Helps you stay focused on the web by blocking unnecessary destractions
** new - you can now customise the block page with your own url; either local file, or http url! Find yourself getting easily distracted while completing tasks on the web? Procrastinator allows you to block websites you consider distracting to ensure you stay focused on your task. Procrastinator is designed to quickly add the websites you deem a distraction, and it does the rest. You also control when the websites are blocked with a simple timespan. This chrome extension will allow you to stay focused, and block yourself from distractions whilst you work. Procrastinator gives you the control of which specific websites, or a sub-set of websites using it's simple pattern matching techniques. Or if you're a power user, you can use regular expressions to fine tune which url's are blocked. Once you have defined your list of sites you want to block, you can also individually control the blocker for each website, or use a general time span to control all of the blocked websites.
- (2023-02-27) Clemens Ratte-Polle: ok, very simple :) But it forwards to an error page: This page has been blocked by... This should be disabled optionally: - Load error page? I want to forbid to forward a site to a specific URL.
- (2023-01-05) Tonmoy Hasan: Downloaded for the first time, really doesn't meet the need. Would be really helpful if it worked well, at least did half the work like shown in the overview.
- (2020-12-21) MugiWara: Works perfectly, I'm an impulsive web surf junky especially youtube, and this helped me curb that.
- (2018-02-22) Sergey Palyanov: Doesn't work for some websites
- (2018-02-21) CryoRaid: It works well, but I find it too easy to turn off, with me being a person with no self control, I will usualy just turn it off and stop working. come to think of it, I'm in history class right now with about 12 things missing so... yeah..
- (2017-11-10) lily ?: I tried all different ways to get it to work and it never did. It saved my times and all, but it just didn't work. Any tips on how to fix it?
- (2017-11-07) Arun Tejasvi Chaganty: It's very effective.
- (2016-11-08) Katerina: Though it doesn't lead to the classic "Get back to work" page anymore, it's still easily one of my top 5 chrome apps. Great stuff
- (2016-03-27) halite: Really good. Yeah, that's all I can say.
- (2016-02-01) Nauris Pukis: Default settings could be better, but the app is very simple and does what it's supposed to.
- (2015-08-30) Sandra B: No funciona
- (2015-04-20) Eric S: For Those of you wondering you it works for times such as 12:00pm it is in 24 hour time so 11:30 pm would be 23:30. Also, when doing late night blockages (such as 10:30 pm to 6:00 am), one would put 2230-2359, 0000-0600 because of how the script works. Remeber, 2400 doesnt work nad remember to save your times! hope i could be of use for this wonderful extension.
- (2014-08-31) Gabriela Esteves: Adorei o programa... me ajudou bastante. Super-indico para os procrastinados! Espero que ajude. Outo muito bom é a Nanny for Google Chrome (TM)!
- (2014-07-17) Felipe Muñoz: awesome cool and fresh
- (2014-07-15) Catherine Skinner: It's good. There is quick add. I just add a website, make the times 0000-2359 and turn it off and on as needed.
- (2014-06-24) Miroslav Ištvan: Great app! What about to add option to show desktop notification in case of period start or period end please?
- (2014-06-09) Z S: Does not work at all.
- (2014-05-11) Weston Hawkins: Doesn't work
- (2014-05-10) Maya Glasser: It doesnt seem to be working...I could not figure out how to add sites. I made a list of them and every time I hit save it told me I didn't have any sites written in!
- (2014-02-03) Something appears to be broken on it. It cannot save timecodes. I don't know if another extension is interfering, but can't use it at all. I would love it if it worked.
- (2013-03-19) Katie He: stupid app
- (2013-02-18) Molly Townsend: Didn't work. Wouldn't save anything. :(
- (2013-01-11) Nam Vu: This thing doesn't work anymore...
- (2012-12-19) José J. Mantrana: Great Extension!
- (2012-12-13) Frank Erickson: Re: earlier reviews...It now does have a redirect, but I agree a day-of-week option (either checkboxes or syntax allowing that in the Times field) would be nice. I'd also like to see the syntax for the URL/Pattern changed to allow for multiple sites (so I don't need to set their times separately). This feature can be found in the Website Blocker extension, e.g., with (facebook|twitter|hootsuite).com
- (2012-11-16) Mirco Caramori: Love it, simple and effective. Only one thing missing: ability to specify not just the time but also the day of the week. For instance, on weekends, I'd like to be able to access to Facebook all day long.
- (2012-11-16) Henri H.: Awesome add-on. Only missing one thing, which all of these seem to be: redirect instead of block. If I have a to-do list somewhere, it'd be nice to redirect to the to-do list URL instead of just displaying a block page.
- (2022-01-17, v:1.1.0) Roland Gemmell: does not save a website and time
Hi there, thank you for your product. I have used Procrastinator for a while fairly effectively. I found that if I uninstall I can get to the websites I had previously blocked. I have re-installed, but whenever I capture a website and time span and save - there is nothing saved. Not sure what I am doing wrong. eg https://www.youtube.com and 1700-1730 - not saved Regards, Roland
- (2018-04-24, v:1.1.0) Alexandra Lunn: how to block facebook?
- (2018-04-03, v:1.1.0) Salut Zeed: A Hard Mode
it would be interesting to have a setting in this extension that makes it so that the person cannot turn the block off until the time is set or they uninstalled the extension. the android app detox (white background, green lock icon) is very strong and i highly recommend taking some notes from it. No insult or anything. this extension is looking good so far. just downloaded it
- (2016-02-09, v:1.0.3) add new usefull function
Hi Ben, congratulations by the app Is very useful for me. I would like to suggest a new function for fast and very more useful. Can do you a button to click and add a URL to block? only a URL not the dns. Example: If i want to block one page (ex: www.facebook.com/zuck and not the www.facebook.com, another example: block only https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blablablabla and not www.youtube.com. I know that is possible pasting the url on the text field of the blocker but if have only a button, is very more fast to do it. Can is possible to save users life doing this!? I hope that you think seriously about. thanks for attention.
- (2015-10-12, v:1.0.3) Leon War: anti youtube procrastination
hey how about an app that delays the start of youtube videos for a certain amount of time(e.g. 1,5 minutes ) so the dopamin goes back and you can practice free will again :) youd be the hero of the whole generation that gets their education from that platform!
- (2015-10-06, v:1.0.3) Mikhail Tabunov: Setup issue
Hello. It will be more intuitive if empty time interval will be treated as 0000-2359. I thought that extension does not work until i read comments here
- (2015-03-29, v:1.0.3) Adam Logan: Exceptions
Would really appreciate being able to add exceptions or use a whitelist, for example I want to be able to exclude music websites as I consider them to be helpful to my productivity rather than against it. Also, while the interface is nice for adding individual webites or whatever, it's a pain if you already have a list like a url filter list or whatever you want to use. I'd appreciate being able to do a black list and a white list instead of adding each domain individually. I use this addon because it allows me to use wildcards and block virtually all websites for certain time blocks in the morning and at night. For some reason no other addon I've tried lets me do this on Chrome. Keep up the good work.
- (2015-02-16, v:1.0.3) Mario Caiti: Doesn't work
...at all. I put in the FB, twitter and a game URLs, tried restarting Chrome and it's completely ineffective.
- (2014-05-10, v:1.0.3) Maya Glasser: Not saving sites
It doesnt seem to be working...I could not figure out how to add sites. I made a list of them and every time I hit save it told me I didn't have any sites written in!
- (2013-04-29, v:1.0.3) Matthew Beckers: Sync Preferences using chrome.storage.sync
Unless I have missed something, the list of blocked websites that I have configured in Procrastinator does not sync to my other computers along with the extension. I would just like to point out to you that you can easily do this via chrome.storage.sync https://developer.chrome.com/trunk/extensions/storage.html#property-sync as noted in the answer on stackoverflow here http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4213882/how-to-sync-chrome-extension-options just in case you didn't know already. Fantastic, simple but productive extension - thank you!