livestreamer GUI. Quickly view Twitch streams, Youtube videos... with livestreamer from your browser.
---- IMPORTANT NOTE ---- This extension uses Chrome's native messaging API, so you need to install this extension and a native messaging host, or it won't work. Please follow the installation instruction at http://quickstreamer.codekiem.com before using ------------------------ QuickStreamer is an extension that allows you to run livestreamer from your browser, without having to use the terminal. Tested on Windows 7 & Mac OS X, Chrome 37.0 SUPPORTED SITES - youtube.com & gaming.youtube.com - twitch.tv - hitbox.tv - azubu.tv - mlg.tv - crunchyroll.com - ... More sites will be supported in future versions CHANGELOGS 0.4.2: 2015/12/24 - Add support for Crunchyroll.com - Allow other extensions to open livestreamer using QuickStreamer. Soon you’ll be able to do this in Twitch Now. 0.4.1: 2015/11/02 - Add support for Azubu.tv and MLG.tv - Reverse the quality list. Now it sorts from best to worst. 0.4: 2015/07/25 - New host app version. Mac users don't have to open Chrome in Terminal anymore. Yay! - Rewrite many lines of code. Now it's easier to add more sites. - Add support for Youtube. - Add "Open chat popup" for Twitch. - Remove unnecessary permissions. 0.3: 2014/12/13 - Update for Twitch API change 0.2: 2014/08/31 - Update the host app - Optimize memory usage - Add QuickStreamer into context menu 0.1: 2014/08/29 - First version
- (2016-08-31) TimePro: I think im gonna love it, ONLY QUESTION IS, HOW DO I START A LIVESTREAMMMM
- (2016-08-22) Filip Wierzbicki: Requires Python 2.7 For Linux: When running the installation shell script to install the manifest and the host, don't worry about the sed error, it's perfectly okay. If you are using Chromium or Vivaldi or similar browsers which work with Chrome-Extensions, you have move the manifest and the host file from /home/user/.config/google-chrome/NativeMessagingHosts/ to /home/user/.config/chromium/NativeMessagingHosts/ or another directory which suits your browser. If you have both Python3 and Python2.7 installed, you have to change the environment in the host file. Change #!/usr/bin/env python to #!/usr/bin/env python2.7 The plugin should work then. It's all done in three minutes if you know what you're doing. Restart your browser then. Thanks for your good work, codekiem! Maybe it'd help others if you could publish this on your website.
- (2016-06-26) Flaimbot: works very well. the host application is the only nuissance, but i acknowledge that it's a technical necessity. the only thing that's lacking is an option to add your own launch parameters that you have to put into the livestreamer config file (and therefore have no idea whether they're actually applied) that way.
- (2016-06-20) Mike Tanha: Downloaded to chrome book. Pretty triangle appears that does nothing. No options nothing just remove so am going to remove. Useless.
- (2016-03-20) pros: works as intended, now i dont have to rebuffer every minutes cos of stupid twitch server cons: settings might be a bit of a hassel for casual pc users
- (2016-02-17) Alyssa Taylor: how do i pull it up
- (2016-02-12) Dave: I've had no issues with Quickstreamer on both Windows and Crunchbang Linux. Been using it for nearly a year now and it works great.
- (2015-07-28) Chris Lee: perfect for my needs
- (2015-07-26) Alexandre CLABAULT: Great extension ! Works perfectly
- (2015-06-29) David S: Works as expected! Thanks!
- (2015-06-13) NOPE NOPE: A good level up from the CLI tool, but kinda weird to setup, and it needs other websites support (see here for all websites livestreamer support : http://docs.livestreamer.io/plugin_matrix.html)
- (2015-06-04) Marshall Wright: Still lacks youtube support sadly.
- (2015-04-27) Anthony Hartfield: doesnt work on linux :(
- (2015-03-20) Ivan Temchenko: All seems working, but can you add youtube support? Livestreamer working fine with youtube, but I must manualy pass the link there... Thanks for your work!
- (2015-02-02) Douglas Hoogland: It's a bit of hassle to get working. But I started using it to resolve FPS drops in games with Twitch running on a 2nd monitor. This works great once set up. I love it!
- (2014-12-26) Thanks works nice :)
- (2014-12-14) Alastor: That's what I was looking for a few months! VERY BIG THANKS!!! 5+
- (2014-10-14) Works great, my suggestion is to add support for more players such as PotPlayer, and add an easier way to launch the streams such as making a place where you can view all your followed streams to easily launch them without having to navigate to them yourself. Adding integration with TwitchNow would be a great addition if you can, the best app in Chrome for monitoring Twitch streams.
- (2014-09-22) Ae Aerial: Best livestreamer extension out there.
- (2014-08-29) Tiến Nguyễn: Đã dùng thử và thấy rất hiệu quả. Không phải dùng command line nữa.
- (2020-06-21, v:0.4.2) Koray: Need help with setting it up!
So I tried setting it up and it says "Specified native messaging host not found. Please follow this instruction to install host app first." So I clicked on "this instuction" but when I do the opening website says this "Error establishing a database connection".
- (2017-12-31, v:0.4.2) selim budak: there's no quickstreamer folder.
Thats the only step i cant find. the rest is done :(
- (2017-08-19, v:0.4.2) instance SarcasmIO: Add streamlink support
They are backward compatible, plz dude!
- (2017-02-02, v:0.4.2) 陈雄: can't be uesd...
Unable to open URL: https://api.twitch.tv/api/channels/lck1/access_token.json (400 Client Error: Bad Request) what's worry ?
- (2016-11-10, v:0.4.2) David Castro: LIvestreamer is no longer maintained.
Livestreamer is no longer maintained. Streamlink is now a fork of livestreamer that hopes to keep the project alive. Can you please update the extension(or create a new one) that allows usage of Streamlink? https://github.com/streamlink/streamlink
- (2016-10-28, v:0.4.2) Иван Головащенко: Download host app
I can not download "QuickStreamer's host app", the site is unavailable
- (2016-09-25, v:0.4.2) JG Wentworthh: Solution to current problem
Hi all, I noticed that there is currently an issue between Livestreamer connecting with Twitch's API. If you've suddenly gotten a message along the lines of "Unable to open URL: xxx (400 Client Error-blah blah" then I may have a solution for you. Quan Le pointed me in the direction of a fix but since I was unfamiliar with how Livestreamer worked, I had to work at it for 20-30 minutes until I found the solution. (Please not these instructions are for those who have already gotten Quickstreamer to work in the past, they should work if you did the initial setup on Quickstreamer's site but I cannot guarantee that.) 1. Type in %appdata% in your Windows search bar and hit enter. 2. In the folder that opens, look for the livestreamer folder and open that. 3. In here, you will find a file called "livestreamerrc", open it with Notepad when prompted (it has no file extension so Windows will not know what to do with it by default.) 4. Go to the very bottom of this file and add the following line: http-header=Client-ID=jzkbprff40iqj646a697cyrvl0zt2m6 5. Save the file by either going to File -> save or hitting ctrl s Once I did these steps it started working for me, hope this helped others in need of assistance. (This should probably get added to the Quickstreamer site if it ends up working for everything, it's broken without it.)
- (2016-09-21, v:0.4.2) depressed sig: Not working
this extenion doesnt work for chromesbooks that i useing one and it wont work do you have to go to the page then?
- (2016-09-16, v:0.4.2) Peter Ho: Need an update or just reinstall?
Recently have been running into this error when trying to open a Twitch stream. "Unable to open URL: https://api.twitch.tv/api/channels/streamer_name/access_token.json (400 Client Error: Bad Request)?" Obviously, streamer_name would be the actual streamer. Any insight?
- (2016-09-07, v:0.4.2) Tim Luckey: HLS?
I like the option to be able to seek in the vods, its --player-passthrough=hls in the livestreamer options. is there a way to enable this in quickstreamer? thanks!
- (2016-06-23, v:0.4.2) Kan Cao: http://www.afreecatv.com/