Copies a form from right click menu allowing you to paste the values to a similar form.
Have two forms that are basically identical and you want to move all the data from one form to another? Try this handy utility! Right click an input field on one form and use the Copy Form item in the menu. When first installed you will have to refresh any pages you plan on using the utility on. Enjoy!
- (2020-03-02) Or Drori: The plugin is not working properly.
- (2019-08-08) simsales eSewa: need shortcut key
- (2019-03-08) John Adams: *Exactly* what I needed. Unfortunately it did not function. When I "Paste Form" in another tab, nothing happens.
- (2018-06-19) Timothy Rayner: 4 out of 5 because there's always room for improvement. Two things would improve this. First: Textboxes. I know that these are not always treated as form elements but it would be useful if they were included. I currently use your extension for copying a form which has one textbox and so get round this by using normal copy and paste for the textbox and form copy and paste for the rest of the form but if there were two textboxes this would no longer be possible, plus even two copy and pastes are one more than needed. The other feature I would like to see is the ability to mark off and 'exempt' certain fields from being either copied or pasted. So for instance where I have the default date as today's date on an event page but I want to paste the venue address, event details and event organiser from a different form I could exempt the date and time fields and merely copy and paste everything else. This might be possible via greasemonkey style page manipulation (which I believe is natively possible in Chrome). Just a thought.
- (2018-05-10) Yoni Sade: Every time I attempt to copy a form, I always see: Sorry, you have to refresh the page before it will work when first installed, even though I've hard refreshed it.
- (2017-07-12) Michele Gillis: Just what I needed! Thanks!
- (2017-01-03) Andy Hine: Excellent - just what I was looking for! Any chance of 1) Copying images too (perhaps you could configure the links to local files in the extension settings?) 2) Shortcut keys
- (2016-12-15) samar fat-hy ibrahym: great idea go on ............
- (2016-11-30) Codrin Dițu: Every time I attempt to copy a form, I always see: Sorry, you have to refresh the page before it will work when first installed. I refreshed the page. I closed the browser. Then opened a new page. Then uninstalled the extension. Installed it again. ... Same experience.
- (2016-07-02) Juan Manuel Zolezzi Volpi: Works perfectly well but it's disabled from now and them. To solve, remove extension, restart Chrome and reinstall it.
- (2016-01-05) Rajiv Soni: why ist say to refresh the paze
- (2015-11-23) Juan Antonio Tubío: Excellent to test similar forms on multiple domains. Thank you.
- (2015-08-21) Shane Carroll: This made my life so much easier. Thank you.
- (2015-06-11) Ignacio Lago: I absolutely love it.
- (2015-05-05) Selvakumar R: Nice tool
- (2014-12-11) Danielo Rodríguez: Nice! Maybe the option to keep an history of forms is useful. Anyway, it works as expected, simple and useful.
- (2014-11-12) Jamie Morris: very good. all it needs now are hotkeys. then it would be perfect.
- (2014-10-17) Otilija Lavros: Excellent tool!
- (2014-07-22) Dimas Pribadi: do 90% of the tricks with right-click copy and paste, but cant perfectly paste the copied form
- (2020-03-06, v:0.0.1.2) Mark Gonzalez: Copy Function Not Working
Every time I copy form, it does not paste into the other form.
- (2020-01-28, v:0.0.1.2) VA Services: Add Supported
Suggestions Cont me my mo.no. or email
- (2019-10-19, v:0.0.1.2) byetnaDotCom ismailia: radio buttons not copied
all type of html controls works perfectly except radio buttons .... please update
- (2019-08-08, v:0.0.1.2) simsales eSewa: About add Shortcut key
Hello, Will please add shortcut key on this. it will make more easier to use this. Hope it will deployment as soon as possible, Thank you
- (2017-12-14, v:0.0.1.2) How to use? Directions?
Every time I click copy form it takes me to this page and it already says 'added to chrome'... what am I doing wrong?
- (2017-04-28, v:0.0.1.2) David Oshiro: Preserve Button Values
Currently, when pasting form contents from FormA to FormB, FormB's button values are overwritten. Some forms change the buttons and their values depending on the state of the data. If the data is new the submit value will be "submit". If the data already exists, the submit value may be "Update" Other than that, Great plugin! Thanks!
- (2017-04-23, v:0.0.1.2) Pooja N: where I can I paste the form
It seems that the copy form function wowrks but I tried pasting the content to notepad but did not get anything. Am I doing something wrong?
- (2017-03-10, v:0.0.1.2) JOHN Vasquez: textareas and selects
Anyway you can add functionality to work with ckeditor textareas and styled dropdowns?
- (2017-01-03, v:0.0.1.2) Andy Hine: Any chance of
Any chance of 1) Copying images too (perhaps you could configure the links to local files in the extension settings?) 2) Shortcut keys
- (2016-12-18, v:0.0.1.2) Carlo Fardella: Change selector
Hi Sam, Thanks for the tool.... its great! Is there a way to use a selector other than 'name'? 'id' for example? Thanks, Carlo
- (2016-11-15, v:0.0.1.2) Alex Wu: Is it possible to auto alter some text?
Is there a way to alter some text or get rid of the unwanted chars? The reason behind is when copying forms from one to the other, sometimes it would be nice to get rid of space or chars such as "#" for example. I'm open to suggestions even that means I have to modify some extensions. I have to say this app is the 2nd on my list beside addblock plus with Chrome. It saves so much time of mine. Cheers!
- (2016-07-21, v:0.0.1.2) Nick Van Der Horst: is it possible to run this from the console?
I'd like to use a snippet to call "paste form". I could pass it the form element too.