This extension hides everything on Facebook except for chat
This simple extension allows you to show and hide Facebook UI elements (currently the top blue-bar and the global container - newsfeed, profiles, etc.) so you can chat without the distraction of everything else. To use: install the extension, browse to Facebook, and refresh. In the bottom right of the window next to chat, you should see a button labeled "Hide Facebook". Boom. Note: names are hidden in extension screenshots for safety of those shown. The extension does not hide the names of those you are chatting with or in your friend list. That would be silly. Changelog: v.1.1.2 - updated right spacing of button to align better with new minified Facebook chat bar. v1.1.1 - updated the extension to add an overlay instead of hiding elements with CSS. There was a big performance issue that I think this update will correct. Let me know if you are still experience Facebook running slower with this enabled!
- (2019-07-12) Kaylen Wheeler: Just brings me to some guy's personal developer web page.
- (2017-01-24) CJ: Exactly what I wanted!
- (2016-12-03) Fátima Reyes Aguilera: bueno pues es bueno tene una aplicacion como esta
- (2015-01-13) Allie Pristas: Bossman knows what facebook looks like, and as someone suffering from insane ADD [or possibly just permanently jacked on caffeine] coupled with deep-seeded FOMO, I frequent the facebook chat so that I am never disconnected from the up and up. Thanks to this brilliant advancement from Sir Hammes, I have stumped the slightly-eldery, as recent studies have proven bossman doesn't have the same visceral reaction to my putzing around when the once clearly offensive is now completely unassuming. Just like grandma takes her steak, this extension is well done.
- (2014-12-18) Matt Camilli: Take that Zuckerberg.
- (2014-12-18) Nicholas Licitra: During the pre-"Disatrction-free Facebook Chat UI" era, I was in a dark place. I had this problem. I loved my friends and I loved my work, but having facebook at work was just too distracting. One time the building caught on fire and I was too busy looking at Chris and Ashley's Cancun 2014 Summer Vacation album to notice. I once spent 45 minutes trying to decide Becky liking my status meant that she wanted to go out or if she just had similar opinions about scones. My work began to suffer and I was on thin ice with the brass upstairs. Then came this wonderful extension. With a simple click of the button, I can have direct contact with my friends and family while at work. The worries have simply floated away. This has changed my entire outlook on life. I got promoted to CEO, finally got engaged to Becky, and my diabetes was cured. Thanks Distraction-free Facebook Chat UI, I love you.
- (2014-12-18) Mike Nugent: I disagree with this being labeled a "Productivity" extension. Coworkers have literally no idea why my productivity has dropped to zero.
- (2016-01-27, v:1.1.2) Stian van der Krug: Chat windows
When "Hiding Facebook", increase the height of the chat windows. Or an adjustable height