Add the Holocene Epoch timestamp (2019 CE becomes 12019 HE) before or after the timestamps present on the webpage (or replace them).
The Holocene Epoch sets the first year of the "recent" epoch 10,000 years before the first Anno Domini (1 AD) for a better grasping of the development of the human civilization. The proposal was advanced by Cesare Emiliani in 1993 (see more in the What is the Holocene Epoch? of the extension). e.g. "1 Aug. 2019" can become "1 Aug. 2019 [12019 HE]"; "399 BC" can become "/9602 HE/ 399 BC"; "10 Sep. 259 BC" can become "10 Sep. 9742 HE". To Be Developed The alpha/beta version is powered by Regular Expression matching and some compromises have been made. Future iterations will match through Natural Language Processing.
- (2019-11-04) Petko Ditchev: A great extension to be used for a great calendar adjustment
- (2019-04-13) Samuel Ashcroft: Absolutely brilliant, lots of customisability, however it infrequently doesn't convert the year, e.g. it displays '2004-2007' as '2004-12007 HE' in wikipedia subheadings.
- (2018-05-30) Wiktor Owczarek: Amazing! I was searching for something like this for ages. This extension deserves for publicity than this. If you want to change the dates outside of Chrome (In Windows), you can use this tool I made: https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1Ohdpz1hLWFsG0hwmi7_1QomrhqM3R1uX
- (2020-08-19, v:1.0.4) Shaun Hinds: BCE issue
Hello! I am in love with the extension, but it appears that the HE extension doesn't account for instances of "BCE". Is this an issue on my end or something that is yet to be implemented in the extension? Thank you!
- (2018-05-30, v:1.0.3) Wiktor Owczarek: Tell users of Windows Holocene enabler about this extension
- (2017-07-06, v:1.0.1) Kermit Alexander Norlund-Matthiessen: BC Centuries bug
Hi, Love this extension! Makes my Wikipedia reading so much better. Dates are also so much easier to put in perspective this way! I think the "Xth century BC" might be off by one. For example, I recently noticed that the "2nd Century BC" is converted to "98th Century HE". I believe it should be the 99th. 20th Century AD -> 120th Century HE 1st Century AD -> 101st Century HE 1st Century BC -> 100th Century HE 2nd Century BC -> 99th Century HE Hope you agree and that you're able to fix this.