Generates strong, recoverable SHA1 password hashes from a master password
Remember a single password to generate repeatable, secure passwords for multiple sites. Chrome implementation of Nic Wolff's SHA1 password generator ( http://angel.net/~nic/passwd.sha1.1a.html ). All actual hashing code taken directly from link above. Extension adds a 'save' button to store the master password (optionally), and will try to pre-fill the site name with the current site's root domain name. Last three characters of password will always be "1a!" for sites that require a combination of letters, numbers and/or punctuation. (new) Optionally, they can be set to "1a" for compatibility with angel.net. *CHANGELOG* Version 0.2.0 (03-20-2018) + Adding option for longer (up to 27/28 character passwords, before adding extra characters). + Recognize .io domains when stripping subdomains + Upgrade manifest version to support chrome 67 Version 0.1.3.6 (04-21-2010) +Fixed options page settings not being saved Version 0.1.3.5 (03-11-2010) +Adding options page and session storage option +Removed 'save' checkbox from popup +Added compatibility option with angel .net (passwords end in '1a!' vs '1a') +Improved domain name parser +Better button style Version 0.1.3.2 (12-12-2009) +Added default_title Version 0.1.3.1 (08-12-2009) +Rounding popup corners Version 0.1.3.0 (29-11-2009) +Automatically copy generated password to clipboard
- (2019-01-03) Andrew Whaley: I've used this for years and it's kept me safe from several major breaches. I've now switched to ChromeOS and the extension is generating inconsistent passwords - needs some attention.
- (2016-11-02) Michael Wyraz: A secure and easy way to have a unique password for every site
- (2013-05-22) Joaquín de la Zerda: Simple y útil. Mejor imposible :)
- (2013-03-24) Alvas Rawuther: What I absolutely like about this app is it's simplicity. It's not bloated at all.
- (2012-11-16) Richard Polson: Is there a phone app that goes along with this? If not then there definitely needs to be. Some computers don't allow some passwords to be passed with Chrome Sync so it would be cool to be able to regenerate my passwords on my phone. Beyond that however, this is a great app. Simple in its use and generates strong passwords. Not overly complex, but very effective.
- (2012-02-08) This just isn`t good enough. Unnecessary tiny UI. Lack of functionality like max lenght. Use of the whole url instead of just the naked domain etc etc.. One star from me.
- (2012-09-08, v:0.1.3.6) Alvas Rawuther: Bring apps for iphone/android
I'm a regular user of your password generator extension and really love how simple and easy-to-use it is, yet pretty secure. I'd really love it if you bring this awesomeness to iOS/Android as well. Thank you, The guy who loves your extension.