Manage and block web workers on any page
Manage and block web workers on any page. A work in progress. Please provide feedback!
- (2021-02-09) Franck Lugué: I wanted to use this to block webworkers since a bug in the latest version of Chrome 88.0 make youtube/gmail/...use 100% CPU with those background tasks :( In the options, I selected "Do not allow any site to use WebWorkers" but webworkers are still being run. I don't see where I can manage them? If this only prevent new webworkers, it won't help my use case. Maybe I am missing something?
- (2020-12-10) The way it is implemented probably is not the correct. It suppose to set window.Worker = undefined not just adding empty function
- (2018-03-30) Dominic Cerisano: This extension is the ultimate bot blocker. Blocks all worker bots, not just miners. None of the other so called "mining blocker" extensions worked. I just set it to block all workers, turn it off as required (which for me is never). Essential for your mobile device. No more battery draining bots!
- (2018-03-02) Mao Zedong: F*** the miners.
- (2018-01-01) Michel: perfect
- (2017-12-17) Maolin Qi: Finally get rid of that horrible miner thing. Appreciate a lot!