A Google Chrome Extension to automatically close Incognito windows after a period of inactivity.
In case you use Incognito windows at work (or home) and forget to close them, this extension will keep your co-workers from happening upon your private windows by automatically closing them for you after a period of inactivity. Choose any number of minutes from 1 to 5 hours and then rest assured that your window will quietly be closed for you if you forget. NOTE: You must enable the extension to work in Incognito mode in order for this to do the job it is intended to do.
- (2019-06-05) Mark Muntzel: Terrible. It closed all incognito tabs after 5 minutes, regardless of activity. I tried setting the time to other values, but it ignored that always used 5.
- (2018-02-17) Denis Sylvestre: Alors que je navigue activement sur une page web en mode navigation privée, la fenêtre se ferme sans prévenir après ce qui semble être le délai programmé dans les options de l'extension. Ou peut-être un peu plus longtemps. Bogue ou limitation? Je m'attends à ce que la fenêtre de navigation privée se ferme après le délai programmé seulement si je la laisse sans surveillance.
- (2016-04-14) kyle mundell: I like the extension and its simplicity, but have found that it closes the entire incognito session if any one tab is idle for the allotted time. It would really help if this was changed to a session (ideal) or individual tab option.
- (2017-10-10, v:1.0.1) Closes improperly
Hey - love the idea of this extension, and truth be told it works too well. It closes the window too early and even if there is activity. Needs some fixing.
- (2016-08-05, v:1.0.1) Binyomin Segal: Inactivity
I'm having the same issue as Bill Schroeder did. The window closes even if there is activity.
- (2015-12-14, v:1.0.1) Cliff Harlow: I works but 5 min only
It use to works but I reinstalled chrome and everything else and it kills the window after 5 min no matter what the time setting.
- (2014-10-04, v:1.0.1) Bill Schroeder: finding this in Play
It's almost impossible to find this extension in Google Play. THat's why no one is using it. You would have lots more users if they could find it. I don't know if it's key words. how it's described or what. But Even though I knew it was there, when I tried to find it on another account on a different computer, it was hard! This is a great extension. People are looking for this.
- (2014-09-27, v:1.0.1) Bill Schroeder: Inactivity
My install seems to close the window after the timeout period even if I am actively working in the window. It will even do it mid keystroke while I'm writing emails and stuff. What counts as activity? It seems like no matter what I do it closes after the timeout period. Thanks! Great security tool. I always forget to close those windows.