Extension used to close all other tabs than the active or pinned ones.
This extension allows to quickly close all the tabs opened in the browser, except (i) the active tab and (ii) any pinned tab. Just click on the close button! The extension is not very sophisticated, but I had not been able to find any extension which achieves the same result so easily.
- (2021-02-17) Geoff Wales: Just what I want. Looked for ages for this single feature.
- (2019-12-25) Ethan M: DO NOT USE THIS EXTENSION! This extension closes tabs in all remote windows, not just the current window.
- (2019-11-11) U308: Thanks :) Was getting irritated since the built in feature was removed.
- (2019-11-10) Reigo Mond: Add "currentWindow": true to query please. It is pointless if it closes other windows too. I edited mine, but it would be nice to have this feature. And everybody, you can change this yourself. Google asked 5 dollars to let me upload the version that doesn't closed windowses but it can suck my schlong. So anyways add an extension that let's you download the script(crx extentsion) Then download and unzip edit background.js with notepad add "currentWindow": true behind "pinned": false, close and save Make it a zip again Go to chrome:extentsions and enable developer mode Upload your zip Use it Enjoy!
- (2019-11-02) John Parker: It's great, thank you for writing it. Would it be possible to be added to the right-click context menu on the tab? Or is that not possible with how extensions work? Thanks very much regardless - I can't believe they removed this functionality! :)
- (2019-10-30) Parker Harrington: Thank you! Works as desired! Can't believe this basic functionality was removed from Chrome.
- (2019-10-26) Ano Nymous: Now that chromium did the stupid decision to remove the right click option, put it there.
- (2018-10-12) I am still looking for an extension that closes *all* tabs *except* pinned ones. FF has one but not Chrome. The search continues.
- (2018-09-07) Andrew Stanger: Unfortunately it doesn't quite work, it closes all tabs except one in all windows- so if I have chrome open in two windows, the other window will still have one tab open after I use this extension. The desired functionality is it to completely close all other windows, and close all tabs in my current window except the active one.
- (2014-02-01) Emily Rose: One feature would make it even cooler: Double click on tabs to close all others.
- (2012-11-23) Acer Chang: Could you add a function for just closing the tabs within the active window, without affecting (closing) the tabs in other windows?
- (2012-08-15) Neil Smith: very nice! Does what it says on the tin :-)
- (2018-06-17, v:0.1) Melvin Chau: Close tabs in active window only
Yes, there should be a setting to close the tabs within the active window only. Please add that!
- (2012-11-23, v:0.1) Acer Chang: Close tabs just in the active window
Could you add a function for just closing the tabs within the active window, without affecting (closing) the tabs in other windows?
4.4 (19 votes)
Last update / version
2012-08-14 / 0.1