Let your browser read for you. Because who isn't lazy?
A text to speech (TTS) extension for Chrome. Just go to a webpage with paragraphs and click on it. Chrome will read it to you! This is a light-weight Chrome extension that uses the Webkit Speech API to turn text on the page into a voice you can listen to. Code on Github: https://github.com/sebLopezCot/ReadForMe
- (2021-05-24) What_Why_How: Its good but as a student and since we use pdf files, it doesnt read it. I hope the developers can make it support pdfs and other files.
- (2020-03-02) Molliana Poliak: Only reads certain paragraphs. Does not read an entire page.
- (2018-03-01) its a good just cant get it to shut up sometimes lol
- (2017-10-24) SpacingOsprey 43: It didn't work that good
- (2017-07-27) Aidan Hall: This would be a 5 star program and BY FAR my favorite program if only it had options to change the voice and/or speed. I would just like the speaker to speak at about 250-280 words per minute on average
- (2017-05-05) AST Space: reduces the hardship on my eyes.
- (2016-12-30) Angel Vielhauer: It was working great and now, all of a sudden, it's not working.... I hope can be figured out...
- (2016-12-14) Shawn Schoenherr: did not work at all
- (2016-12-04) Samantha Rodriguez: It works just fine for me. I tried to highlight what I wanted it to read and turn the extension, but instead it forced me to go section by section rather reading what I selected. I'm not sure if its me or if that's the way it works, but either way it could use a little improvement.
- (2016-11-17) Shawn W: It works great. Doesn't stumble over apostrophes. Voice is pleasant. I'll five star it when I figure out how to turn it off and on. Clicking on links has gotten weirder...
- (2016-09-13) Wagner Welington Domingues: It does nothing... read for me is the worst program ever!!
- (2021-02-07, v:1.5) Lady J. Matthews: It could not be controlled - Can't turn off
I wanted to use this but it kept coming on when I tried to turn it off. Now, I took it off my extension list and it keeps working without being added as an extension. Please check your coding on this product!
- (2018-07-30, v:1.5) Amy Richards: won't read certain types of web pages
I am trying to use Read for Me to listen to some continuing education articles from The Pharmacist Letter and read for me will not work. Using Chrome on a Windows 7 PC
- (2018-02-11, v:1.5) Eloise Holzl: Uninstallation
How do i uninstall coz i dont see the option to remove anywhere (love the extension but i dont need it anymore)
- (2017-08-18, v:1.5) jenn prewitt: wont read all of page
it only reads certain lines not all on a page