A bookmarks manager like macOS Finder.
1.0.7 Update: Support Dark Theme (in top left menu ▼)! This extension will replace Chrome's default bookmarks manager. It's very useful if you have lots of bookmarks. Similar to Mac Finder in columns view, you can manage and navigate bookmarks by mouse or keyboard shortcuts, for example: • Navigate all bookmarks using mouse or arrow keys. • Open a bookmark by double click or enter key. • Open all bookmarks in a folder by context menu. • Drag and Drop a bookmark to a new location. • Create, edit or delete bookmark or folder by context menu. • Select multi bookmarks to move, delete or open. • Copy/cut/paste bookmarks(except folders) by shortcuts. • Sort bookmarks by name. • Support many keyboard shortcuts. How to use: • Click this extension's icon • Click menu item at Chrome -> Bookmarks -> Bookmark Manager • Use Chrome keyboard shortcuts, Windows/Linux is Ctrl + Shift + o, Mac is ⌘ + Option + b Bookmarks menu(▼) • Switch Dark/Light Theme • Show keyboard shortcuts or press '?' key This extension is a part of another extension "Re-newtab" that contains this bookmarks manager in Chrome newtab.
- (2020-03-23) Andrei Blidariu: Why is there no faster way to open a bookmark in the new tab? Something similar to Ctrl + Left Click, or the option to open in the new tab by default?
- (2020-01-24) Andrei Blidariu: How can I open bookmarks in new tab?
- (2020-01-24) Carlos Mota: This is a good extension to organize bookmarks but should implement the following improvements to deserve a 5 star rating: - The sort of bookmarks should allow that folders come first than bookmarks. - The tooltip of bookmarks should show not only the title but also the URL of the bookmark. - The context menu should show an option to copy URL and copy title of the bookmark. - The results of a search by keyword should open in the same page because when a I do a search and I want to move a bookmark to other folder by drag and drop, I can't do it this way. - The results of a search by keyword should show which folder the bookmark is in by right clicking on a folder or a bookmark and the context menu give an option to go to the respective folder. Finder Bookmarks has solid foundations to be the most useful extension for organizing bookmarks.
- (2019-09-17) Dan Moorehead — PowerSheet.ai: Extremely helpful. However, it breaks ability to Export/Import Bookmarks. Please fix. There is no Export Bookmarks and no Import Bookmarks options anymore once enabled. Though you can at least use Import via Favorites > Import (for example in Chromium-based Edge (Dev channel)), there is no workaround for Export. You could expose both of these under the down arrow button in the Bookmarks Manager. Also, please add support for Sort Bookmarks by Name via right click-context menu for folders. There is no way to do this. Even using other Sort extensions don't provide a way to selectively do for specific folders one-time (as opposed to do for all bookmarks automatically or on-demand). I would also suggest adding more features like those found in: Bookmark Manager Plus (another extension I would highly suggest) (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/bookmark-manager-plus/pfbeenngglcojppheoegjjjomfkejibg) and a Recent Bookmarks special folder/view mode (like Recent Bookmarks (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/recent-bookmarks/olndffocioplakeilhkgenfgdincjlpn)) -- both of which are other extensions I would suggest everyone install. That said, this extension is absolutely incredible! I can't understand why built-in Bookmark Manager for Chrome, Edge (Dev), etc. doesn't provide these kind of capabilities built-in. This is vastly superior replacement in every way to the built-in Bookmark/Favorites Manager. Thanks so much for developing such a critical extension.
- (2019-09-06) Alex Brown: LOVE LOVE LOVE this extension. Thank you so much
- (2019-08-07) aione: 好喜欢啊，有了这个插件，我收藏的一些视频就可以更好管理了 我丢，不可以打开书签？只能双击本页打开。
- (2019-07-27) 郑超炯: Pretty good, it is exactly what I want, Thanks!
- (2019-07-11) ce ce: FINDER BOOKMARKS https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/finder-bookmarks/giheghkconpffcaboaoabfjopnnoiglm/ congratulations on creating a fresh new idea it's a very nice extension unfortunately it disables the import & export function of the browser bookmarks does not have any ability to sort bookmarks (A>Z, Z>A), names starting with numbers BEFORE or AFTER (user selected) alphabetical names, last used, most commonly/frequently used, invert selection needs a bar on the bottom or top under the url bar and/or directly underneath the bookmark (user selectable in options) to display the bookmark's external url to the website an option for the user to select displaying finder bookmarks in a new tab of its own instead of replacing the default chrome://bookmarks an option to sort by name (A>Z, Z>A also add a left or right side (user selectable) tree style hierarchy as an option to be displayed concurrently (at the same time) with the finder bookmarks also searching bookmarks does not show which folder and a simple and easy way to get to the folder that the bookmark/url is in. for organization purposes this makes it extremely difficult if not impossible to move and sort the bookmark. it would be nice to have the list of results also display the hierarchy on any selected bookmark on the left or right and also the url plus most importantly the local path to find the location of the bookmark in the bookmarks. right clicking on a bookmark should also show open in background (as opposed to a non modifiable open in foreground option set by default) right clicking on a folder in the search results should give an option GO TO THIS FOLDER in the bookmarks really need a way to cut & paste in addition to drag & drop folders to new locations including selecting all or a list of subfolders to be able to cut & paste them all when a bookmark is selected the top address/location/awesome bar should show the internal bookmark id as the default chrome bookmark manager does add a back, forward, up, down, undo & redo plus trash folder clicking back on a mouse only goes back until the 1st column beginning top most bookmarks (Bookmarks Bar & Other Bookmarks) selecting 1 or more bookmarks and/or folders and right clicking should give option to place the selection into a newly created folder which can be renamed immediately/ right clicking a bookmark should also give the option to just copy the url/link to clipboard don't see mobile bookmarks please respond with an update to increase rating of your extension thank you
- (2019-05-15) Kit Nunuya: Works exactly as promised
- (2019-03-05) F FP83: + Es una app que sustituye al gestor de marcadores nativo del navegador + ligera y simple. (consume 40-50K/ pesa menos de 1MB) + gestiona y simplifica el trabajo con los marcadores al tener un estilo visual compacto. [Suggestion] Dark theme [Suggestion] take advantage of the first folder column (left), allowing to extend to second order folders [Suggestion] Adjustable//autosize column width *sorry for my bad english :)
- (2018-12-16) Joe leyva: Great Works!
- (2018-12-16) 小齐: Didn't support bookmarklet!!! Otherwise it's awesome
- (2020-03-14, v:1.0.12) Andrei Blidariu: Open bookmark in new tab
Why is there no faster way to open a bookmark in the new tab? Something similar to Ctrl + Left Click, or the option to open in the new tab by default.
- (2019-12-24, v:1.0.12) F FP83: Delete Option on search results
Delete Option on search results (only deletable on normal section) congrats for the extension *sorry for my bad english
- (2019-01-21, v:1.0.6) Aaron Gregg: Options
Should have a couple options added. 1) Adjustable, or autosize column width. 2) Address column for corresponding bookmarks.
- (2018-08-31, v:1.0.2) Jacques Prestreau: How to start the tool ?
Hi, The tool icon doesn't do anything when clicking on it, whatever the button pressed on the mouse. only the Chrome menu common to all the extensions is appearing. How do you use this extension to make appear the bookmarks folder, please?