This extension mutes previous audible tabs when a new tab starts making sound. Toggle mute current tab: Cmd+Shift+8
This extension lets you control mute status of multiple tabs. Often, one listens to music in a tab, but occasionally one would open another tab with a video or something - this extension automatically mutes the previous tab. It works like a stack, last audible tab gets to make sound, all previous tabs are muted. Once the new tab goes silent, the previous tabs are unmuted (one at a time, only one tab will be audible at a time). Besides that, you can mute all tabs with Cmd+Shift+0. unmute all tabs with Cmd+Shift+9 (although, if you have multiple audible tabs, only one will remain unmuted, rest will be muted by extension.) Toggle mute status of a single tab with Cmd+Shift+8. Any tabs you mute with these shortcuts will not be unmuted by extention, you have to unmute with the one of the shortcuts.
- (2020-09-22) Brett Atencio RN: Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't, right now I'm watching YouTube but the audio is from an inactive tab, the last update was 2015! I'll have to find something current.
- (2020-08-12) Michał Nawrot: Thanks bro! The extension works just as expected.
- (2020-07-21) fetB: for a tab to become new, it has to be reloaded or the old "new" closed, which isnt always desired. Also, it would make a lot more sense to pause the inactive stream(s).
- (2020-02-27) Dat Do: Awesome! I have been looking for this for a long time!
- (2018-01-11) Ashley Hoang: This extension is great! It delays a little bit, but it works well any way. Auto mute, and then auto unmute. Really cool!
- (2017-06-11) Matt: Hi there, I think this extension is great! I'd like it if the audio focus followed the active tab though, rather than the newest one playing audio. Also, could you lower the check interval a little bit, maybe to once a second instead of every three? Thanks!
- (2017-05-12) Ethan Ferrell: Excellent, the only issue would be the delayed muting and unmuting of audio
- (2017-03-04) Allan Pinto Soares: Exactly what i needed.
- (2017-02-21) Christoph D: It's a bit tardy, but other than that, it's great. I love that it reactivates the background tabs when audio stops in active tab. :)
- (2016-09-29) Tancho K.: How long have I dreamed of this? Finally! and it's just as comfortable as I hoped. Now add some kind of fade-in/-out and I you can have 6 stars and ma money.
- (2016-03-25) Gurkanca Paylaşım: Müthiş faydalı bir eklenti. Thanks great helpful
- (2016-02-05) Oneng Lar: Really awesome!!! helpful! Thanks)
- (2015-12-15) Shashi K: works as promised!