Screen capture any element on a webpage.
This is a Chrome extension which will screen capture any HTML element of your choosing. Click the camera icon in the URL bar to begin selection, then hover over any element and click to capture an image and open it in a new tab.
- (2022-01-07) Equus Bambusoideae: When I capture an element, a transparent red line to indicate capturing range is also captured. It is not handy when I just want to copy and paste an element to slides or something.
- (2017-09-05) Tomáš Kafka: Amazing little tool, essential for wireframing and prototyping!
- (2017-08-08) 전성 (베이직): Not working.
- (2017-06-26) abbas elsorady: An exellent tool
- (2016-10-13) Chiranjeevi Y: useless
- (2016-06-21) Steve G: I'm sure this could be good but it just doesn't meet what is required.. If you select an element which is a whole article where you have to scroll to read it.. It only captures what is visible on the screen at the time of capture.. So this is basically less useful than a scrolling screenshot tool.
- (2016-06-04) Markus Zeller: Nice extension, thank you. If you still develop it, I have following suggestions: 1) How to abort "capturing"? 2) Can only capture visible part of element. 3) When clicking to capture a linked element, it won't capture, but call the link.
- (2016-04-20) Load Field: very handy tool ,fast and easy to use
- (2015-11-23) Vince Pale Jr: Worked well for me with the current version of chrome on this date.
- (2015-10-08) Luper Rouch: Doesn't handle zoom
- (2015-10-01) Roland Illig: Great simple extension that just does what it promises.
- (2015-05-15) Timmy D'Hooghe: Werkt niet. Aagezien de laatste update uit 2012 is zal dat ook niet verwonderen...
- (2014-12-03) 何明旺: 选择元素后并没有截图啊，这是什么情况，有没有人能告诉我？
- (2014-08-13) Samar Abidi: title of this extensions should tell you what it does... unfortunately this one doesn't... description is enough to understand what it does... unfortunately it does not work (most likely due to changing chrome standards)... looks promising... removed
- (2014-06-01) Thibaud Lopez Schneider: It works. I have Chrome Version 35.0.1916.114. I had to manually edit the extension's manifest.json and add the permission activeTab as solved in Chromium Issue 140433003, and I had to manually load the unpacked extension in developer mode. Now it correctly captures the element as an image. However, it doesn't calculate the correct dimensions for zoomed pages, and it can't capture elements in iframes. Hope it helps. /Tibo
- (2014-05-25) miquel coll: It doesn't work with chrome 35/Ubuntu. When I click on the div I want to print neither opens a new tab with the selection nor saves it to the clipboard
- (2014-05-08) Dmitriy Hodyrev: Extension is awesome. But stopped to work since some version of Chrome. Please fix extension's permission in order to make it working again.
- (2014-04-25) Guy Morita: Well it doesn't work... Otherwise it would've been great! Please fix! Thanks
- (2014-04-06) Mike Lewis: This was a 5 star extension when it worked. Now it's completely useless.
- (2014-03-16) Nicky Vadera: Would be good if it didn't include the extension added red line in captures
- (2014-01-29) Antonio Romero Sanisidro: Doesn't capture elements outside the scroll screen.
- (2014-01-25) Alban Lopez: Good apps, but missing copy result to the clipboard
- (2013-11-11) Scott O'Hara: Only seems to capture the visible part of the element. If the captured element is bigger than the current viewport, the PNG will be the full size of the element, but any off-screen content will be transparent. Presumably this is a browser limitation (eg. perhaps chrome has only painted the visible content, so the extension has no way to capture outside the current viewport); so it's probably working as intended. Unfortunately for me, I need something that captures the entire element including any off-screen portions. If you only need to capture small elements though, it works as advertised.
- (2013-05-19) Cino Haans: ok it works. i needed this function. but at some pages, it captures blank.
- (2013-03-12) amir ahmadi: i would be better if it captured pages with 2 parts,up _______(line) down
- (2013-02-27) Danny Tremblay: ne fonctionne pas du tout