Each new tab opens to a random Wikipedia article
The extension opens a random Wikipedia article in the background on each new tab. The latest version also lets you choose other languages as well as Wikia sites. Let us know if you want other languages or other wikias added! Learn something new, discover an interesting fact, or find out just how many articles Wikipedia actually has about Euro Football. Perhaps you are wondering "can't I just change my homepage?". This is better: It caches a few pages in the background, so you don't have to wait for it to load and can get on with your new-tab-ish business. This plugin is open source. See the source code (and contribute to it!) here: https://github.com/jamesagnew/random_wikipedia_tab/
- (2018-05-15) lexandra janeva: How to activate content inside tab? Seems like right corner settings are not working
- (2016-12-03) Yota: Doesn't work
- (2016-11-28) Maik Lanen: Does not work!!!!! werkt niet ne pas traveille!!!
- (2016-05-15) Peter Kingswell: It doesn't work for me because Chrome says it hasn't properly asked for CORS: XMLHttpRequest cannot load https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Random. No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. Origin 'chrome-extension://lngmpepkiehelbokpbaaddablknfoncc' is therefore not allowed access. HTH
- (2016-03-02) T: Great idea, but didn't work- reinstalled the app and still nothing loads.
- (2014-12-21) Jeff Alan: Does not work.
- (2013-11-08) Fresia Martinez: The idea is great, and nice, but there is no way to access your most visited websites, or get to your bookmarks quickly. You literally have to type it into the search bar and for me, that's inconvenient. I will add this again if it includes the bookmarks bar on the top. Other than that it's good.
- (2013-10-25) Nick Serfore: I have figured it out! Just go to customize control (the three prongs near your top right corner, click history. Once you are there look on the left side,it should say history ,extensions and settings. Click extensions and look through it to find Wikipedia. once you have found it click the trash can. it should ask you to confirm removal. Click yes and whala it is gone!
- (2013-07-27) Isobel Sutherland: IT IS SO CRAP I CANNOT GET RID OF IT!!!!!!
- (2013-07-11) Korpionix: This does work but I hate it . I REALLY want to get my awesome new tab back please tell me how to uninstall.
- (2013-06-13) siddharth das: it's awful. can anybody tell me how to remove this from my chrome settings?
- (2013-01-27) Ryan Carman: what a great idea!
- (2013-01-27) Emilio Franco: Brilliant Idea!
- (2015-12-26, v:3.1) Justin Carrao: No Tab
i get a blank page with a bar up top that says "random wikipedia tab" but no actual wikipedia page