A tool to force download any URL. Additionally it monitors all requests and logs last embedded audio/video media.
Enter any URL and no matter what would happen otherwise, it _will_ be downloaded (ignoring PDF or any other plugins). - Requests are monitored, scanned for video or audio media files, links are automatically added to recent media list of 10 - It can be safely used to download videos from trailers.apple.com or any sites using embedded mp4 files - No, youtube is not supported as it doesn't send complete files
- (2021-09-26) patrick healy: It works good, but on occasion, the download link provided is either blocked, or won't allow me to download the video. It also has a problem downloading from Reddit. When you want to download a video from Reddit that contains audio, it apparently has a separate audio file for no apparent reason. Once fixed, I'll give it 5 stars!
- (2021-09-10) John Ball: Didn't work for me. You can achieve the same thing with Alt+click anyway. Well, not exactly the same, because Alt+click actually does work.
- (2021-05-02) Jennifer frame: It doesnt seem to work. It just downloaded a useless html file.
- (2021-01-29) Keith SecTest: Does exactly what it says it does. Some users seem to not understand what it is, what it's for, or how it works, but if you do know what it does, what it's for, and how it works, it works correctly and does exactly what it's designed to do. If you have a link that you KNOW you want to download and expressly DO NOT want to be opened by Chrome in a browser tab, then you click this extension and enter that link there and it will download the file instead of opening or displaying it in Chrome. I suspect many users who give this extension poor reviews don't really understand what constitutes a "file" on the web, and so it doesn't do what they think it should. Bad reviews appear to be caused by misunderstanding the purpose of the extension and what it does and how it does it.
- (2020-09-27) King Tin Hou: worked perfectly as described
- (2020-08-18) super_God: it did not work that much
- (2019-04-25) John Asendorf: Does exactly what it says it does. Put the URL of something in the URL, force that file to download to your download folder. Kind of clunky since the same can be done with Right Click + Save As ... but if you're working with a known file structure and want to get the files without a bunch of clicking around, this is for you.
- (2018-10-29) All is ok. Nothing to said.
- (2018-05-28) Aam Janata Ek Bharatiya Nagarik: The purpose of this extension is not known thus what exactly it does is unknown. One can simply say - Not working / Useless !
- (2018-04-04) Nacho Sanchez: Not working.
- (2018-03-30) Denik Od: Extension work perfectly for me! I was alarmed by the requirement ("View and change your information on the sites you visit") for such a simple functional, but after studying the source code, I can say that the extension is safe ;) Thanks to the developer for the free extension! That's what I was looking for! Note: if your sites suddenly download the link instead of opening, then look in the source code for hash " #MyInternalForceDownload" in the link ;)
- (2018-03-08) GTdelux Pulsar: Скачивает html-файл вместо видео
- (2018-02-09) shaza alhallak: it's not working
- (2017-04-02) O M O: Pobiera każdy plik muzyczny dołączony do strony, polecam
- (2018-12-24, v:1.0.8) trying to reinstall google chrome - denied
in trying to reinstall google chrome - all efforts and incapacitated setting controls won't permit reinstallation.