Automatically updates your IP address in Unblock-Us DNS service.
The Unblock-Us service is great for unlocking access to region-blocked streaming services. However, sometimes you get the following error: """ Looks like your internet address has changed. Please click here to activate your new internet address. """ This error happens because your ISP is issuing you a dynamic IP address that can change often (~once a day for me). This means you need to open a browser tab, go to Unblock-Us and click the link to re-associate your new IP address with your account. This extension re-associates your IP automatically with Unblock-Us every 5 minutes (as long as you have a running Chrome browser window with the extension installed). For me this works fine because I have a 24/7 always-on HTPC with Chrome always open :-) Note that if you are signed in to Chrome, and your extensions are synched, and you open a Chrome window from work or some other network, there could be a conflict in IP assignments. If this is an issue, you may consider creating a second Chrome profile on your always-on device, and install the extension only in that (non-synched) profile. *** DISCLAIMER *** This extension is provided as-is, and has no official association with Unblock-Us service provider. Use at own risk, etc, etc.
- (2018-01-17) Adi Dharmaputra: tesr dulu
- (2016-11-05) Steve Donahue: Like other comments on blog, get error: "Unblock-Us Activation Error - 503" Like to know how anyone got it to work.
- (2016-08-25) Mahmudul Hasan: good
- (2016-04-05) GMC PRODUCTION: is it free ?
- (2015-08-31) As an Unblock user and having the issues where the loss of internet recognition occurs frequently this is a nice app to install as it does work to keep your isp in contact with unblockus. App works when chrome os is online for best results. For me turning off the computer and back on at a later time this app still connects the isp to unblockus.