN
- (2020-04-19, v:1.1) Thushan Perera: Broken by recent chrome update
No longer working with the latest update 81.0.4044.113
- (2017-11-19, v:1.1) Lenny McLennington: can you support u/ too
can you support using u/ in the omnibox for going to users profile like u/spez would take you to https://www.reddit.com/user/spez