Project Tab Manager is an extension for Google Chrome that helps you focus on a single project.
Project Tab Manager is an extension for Google Chrome that helps you focus on a single project. It preserves each windows as projects, not only you can restore them anytime, you can synchronize projects across different devices using same Chrome profile. * In order to preserve window status for later use, press the window close button and do not close tabs you want to restore.
- (2020-02-17) Alex Heid: Diese Erweiterung ist einzigartig und hilft mir sehr bei meinen Projekten den Überblick zu behalten. --- This extension is unique and helps me a lot to keep track of my projects.
- (2020-01-08) Ric Moxley: I can't rely on the Project tab manager because it frequently FORGETS my tabs. I then have to rebuild all my tabs when I return the next day to the Project tab manager. More often than not, all the tabs are gone the next day! And no: I am not closing tabs. The tab manager is simply forgetting, as though it's hearkening back to the first time I ever used it, loading three old tabs I don't even use anymore for that particular project grouping. Frustrating.
- (2019-12-15) Paolo Giangrandi: I love it. Wish this was the browsers' default behavior.
- (2018-07-26) Oluf Lorenzen: Sadly does not work, cant create projects.
- (2018-03-19) Фёдор МИР: Самое удобное в своём роде. Очень удобно сохранять/открывать/закрывать окна как проекты. Группа вкладок на каждый проект и удобно использовать их только тогда, когда нужны. А когда не нужны, закрывать.
- (2017-11-07) Gersivan Oliveira: Útil e boa.
- (2017-03-01) Philippe Clain: Se démarque des autres gestionnaires d'onglet. répond parfaitement au besoin !!!
- (2016-08-23) Marian W: New version & design are great! Simple but useful powerful extension for 'tab horders' like me ;-)
- (2016-08-23) zloidooraque: no workz
- (2016-07-28) Bikram Kalsi: needs to be sync-able with google
- (2016-07-15) Eric Barton: Very useful! Could you add a way to close a window without retaining an anonymous (i.e. named by date) project? That would avoid the tedium of either having to close all the tabs before closing the window, or having the delete the project I didn't really want.
- (2016-06-24) Artur Grycuk: Be aware, this extension might work for some time, but later you will always loose all tabs. Not worth using, rather find something else. It's junk. If you want somehow restore all links go to: C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Extension Settings\(find folder with .log file where are all links) - log file open with notepad and you need many hours to go through hundreds of lines. Sadly I liked it at the beginning, now it adds few days of work.
- (2016-06-03) Mister Elwood: The idea of an active project/session manager is great. However, Project Tab Manager messes up pretty bad: - Tabs keep disappearing from the saved sessions. - Some sessions can't be removed. - Some sessions are duplicated for no apparent reason. - Some sessions are recreated without a title. - Etc... Try Simple Window Saver instead.
- (2016-05-13) Bob Weber: I Love what this is supposed to do, but it seems like it's broken. Doesn't save the folders like it should. Every time the browser restarts there is lost data.
- (2016-05-09) Jeremy Buege: Doesn't really work. Opening a new window overwrote the first "project," and I couldn't find any other way to create new projects.
- (2016-04-08) Roony Alvarez: Pretty neat to organize many open tabs :)
- (2016-03-03) Marcus Vinicius Trielli dos Santos: Era o que eu buscava há muito tempo! Me ajudou muito e não preciso mais salvar os links nos favoritos. Ajuda a estudar, ganha muito tempo na organização das abas. Muito útil para estudos e pesquisa. Parabéns!
- (2016-02-02) tiago borges: The simple yet great model of managing tabs i was looking for!
- (2016-01-26) Philip Rhoades P: This looks like it could be very useful for me but please add (an option at least) International Date Format: YYYY-MM-DD Thanks! Phil.
- (2016-01-19) Kok-Liang Lim: Very good, very nice, this is 100% what I am looking for!!! Keep up the good work!!! Thank you very much
- (2015-12-17) Mike Snus: I had 2 windows, it showed both. Made one more window by dragging a tab, and plugin still shows only 2, one disappeared from the list ((
- (2015-09-16) Travis Miller: This add-in has lost tabs on at least 3 occasions in the 2 weeks I've used it. This completely defeats the purpose of the tool and makes me less, not more, productive!
- (2015-08-15) Katherine Venegas: Do you like saving your bookmark and then having them disappear? Than use this extension. I had it for about 2 years and it's finally the last straw. It is unreliable and saves somethings and doesn't save other. The dates can be off and just a bucket of NO
- (2015-05-14) Ben Thompson: No longer works. Doesn't recognize my open tabs to create groups. Old tabs groups were removed after an update.
- (2015-01-29) Alexandr Nevskiy: It looks terribly uncomplete. Couldn't start it using, moved to other plugins right after 5 minutes.
- (2020-02-07, v:4.0.2) Eric vanBok: Issues on latest Chrome version
My Chrome just updated to Version 80.0.3987.87 and now Project Tab Manager does not work. The icon still appears in the toolbar of the browser, but when I click on it all I get is a tiny blank dropdown. I can't see any of the projects I have setup thus I can't open any of them. Is anyone else having issues with this?
- (2018-08-15, v:4.0.2) Dirk Loose: Fix if creating projects fail
I fixed my problem with resetting all flags to default. I restored Chrome to defaults before, but that did not do the job. Restoring the flags fixed the problem. Go to chrome://flags/ and press "Reset all to default". After Restart Crhome the extension should work again.
- (2018-06-20, v:4.0.2) Makŏ Williams: support
Seem the developer is no longer managing the product....
- (2018-06-20, v:4.0.2) Makŏ Williams: Create new projects
I am unable to create new projects. Can i delete the extension w/o loosing my data and reinstall?
- (2018-06-04, v:4.0.2) Dirk Loose: Does not work anymore
Same problems here: I can't create new project. I can't delete old project. I can't rename old project. The extension stops working!
- (2018-05-11, v:4.0.2) Vito Giuseppe Cocchiara: I can't edit sessions anymore
I can't create new project. I can't delete old project. I can't rename old project. The extension stops working!
- (2018-04-30, v:4.0.2) Axel Mulder: Crash after clicking
Project Tab Manager stops responding after the first time I try to click any of its buttons. I'm on a MBP High Sierra.
- (2018-03-28, v:4.0.2) Chrome Updated, then I can't save session to project. And I can't edit project.
I tried to save session to project. Then edit section is whiteout and I can't save it. As same as problem is edit project. Chrome version is 65.0.3325.181（Official Build）.
- (2017-03-10, v:4.0.2) Cliff Lee: Sort projects by name
Please allow list of projects to be sorted by name.
- (2017-01-28, v:4.0.2) Carlos Arteaga: Blank Session
Hello I was wondering if you could remove any Blank sessions. Sometimes I go into the Project Tab Manager and find sessions that
- (2017-01-21, v:4.0.2) Eric Barton: Stopped working?
<sorry, posted to "questions" first> The project tab manager button just stopped working. Now it doesn't list any projects (and I have several). Right click shows a menu, but with "Options" greyed out. I looked at Project tab manager in chrome://extensions but there is no "background link" « collapse