Your favorite Japanese learning app at a click away.
WaniKani Companion is the fastest way to access to your favorite Japanese learning app. ## Features * Profile overview: see your profile summary at a glance (name,, level, lessons, reviews, upcoming reviews countdown, and SRS progression). * Badge notifications: be notified of your available lessons and reviews on the extension's icon. * Desktop notifications: be notified of your lessons and reviews directly on your desktop. * Chrome sync integration: the user settings are saved across all your Chrome's instances. * WaniKani website integration: display all of WaniKani directly from the extension tab (dashboard, lessons, reviews...). * User scripts improvements (extension + standalone HTTPS WaniKani website): the "item info" panel is auto-expanded on reviews et lessons quizzes. /!\ This app is integrating a frame of the official HTTPS WaniKani website (https://www.wanikani.com); Using another WaniKani extension at the same time may affect your experience. ## Notice All sources are available on GitHub: https://github.com/naei/wanikani-companion The artistic content (app icons, default avatar, loading screen, and SRS progression icons) and https://www.wanikani.com are the property of Tofugu LLC. Thanks to WaniKani staff and contributors for their amazing work!
- (2021-01-24) Raoul Dobal: Great for getting those quick reviews in when you have a couple of minutes time between work stuff. A resizing option would be great. The "window" is a bit small - hey, one is not getting younger ;-)
- (2021-01-21) Erue Chunan: Unfortunately it's not connecting to the website, I wish I could use it to review as an extension it would be awesome if it could be fixed
- (2021-01-05) Bruno Kitano: Doesn't work now
- (2020-09-02) Łukasz Kwasek: Stopped working after WK removed the V1 API. RIP
- (2019-03-17) Nice extension! Would be useful to be able to disable notifications for lessons. For example, I do 20 new items per day in the morning and don't need information about how many lessons are available through out the day.
- (2016-12-03) As others have said, the number of lessons/reviews don't update automatically. This isn't a big deal, but it does make the extension slightly less useful.
- (2016-11-16) Alberto Murillo: This extension is great, I really love the option to show notifications when lessons/reviews are available, It's perfect, yes sometimes it doesn't update the number of lessons/reviews and you have to restart the browser, but aside from that is perfect. I just have one suggestion for the developer, maybe add a slider or a way to control the volume of the notifications? Is too loud for my taste.
- (2016-04-18) Buddy Jonte: Looks great, but it doesn't update unless I click on the icon - even with the update interval set to 5 minutes.
- (2016-01-23) Iman Encarnacion: For some reason it does not show notifications, nor does it update the number automatically. I even set the data refresh time to 5 minutes. Will probably be 5 stars if this is fixed.
- (2016-01-02) James Lester: ***This comment has been edited after a few days use*** The extension is awesome, easily the most useful extension i have ever seen and is a must for any wanikani user. Get it. Only problem I have come across so far relates to the number not refreshing after putting windows into standby mode, this can be fixed by closing and reopening the browser.
- (2015-11-19) I always have Chrome running on my computer, so that's perfect for being reminded of reviews.
- (2015-10-28) C J: Yes thank you very much for making this!! Now I can obsessively check my reviews without keeping the tab open all of the time. I agree with the other review; I wish you could resize the window. It's too small to do reviews in, so I have it open a new tab instead.
- (2015-02-21) Awesome extension! Just wish you could resize the window.