For a site called reason, you'd think it would block trolls, help users navigate comment threads, and show inline media. (Drink.)
Designed to make your commingling with the cosmotarian commentariat at reason.com a marginally more enjoyable experience. Features (all toggle-able): * Blacklist trolls and blogwhores. Recommendations are made automatically from an online list, and there's an ignore button when reading posts. * Display delicious alt text directly underneath images. Also, for larger images you can click on them and view it full screen without leaving the page. * In threaded comments, toggle between showing all replies and direct replies * See YouTube videos and images in posts * Store the hyperlinks to recent comments you've made for easier access * See Gravatar/Identicon avatars * Improve load times by removing the Facebook and Twitter sharing APIs * Links to quickly insert HTML into comment forms Permissions requested: The extension asks for "access to your data on brymck.com," which is for updating the list of trolls and nothing else. You can turn off whether you receive (to make troll detection hands-off) or send (to make the automated troll list more democratic) any info. Information on your tabs (i.e. your "browsing history") is necessary to display the icon whenever you visit a page where the extension is active. I store zero personal or identifying information on folks using this extension. Source: https://github.com/brymck/reasonable Feel free to send me feedback here, there or anywhere else. If you have an issue, you can either enter it below in the comments or on the GitHub or Google Code homepages: https://github.com/brymck/reasonable/issues/new http://code.google.com/p/reasonable/issues/entry
- (2019-07-24) John Wilkinson: Looked promising but it's defunct and the maker is no more. Still, the comments saved it. 7/10 smeckles.
- (2015-09-09) Mark Yadlosky: Reason went to https for some reason and now Reasonable isn't working (at least that's the popular theory). Can you take a look?
- (2014-04-11) Steve: now we just need the extension where the troll-engagers can be sanctioned in some way, like, say, having to spend a day with Steve Smith.
- (2014-03-22) Michael S. Langston: Works as advertised
- (2014-01-08) Jeremy Hurtt: Since I installed Reasonable, my orphans have been able to get 65% more monocle polishing completed, which allows me to take the time I was wasting beating them and instead convert more bald eagle heads and faberge eggs into handy potato-gun ammunition for clearing single mothers and gay minorities from in front of my gates.
- (2013-01-18) Evan Gould: Awesome.