An open-source Ad Blocker for Facebook™
- Support the FB5 layout (Thanks to [Christos Botsikas](https://github.com/cbotsikas)) - Blocks both suggested posts and sidebar ads - Does not slow down your computer - Does not track/read your Facebook activity, or other websites - You can inspect everything about this extension here, https://github.com/tiratatp/facebook_adblock/blob/master/src/main.js This extension is 100% free and open source. We have a Firefox version here (Thanks to [Chih-Hsuan Yen](https://github.com/yan12125)), https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/fb_ad_block/ Enjoy! _We are not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Facebook._ _Facebook is a registered trademark of the Facebook, Inc._
- (2021-02-24) Dejan Radic: Not working at all. All sponsored ads showing normally.
- (2021-02-19) Faiz Thufail: Not working at all. sponsored posts, ads, still showing without blocked
- (2021-02-18) Amanda Wallace: Install it today, and it doesn't do anything not even 5 minute's of installing it AD's was poping I am sick and tired of it >:( don't wait your time installing this extension just to hate it
- (2021-02-17) Alexis Dredd Zarcal: Fails to function since Feb. 16 (maybe they changed their background script to bypass blockers) but has worked in previous code changes
- (2021-02-17) The Illusion: First day I used this it worked. Now it doesnt work at all. I know its hard to do this, hence the rating. Might be better to campaign against the amount of ads on the internet...
- (2021-02-16) sander424: Not working at all. Ads are still showing, chat isnt showing anymore.
- (2021-02-16) De Rossi: not working
- (2021-02-12) Nazmul Hossain: Working very well but need to refresh page every time.
- (2021-02-12) S T: It worked for few days but now it doesn't work and i dont know why...
- (2021-02-10) No Name: 02/2021 Does not work
- (2021-02-09) Cé: Works as of 2021 feb.
- (2021-02-08) Martin Michaluk: Did the job
- (2021-02-06) Dahnya Hollier-Day: Oh god, thank you, thank you, thank you - They were seriously annoying the hell out of me, not any more
- (2021-01-27) Darren Miner: It was working for a while, and now no longer works. I keep seeing ads in my main feed, and on the side bar, on Facebook.
- (2021-01-25) Goran Lepen: Installed and the sponsored ads just kept being displayed.
- (2021-01-23) Micah Dirksen: Doesn't work, sorry.
- (2021-01-22) Gravijta: It works, but isn't perfect. Ads briefly appear, then the whole feed goes blank for several seconds before coming back ad-free. Considering my feed is about two thirds ads (sometimes 4 or 5 in a row), this extension still saves a lot of time sorting through it all. Thank you devs! Keep up the great work!
- (2021-01-22) Jason Go: This one works. If you are browsing the mobile version of Facebook (m.facebook.com) you will notice that even without this extension there are no ads or sponsored content in Facebook. But the mobile version is slow and has a degraded experience. Switching to the desktop/web version (www or web.facebook.com) will definitely show the ads. SO USING THIS EXTENSION IS A MUST to hide all sponsored content. If you are using an Android device, the best way to stop FB from tracking you is to not use the default FB app. Use the Kiwi Browser in Android which is the only mobile browser that allows you to install extensions. Kiwi browser + uBlock Origin + Ad Blocker for Facebook is the best combo to browse FB the right way.
- (2021-01-15) Jon Molnar: No longer working as of today.
- (2021-01-14) Baldur Jó.: No change despite me closing the browser and opened again. In short: nothing changed.
- (2021-01-10) Dasga Lin: It work, stop Ads.., thanks!
- (2021-01-08) MrDachaK: Nefukcionalna stvar u potpunosti bespotrebno instaliranje iste!!! Reklame i dalje izlaze Non-functional thing, completely unnecessary installation of the same !!! The ads are still coming out
- (2021-01-08) David Nagy: does not seem to block the sponsored ads on the right top side
- (2021-01-07) Harmony: It works! Thanks so much!
- (2021-01-07) VAPORWHO: Working Perfectly, thank you dev.
- (2021-01-05) Konrad Bielak: Działa
- (2021-01-05) RE:KON: Working like a charm!
- (2021-01-05) Gil Harari: A new sponsored section was added to the right of the feed - it is not blocked yet by the extension. Please fix 🙏 All else works really well - thank you! :)
- (2020-12-25) Artur Klesun: seems to work, thanks
- (2020-12-25) Debbie: DOES NOT WORK !
- (2020-12-24) Max Rauch: Pořád reklamy. Zmetek.
- (2020-12-22) Jukka Hautakorpi: When i installed this, (added "Sponsoroitu" to sponsoredTexts) that is Finnish... fb just started to instead of sponsored put out "Sinulle ehdotettua" = "Suggested for you" that cannot block with that string. So this extension does not seem to work at the moment as it's should
- (2020-12-17) Scott Tucker: You may want to revisit this, because it's working perfectly as of this review.
- (2020-12-16) Alexis Antonakis: As of 16th Dec 2020 on Brave 1.18.70, this is blocking all the ads....good thing as in the last couple of weeks it seemed like every 4th or 5th item on facebook was an ad. Please spread the word about this extension
- (2020-12-15) Michael Maus: This extension came through for me when Brave Shields and AdBlock failed. Edit: Never mind. 5 minutes later the ads showed back up.
- (2020-12-11) Christoffer Jepsen: dont work
- (2020-12-10) . Shannara: This extension no longer block ads.
- (2020-12-08) Gérard Chequoi: works well until today
- (2020-12-07) SMART BRAIN: เยี่ยมไปเลย, ฉันยังไม่พบโฆษณาในฟีตข่าว มันใช้งานได้จริง.
- (2020-12-04) Philip Elizaga: It actually works
- (2020-12-03) мережевий хробачок: 1.8.7 - works great, tested at 03 Dec 2020
- (2020-12-02) sharla teague: Worked for one day then all the sponsored ads and everything came back.
- (2020-12-01) Samuel Diaz Herreros: instalada y parece que funciona perfectamente!
- (2020-11-28) Kahlil Hodgson: Worked straight way. Does what it says. No issues so far. Developer seems very responsive.
- (2020-11-24) Roy Steve Varas Ruiz: Funciona al 100% Con esta app te aseguro que te libras por fin de los fastidiosos y excesivos anuncios que tiene fb!!! Gracias a los desarrolladores de esta util app!!!
- (2020-11-19) Călin Iorgulescu: Works exactly as expected, very nicely done!
- (2020-11-15) Suleiman Boutzamat: Is this even working? I see absolutely 0 difference in the amount of sponsored posts in my feed or in the right sidebar.
- (2020-11-05) holdenvrdriver: Seems to be working right now - Nov 2020
- (2020-10-31) Anton Nimos: It works!
- (2020-10-16) Εμμανουήλ κούλας: επιτελους το ξαναβρηκα το ειχα χασει αυτο το Ad Blocker for Facebook™ θελω να πω οτι το ειχα και παλιοτερα στοpc αλλα μετα απο καποιο τεχνικο προβλημα το εχασα
- (2021-02-16, v:1.9.0) Neil Evans: not blocking ads
Update to version 1.9.0 a couple of days ago and I am now seeing ads.
- (2021-02-12, v:1.9.0) Bonny Dinis: Kindly add feature to remove Suggested for you Posts as well
Hi, Your plugin works perfectly fine on blocking sponsored ads.. However there are many annoying posts in Facebook news feed after every few posts, which are "suggested for you" posts. These are not ads but feels similar to ads, and feels very annoying to see. Kindly assist to block "suggested for you" posts as well, or provide option in plugin settings to show/hide them. Thanks in advance. Refer image> https://ibb.co/znPyk7f
- (2021-01-30, v:1.8.9) Yehoshua Zepeda: HELP! FB Ads Still Showing in Chrome
I'm running Ad Blocker for Facebook (version 1.8.9) on Chrome Version 88.0.4324.96 (Official Build) (x86_64) on macOS Big Sur Version 11.1 Every 3rd post is a "sponsored ad".... Has FB found a way to beat your app? Or is there something wrong with my set up? HELP! :)
- (2021-01-27, v:1.8.9) Damien M: Video Ads - Watch Tab section.
Please consider adding feature to hide sponsored videos in the water section of facebook.
- (2021-01-05, v:1.8.9) Deborah Waltman: Still seeing ads with version 1.8.9
Seems like it's catching most in my newsfeed, but the ones on the right side still there.
- (2020-12-02, v:1.8.7) Andres Adamo: Esta aplicación no funciona, siguen apareciendo muchos más anuncios
Esta aplicación no funciona, siguen apareciendo muchos más anuncios
- (2020-11-13, v:1.8.7) Chris Mincemoyer: not working
Seeing ads every second or third post, please fix or will rate appropriately
- (2020-11-09, v:1.8.7) Ethical Way: Not working
Your extension is not working ..why?
- (2020-11-07, v:1.8.7) Stephen Ybarra: Works well
Nice extension, works pretty well. Hopefully there will be an update coming to turn off the "suggest for you" ads that still peek through. Thanks!
- (2020-09-08, v:1.8.3) Boris Baran: Borked as of 08.09.2020
The new Facebook design borked the extension
- (2020-06-24, v:1.8.3) instinctrp39: add blocker facebook
is not working anymore with the new look
- (2020-04-23, v:1.8.0) John Di Girolamo: Ain't Working
Just installed today. Still seeing the ads. I imagine I'm on the latest 1.8.0. I'll keep it installed in hopes that it gets resolved. I wouldn't be surprised if Facebook is doing its utmost to make sure extensions like this don't work. Keep fighting the good fight! This platform needs a wake up call.
- (2020-04-07, v:1.7.6) Ziv V.: Extension does not work
Facebook is trying to reload but can't load any pages until I turned the extension off, there's some issue with it.
- (2020-04-07, v:1.7.5) Neil Evans: Blocking all post
just updated to 1.7.5 and it is blocking all posts
- (2020-01-02, v:1.7.2) Jesse Gontarek: Stopped working
Sponsored Ads show
- (2019-12-20, v:1.7.2) Lone Hunter: stopped working today
stopped working today
- (2019-10-02, v:1.6.17) Vojtěch Kaiser: Hide "Suggested for You" posts
Hi, can you please add "Suggested for You" posts to the blacklist of hidden posts? Seems like it would be just adding strings for these posts in sponsoredTexts array. Or did you deliberately choose not to include those as some might want them in their feed? Regards, and thanks for your time on this plugin.
- (2019-09-03, v:1.6.16) Humanity: facebook sponsored ads.
Hello dear devloper(friend), Thanks for devloping "Ad Blocker for facebook". Is there any way to hide those sponsored ads on facebook? any other adblocker? any solution at all? sincerely yours, Mickey from Israel
- (2019-08-09, v:1.6.6) Art Foundry: Ads after recent update
I recently had updated to Version 1.6.6 d and because of that, the sponsored posts are back in full force. Is there any way to remedy this? Please let me know. Thank you!
- (2019-05-10, v:1.6.4) Gaawdz: ads
Seeying ads in market and news feed again
- (2019-04-06, v:1.6.2) Chris Mincemoyer: Facebook is beating it
Need an update, seeing ads again!
- (2019-02-04, v:1.4.10) Jamil Gasimov: Keeps fetching 'More posts' making page constantly refreshing.
It takes a few minutes to load a facebook page (fb posts, to be more precise). It looks like it gets stuck in a loop of fetching new posts and prevents any posts from loading. After a few minutes of waiting one post is loaded. When you scroll down, all process repeats for each next post.
- (2018-11-29, v:1.4.9) 曾盈樹: Current version blocks all posts
The current version blocks all posts and does not work properly.
- (2018-09-21, v:1.4.6) Stefan Končar: Suggestion
Needs constant updating
- (2018-09-02, v:1.4.0) Neil Evans: Still blocking al posts
Hi, Just updated this to version 1.4.0 but it is still blocking all the posts. Other than it just starting to doing this its great extension.
- (2018-08-30, v:1.3.6) Vinh Nguyen: Blocks all posts
Installed it and it worked fine for awhile. Tonight, a problem arose. It blocked all posts in my Facebook news feed, not just ads. I only realized this when I disabled the extension and my news feed went back to normal.