Simple end-to-end encryption and multi-factor authentication in Gmail
Practice safe sharing - Team Secrets protects the sensitive files your teams are sharing in Gmail with end-to-end encryption, 2-factor authentication, file expiration and viewer verification. Just write an email as you normally would - Team Secrets adds a simple “Encrypt” button to your Gmail compose window so you can enable secure encryption for all of your attachments. Team Secrets will even remind you to encrypt when you drag-and-drop an attachment to Gmail (you can easily disable this reminder if you choose). Team Secrets uses bank-grade encryption to protect your file attachments from the moment you start uploading until they are opened by the recipient. Snooping on the transfer or stealing the file will result in something completely undecipherable. Set an expiration timer for your file attachments in days, weeks or months. Team Secrets ensures that anyone opening your file attachments is authenticated using at least 2 forms of ID. Only the people you choose can assemble the keys necessary to decrypt the files. Require 2-factor authentication by entering a mobile number for your recipients. Add an extra layer of security by generating an unguessable secure random passphrase. Unlike other encrypted email providers, anyone can receive encrypted attachments without registering and with no software to install. They simply need to be able to receive email and enter a code received on their mobile or the passphrase you provide (or both). Your team is already sharing sensitive files in Gmail so it’s time to get them secured. Team Secrets works seamlessly with your existing collaborative tools to level up your security. * How secure is Team Secrets?* Team Secrets uses open source, third-party audited encryption algorithms (XSalsa20Poly1305) that run completely in your browser so no unencrypted data is ever sent to a Team Secrets server. Team Secrets is unable to see or decrypt any of your data and does not have access to any encryption keys. *Who should use Team Secrets?* Team Secrets is great for CPAs, attorneys/lawyers, healthcare professionals - anyone who regularly sends sensitive file attachments with personal information to clients or patients. It’s also great for security and privacy conscious individuals and teams. * Pricing * Team Secrets is free for unlimited use for 30 days. At the end of the trial, you will be asked to enter payment information or disable the product. Team Secrets will never charge you or a recipient to decrypt a file. For more, see pricing at https://www.teamsecrets.io/ *About extension permissions* When you install Team Secrets, you will be notified that Team Secrets can: - “Read and change all your data on a number of websites” - this allows Team Secrets to determine when you are sending an email that might need encryption - “Display notifications” - this lets Team Secrets show you upload progress and informational messages - “Communicate with cooperating websites” - allows Team Secrets to communicate with the secure teamsecrets.io website so it can upload encrypted data for secure transfer *Need help?* Visit https://www.teamsecrets.io/support to live chat with our support team or email us at [email protected] or contact us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/UseTeamSecrets Terms of Service: https://www.teamsecrets.io/terms
- (2020-03-20) Farhat Abbas: Love this tool. I wanted to share credentials of a critical system in a secure way to some dev partners my company works with. Couldn't find a more easy and reliable tool other than this for that purpose.
- (2020-01-29) Justin Wilson: Easy to use - I like the way it is just a button beside the existing attachment button so whenever I need the extra layer of security etc..
- (2020-01-13) Lowell Porter: Tried sending documents encrypted with extension in gmail. Sent passphrase to recipient. Every time they try to use it always says passphrase is incorrect and I get an email that says please share with recipient outside of Jira. Erm...I'm using it in gmail. Why is it asking about Jira? I tried twice. Uninstalling.
- (2018-05-18) Tom Carter: Couldn't be easier. Love that I can require a user to get a text message to their phone so even if the recipient's email is hacked, no one else can download my attachments.
- (2017-11-27) Aniket Thakur: This tool makes it super easy to secure my personal documents before sending it via Gmail. Loved it!
- (2017-11-09) Brian Rauch: Finally a super cool, easy to use tool that helps me send secure docs via Gmail. Nice job all around!