Hides YouTube comments by default
Add this lightweight extension to disable/enable YouTube comments. • Works with the new and old YouTube • Flexibility to easily hide or show comments • Blends in with YouTube's user interface • Shows number of comments when hidden • No tracking, your privacy is important • Extremely small size - no bloat • Actively maintained • Open source code See https://git.io/v5RgW for release notes.
- (2021-02-09) W Boumans: Disabled the comments and really speedsup YT, but I dont see a button to toggle them!
- (2020-12-15) Luigi Fabio: This used to work excellently - until today? Does anyone else have issues with it? 2020: again, it seems to have stopped working since mid-2019.
- (2020-10-19) Justin Pieroni: doesnt work
- (2020-03-03) J W: Doesn't work
- (2019-12-13) Mizuki: It doesn't seem to work anymore in the latest layout.
- (2019-11-14) asdf jkll: It does nothing, don't bother
- (2019-11-03) Anton Nimos: As of 2019-11-03, it doesn't seem to work at all.
- (2019-10-17) Mr. Miss: 17-10-2019 Doesn't work. *uninstalls*
- (2019-09-16) Jeffrey Shao: Doesn't seem to work anymore
- (2019-06-12) Jason Smith: It's great... when it actually works. I have to constantly refresh the page for it to display the "Show Comments" text. It only works about 50% of the time, really wish I could keep it, but it's more of a nuisance than it is useful :(
- (2018-12-27) Nico Newport: does exactly what it says, no shady stuff. also matches the "show more" description text perfectly, which is nice and unobtrusive.
- (2018-12-07) Disciple de Jésus-Christ: marche
- (2018-10-12) kiril: great extension, does what it says, no BS, works like a charm :)
- (2017-12-28) Nick Kenyeres: Blends right into the YouTube UI and works as advertised. Hiding the comments makes consuming content on YouTube much more enjoyable.
- (2017-12-12) Laura Green: It does what it says. A great relief to hide all the nutters unless I choose to peep.
- (2017-11-04) Sonia Meade: I love this app! I can finally enjoy YouTube without being tempted to read all the comments. Thanks for fixing it.
- (2017-05-23) Only been using for a short while and seems to work well. While I generally prefer to avoid YT comments as well as any temptation to waste time making any myself, there is the odd video I view were it is useful to do so and this ext makes that very easy while for the most part keeping the door shut on the same.
- (2017-02-03) Sergel Giles: Awesome extension. Does what it says. Improves my own productivity too.
- (2016-12-30) The Lister: It does job well and its also the cleanest looking so far.
- (2016-11-06) Alex P: All I can say is "It works". And saves me from that incarnation of Idiocracy, youtube comments. Sadly, it also breaks the "show more" links in long comments.
- (2019-09-07, v:4.1.3) Sonia Meade: Not working
Exactly what it says on the subject line. It's not been working since this morning. I think it behooves you to look into this.
- (2019-08-28, v:4.1.3) Rainbow Warrior Princess: Doesn't work anymore
Previously, it only sometimes didn't work, then it did after a reload of the youtube video, but now it completely stopped working unfortunately, the "Show comments" button with the amount of comments is missing and the comments are not shown / hidden. :( Please fix this!
- (2019-06-27, v:4.1.3) Сергей Витюк: Working, but
The application works for some time, then it stops working, the "Show Comments" button disappears and comments are not loaded at all.
- (2019-05-02, v:4.1.2) celine: Can't see the button to toggle comments
I've been having issues for the past few weeks with not being able to see the button to read comments. Sometimes it shows up, but most of the time it doesn't and won't come up even after refreshing the page. I'm having this problem on both my iMac and Windows laptop. I tried reinstalling the plugin but it hasn't fixed the problem :(