Turns JIRA key names (such as 'SUPPORT-123') to links in webpages for easy navigation.
Linkify JIRA Issues turns Atlassian JIRA issue keys (such as 'SUPPORT-123') to links in webpages for easy navigation. With Linkify JIRA Issues, getting between JIRA and your other workflow management tools, like GitHub or Gmail, is a breeze. Save time and frustration, and give Linkify JIRA Issues a try. Linkify JIRA Issues does not contain ads or any tracking of any kind. It's free now and always.
- (2020-03-30) Steve Jagodzinski: Is this open source to be sure that data is not being sent home? This extension works perfectly, but I have to rate it a 3 because the source is not readily available / there is no way to know its not sending content home. I mainly want this to link to JIRA from GitLab, and I don't need a random Chrome extension developer knowing all of our company inner source code. Happy to change to a 5 if source code can be provided.
- (2020-03-27) Andy McCormick: Exactly what I needed.
- (2019-09-06) Forrest Smith: This works well for me, except for one quirky behavior on Chrome OS that is actually pretty disruptive: If I'm typing out an issue tag in a text-input box, the moment when the plain text gets caught and edited into a link by the extension also seems to reset the placement of my cursor in the text box (it seems to almost always jump back to just before the start of the link). Is there a way to disable the auto-linking in text-input boxes? Or to have it add the link but but leave my cursor where it is?
- (2019-07-16) Derek Jobst: This is awesome, it does exactly what I was looking for. Whoever you are Matthew Sullivan, thank you!
- (2019-07-03) Jarosław Rencz: It would be great to be able to decide whether links should always be opened in a new tab
- (2019-02-19) This is a very useful extension, however two issues: (1) Sometimes the 'browse path' that I set gets reset back to the default 'https://example.com/browse/'. Very annoying - I wish I could "lock" the configured value not to be reset. (2) I need more than one Jira domain, but this extension only supports a single one.
- (2019-01-09) Robert Wunsch: I do like the plugin - BUT PROBLEM: I does not work for high issue values such as "CQ-4260316" - the last digit is being cut-off.
- (2018-10-10) Nate Elmer: This is a simple and effective extension, thank you.
- (2018-08-22) Audun Bjørkøy: Does what we want! Only thing I could ask for is an option to open links in new tabs.
- (2016-10-13) Devon Lehman: Does exactly what I want it to do, works perfectly!
- (2015-09-10) Chris Lozeau: Links to JIRA issues perfectly. Time saver. Thanks!
- (2015-02-12) Andrew Macheret: The only of this kind that I could find, however: 1. We use gitlab, but it unfortunately breaks the network graph and there's no way to exclude a page by wildcards like you can with userscripts. 2. The regex is case sensitive, and the only workaround is to do something like [tT][iI][cC][kK][eE][tT]-[0-9]+ which gets painful when you start to work with more projects. I ended up copying a chunk of the source code and making a personal userscript out of it.
- (2014-06-04) Grzegorz Pawlik: Works like a charm, the only thing I miss is having name of the issue as tooltip for the link.
- (2021-03-24, v:1.0.2) Ed Zeghers: Locks up Jira
I love the add-on but I can no longer use it. I can no longer edit any Jira issues. It just locks up when I try to edit the text. If I remove this add-on, all works again. I tried to exclude our Jira domain in the settings but that doesn't help.
- (2021-03-04, v:1.0.2) James Burke: New Jira View
Hi, I recently upgraded to the new Jira Issue View (https://support.atlassian.com/jira-core-cloud/docs/what-is-the-new-jira-issue-view/) and found that pasting in issue codes caused the tab to crash, and my local storage to be polluted. I tracked it down to this extension and had to add our Jira domain to the list of exceptions in order to work around. Flagging for your consideration. Thanks.
- (2020-03-27, v:1.0.2) Andy McCormick: Couple suggestions
I was just working on something like this today and realized I should check to see if it already existed. For me, just two items I'd like to see added. - the ability to open links in new tab - the ability to limit to only particular sites. There's really only a couple sites I want this to work on and leave other sites alone. So I'd much rather be able to have an "only include" sites option as well. thanks!
- (2019-08-26, v:1.0.2) Kyle Rogers: Is the source available?
I'd like to be able to see the source to review for security and possibly contribute back fixes and features.
- (2019-01-22, v:1.0.2) Tries to linkify before I'm done typing
I often find that as I type "PROJ-1234", linkifying kicks in before I finish and I get a bad link on "PROJ-12". When this happens, it's not uncommon for the cursor to remain at the beginning of the link so if I keep typing, I get "34PROJ-12" with "PROJ-12" linkified. I'd suggest one or both of two optimizations: 1. only linkify when the user types a space after the issue key, 2. add a configurable delay to only linkify when the user stops typing for a quarter or half or even a full second.
- (2019-01-09, v:1.0.2) Robert Wunsch: Last Digit cut off on high ticket numbers (e.g. CQ-4260316)
Hello Dev Team, the plug-in is cool and helpful, but unfortunately the link is incorrect for high JIRA ticket values, such as CQ-4260316 - the last digit is cut-off. Cheers Robert
- (2018-07-18, v:1.0.2) Open in New Tab
It would be really helpful if there was a setting we could disable/enable to auto open the link in a new window
- (2016-11-16, v:1.0.2) André Rieussec: White List
Hi! I just came across your extension and it works really well! I was wondering if you could maybe add a white list of domains for which it should work. That would be a good alternative to the blacklist.
- (2016-05-28, v:1.0.2) Detlef Schneider: Use your code
Hi Matthew, I found your chrome extension "Linkify JIRA Issues" which is pretty close to what I need for my own purposes. I would like to adapt it to work with OTRS links or TFS links. Would you mind, if I use your extension original code as a basis and adapt it to my needs? Of course, if I publish my extension, I would mention you as the originator (i.e. on the options.html)... best regards Detlef
- (2015-06-03, v:1.0.2) Richard Garris: I am using your plugin to linkify a pattern(but not for JIRA)
Is there a way in the configuration panel you can have an option to not include the "/" I am trying to create a link using the pattern. http://mywebserver.com/file=<Pattern> But it is not working because the plugin always includes a slash in front. http://mywebserver.com/file=/<Pattern>
- (2014-07-29, v:1.0.2) Andy Schlaikjer: Gmail compose msg, link created too quickly
First, Love this extension. So terribly helpful. Thank you so much. The issue: I use gmail heavily. When I'm composing a message, if I start typing a sequence of chars which matches the configured jira regex, as soon as a valid match is seen, a link is created and my cursor jumps to beginning of line. This often results in partial link within my email, something like the following: Assume the actual jira is XYZ-123. I begin typing XYZ-1, at which point a jira link is recognized, and cursor jumps to beginning of line, where I've typed the remainder of the jira name "23".. Ouch. Is there some way to increase the delay by which the regex is applied to page content, or perhaps disable the scan within editor windows which support linkification, like gmail compose windows?