This extension provides a translation in the form of a tool-tip or 'speech bubble' that appears above words in the text of web-pages
The Vocabulist extension can help you with learning languages by providing instant translations of difficult words while you are reading webpages in a foreign language. This occurs when the mouse hovers over a word and therefore the text can be read with translation help when needed. The extension also allows you to highlight and select words, sentences or paragraphs on the webpage for translation. The extension can also speak the translated words, so can actually also be used as a page reader as well. 39 languages are supported from Arabic (العربية) to Vietnamese (Tiếng Việt). A bookmarklet is also provided at <a href="http://www.ejectamenta.com/Language-Learning/Vocabulist-Bookmarklet.html"> the ejectamenta.com website</a> as an alternative. It could be that the service reaches the limit of free translations. If you find the application useful and don't want to be limited then please contact me on the support tab.
- (2017-04-28) Very good, works very well. You can learn any language. Translate fast by selecting the word. But please add the autodetect language.
- (2015-07-30) Ines Handschuh: This app is really great for learning English. when you read a web page and you hover over a word it will translate it for you. Diese App ist wirklich super zum Englisch lernen geeignet. Wenn man eine Webseite liest und ein Wort markiert oder nur darüber fährt, wird es übersetzt. Es funktioniert auch bei mehreren Sätzen und ist sehr leicht zu installieren.
- (2021-03-04, v:2.1) Joseph Guo: Not working?
I tried using the extension and the bookmarlet but they both don't work. I even tried a plainer webpage like a wikipedia page, but it just doesn't work, as it does in your website's demo. I waited for a long time, but it nothing happens. On the wiki, I tried English to English, instead of English to Chinese, still nothing. Can you please check it out (when you have time)? (Btw, I really really love your url shortner bookmarklet btw. Works swell and is the best solution I found!) Thanks!
- (2019-02-27, v:2.1) Bety: Does not work on Firefox nor Chrome
I could install the bookmarklet, it worked some time but then there is not audio. Select language doesnt give you easy way to exchange languages or chose the more used languages.
- (2017-04-26, v:2.1) Audio?
Audio doesn't work
- (2017-04-26, v:2.1) Autodetect
Please add autodetect language.