This extension allows one to filter bot messages out of a slack channel.
Do you love slack? Do you love how it gathers all information in one place? Do you heavily use integrations to keep up to speed with version control, project management, continuous integration, ...? I do too! But sometimes, those integration messages get in the way of what's really important: communicating as a team. That's why I developed this extension. It inserts a 'filter' function into slack's channels and allows you to toggle the visibility of all those 'bot' messages. (Ironically: slackbot is not considered to be a bot :p) This allows you to focus on what the actual humans are saying. (Filtering is enabled/disabled on a per-domain, per-channel basis.) ##Changelog * 0.2.6: courtesy of [@Marthym](https://github.com/Marthym) - Optimized images - French locale * 0.2.5: - Fix for changes in slack layout (relative positioning ipo absolute) - Restructured code to make future change adjustments easier. * 0.2.4: Fix for change in slack layout (class renaming) * 0.2.3: Adjusted to custom font used by Slack in their new design. * 0.2.2: - Made it work in un-chromed windows (e.g. when launching from desktop shortcut). - Fixed bug when navigating to https://domain.slack.com instead of https://domain.slack.com/messages/channel directly. * 0.2.1: (Un)hides the toggle when going in and out of direct-message channels. * 0.2.0: Makes the toggle always appear next to the 'members' button. * 0.1.0: First release
- (2019-11-25) Jon-Eric Simmons: Doesn't work.
- (2019-10-04) Noman Hamid: Didn't work
- (2018-11-27) V S: Doesn't work for any of the bots/apps I've tried
- (2017-01-30) Jerome Gx: I'm working on a similar extension, you should check it out: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/filter-for-slack-beta/nbhfleeaohlpbahejiladfmpnmggcbpi?hl=fr
- (2016-11-17) Nicholas Fowler: Didn't work
- (2016-04-12) Rohan Oberoi: No longer works with Slack. Extension icon remains grey and filter icon does not appear.
- (2015-10-22) Fred C: Simple & efficient
- (2014-12-18) Thomas Simoens: Works for me amigo!
- (2018-03-14, v:0.2.7) Rafael Migliorini Puzzilli: I can't turn it on
How do I set it up? No icons nor channels are appearing on Slack.
- (2016-03-09, v:0.2.6) David Bowman: Icon Gone
It appears that recent Slack UI changes have again blocked this wonderful extension from working correctly. They added more icons where this extension's icon was.
- (2016-02-10, v:0.2.6) Rajiv Raman: How does it determine what to filter?
It filters some bots, but I still see automated messages from Bitbucket and JIRA. Maybe those are a different kind of bot?
- (2016-01-21, v:0.2.6) Steph Broz: Where do I access the app?
I cant find where to access it? It doesnt appear on my slack channels as displayed in the screen shots?
- (2016-01-15, v:0.2.6) Hrusikesh Panda: Doesn't filter more than one public channel
It worked on the first public channel I toggled on. After that, nothing happens when I click on the eye icon in other channels (public/private alike).