Adds a popup to your toolbar containing the mini SqueezeBox Server remote on the web interface (only tested with default gui).
UPDATE: (version 1.2) Just some changes to comply with new chrome store updates. UPDATE: (version 1.1) Finally added a link to the full webpage. Sorry it took so long to get round to it! Mini Squeezebox Control is a Chrome Extension to control the popular SqueezeBox music player. I haven't created the interface for this, it's just the "mini" player available from the SqueezeBox Server web interface, packaged into an easily accessibly button on your toolbar! I made this mainly for myself, but thought I'd play around and upload my first extension to the web store while I was at it :) So go easy on me with any mistakes! I probably won't be able to change much (if anything!) with the interface, but if you have any problems getting it working, give me a shout and I'll see what I can do. There's also a simple options page if you don't run your Squeezebox Server on localhost, or if you use a non-standard port.
- (2019-08-30) Thierry Coita: Parfait, léger et fait ce qu'on lui demande.
- (2018-04-06) Are Fossum: Easy access when at the computer
- (2017-06-26) Bob Xyo: Cool!
- (2016-12-06) Bill Curran: Squeezebox might be dead per Logitech, but my Squeezeboxes live on! Thanks - it's nice to see this support and I USE it! Thank you.
- (2016-02-03) Calum Mackay: very simple, but very handy. thanks.
- (2016-01-20) Dave Demski: This is exactly the type of tool I was looking for. I was always typing 192.168.bla bla bla, everytime I wanted to skip a song.. Going to my favorites was too slow... This.. this is perfect. Thank you.
- (2015-12-02) Sebastian Carrera: Ne fonctionne pas ne trouve pas la box
- (2015-11-13) Luis Navarro: no me funciona
- (2015-07-08) Excellent, easy control for Squeezebox in a pop up window or complete control in separate tab. Thank you, your work is much appreciated.
- (2015-07-04) Please an update!
- (2014-01-05) Michael Gatz-Kippert: No Details, no Buttons, only link to Squeezbox Server works since some weeks (Update Google Chrome?). 05.01.2014: no change --> remove app from Chrome. :-(
- (2013-10-07) Danny Ryan: Was great, but now seems broken. No details showing on control (but open squeezebox server still works). Look forward to it being fixed.
- (2013-10-05) Mat Smith: TOP TIP! Control multiple players: Copy to clipboard the ID of this extension, it's the long string in the URL bar starting "emi..." Now Google search for "clone chrome extension" then paste in the ID. When presented with option to download the cloned extension, right-click and save the file somewhere. Now open extensions in Chrome, then drag that file into the window. This clones the extension so you can enter a different player address. It's not perfect, but it is pretty good if you only have 2 players (more and you might get confused!)
- (2013-08-03) Erwin Huibers: Slow response. Otherwise, very good!
- (2013-08-02) Benjamin Lauret: perfect
- (2013-04-11) Paul Shields: works nicely on my chromebook.
- (2012-12-15) James Marsh: This extension is great for quickly controlling playback without having to wait for the full interface to load. Basic functionality but very handy. Would be even better if there was a way to quickly access an interface for choosing what to play next.
- (2012-11-24) Paul Topham: Brilliant. Exactly what I needed. Great work.
- (2012-09-16) Michiel Poell: Simple but effective
- (2012-06-09) Kieran Hogg: Exactly what I was looking for, does the job nicely.
- (2011-12-17) Mark Faine: Love it, does exactly what it says it does. The author would go to the top of my list if he would incorporate a player so it could stream directly from the browser extension.
- (2020-03-22, v:1.2) Ross McNeil: Closing Chromebook pauses music
This seems to be a new behavior. Lately when I close my chromebook it pauses the music playing on the squeezeplayer that is linked to this extension. The Chromebook is a Lenovo 500e ChromeOS is Version 81.0.4044.42 (Official Build) beta (64-bit) Let me know what other info I can provide. Thanks!
- (2017-10-15, v:1.2) Mark Terrell: does not work
doesn't work. error is always: This site can’t be reached localhost refused to connect. Search Google for localhost 9000 ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
- (2016-12-09, v:1.2) Bruce Walton: nice app
I like it, would be better if there were a way to make it sticky.
- (2014-02-23, v:1.2) Chris Huber: Doesn't Work any more
It does not work, just the server link is still working ... what's wrong?