This extension pops up a window where you can type in Yiddish without needing any other software.
- (2017-12-31) Danielle Losman: très agréable à utiliser
- (2016-01-30) David Fried: S'iz a mekhaye!
- (2015-03-03) Nathan Rittri: What an amazing ext. great job
- (2014-11-29) Stéphane Chäy Berguig: it works really fine
- (2014-08-26) Best extension ever! Helps not only with typing, but also with spelling! I find it even easier than using an installed keyboard.
- (2018-12-19, v:0.8) Martin Benjamin: Yiddish Keyboard for android/ ios
Hello, I am working with Refoyel Finkel on various applications related to Yiddish digitization. We have run into a problem with our mobile app regarding the Yiddish alphabet, and I'm hoping your experience can be helpful in finding a solution. The problem is that we need to take in info from people in both the Yiddish alphabet and in the Latin alphabet, on the same screen but in different text input boxes. So, we need to force them to a Yiddish keyboard when they are inside the Yiddish box, and force them to a Latin keyboard in the other instances. The solution seems to be that we build a custom Yiddish keyboard inside our app, basically a set of code points that are called when someone is inside the Yiddish box. This is probably similar to what you have already done. So, would you be able to share your source file, and help talk us through questions that my student developer might have? For example, we would like to copy the correct layout from you. Neither the student nor I speak or read Yiddish, so it is difficult for us to look at the actual Yiddish characters and know what to do with them. Thanks in advance, [email protected] Martin Benjamin
- (2015-10-06, v:0.6) Isaac Bleaman: shneyik
„שנײיק“ און „שנײיק“ אין בײדע אָרטאָגראַפֿיעס װען סע דאַרף זײַן: שנײיִק און שנײאיק
- (2015-05-03, v:0.6) Ataúlfo Antón: Ponctuation sings
Recently, I don't know why, all the ponctuation signs are sticking to the next word instead to the previous one, leaving a non-breakable space after the latter.
- (2015-05-03, v:0.6) Ataúlfo Antón: Diacritical signs
It would be nice if it was possible to add to one's liking the other Hebrew diacritical signs, in order to type words of Hebrew-Aramaic origin in full form.