Navigate 'up' a level from the current URL
Adds a button which allows you to navigate 'up' from the current URL. For example from http://example.com/fred/barney you can go to http://example.com/fred/ and http://example.com/ This is handy in many situations where you want to get to the root document of a website, or the top of the current section.
- (2018-10-07) Tony Coleby: Does as it should and replaces the lost functionality of Chrome (or was it Firefox, it was that long ago) that I missed. I would echo others' sentiments that a single click option would be extremely useful but hey, this is almost perfect and works in 2018 as Navig Up doesn't.
- (2017-01-16) Ipeleng Molete: Very helpful and easy to use. Makes using the browser almost like use Windows Explorer because it is a handy feature
- (2016-03-20) Elizabeth Lomax-Laidlaw: Navig-up not now available. As Bronius says this needs to be one click, obv.
- (2016-02-17) ミキホ: 特定のwebページから、それより上の階層のページを開くことができる機能です。
- (2015-02-04) Matt Skrabal: As some others have said, I find it annoying that I can't just click the button to go up one level and then maybe right click to get the list. Mildly annoying that it is on the opposite side of the bar but meh.
- (2014-10-02) Bronius Motekaitis: Does as it says it will do, but I was disappointed that the default Click did not merely go Up one folder level :( That's what I'm looking for. Let the drop down be secondary, like hover or hold-click.
- (2014-04-29) Life Form: PLEASE, show the pop up on mouse hover. It's kinda inconvenient to press it.
- (2013-07-10) Wolf Hesse: tx ;)
- (2013-06-17) Why you provide an option for the user be able use the single click without pop any realted URLs? For me is quite anooying to have links appearing each time i click in the button. But beside that i just want to say you a BIG thank you for your work.
- (2012-04-15) Jack Chow: 很有用的擴展，很喜歡！
- (2011-11-14) Dmitry M: That's what I missed from Firefox Google Toolbar. Very nice extension. Works good for me.
- (2020-01-21, v:1.5) Rodney: Ampersand and Question Mark
It would be great if ampersands and question marks could be seen a delimiters. For example, with https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvxLbgtMKrc&feature=youtu.be&t=94 one level could take off the "t=94" and the next the "feature=youtu.be". In links I use for work like document.htm?Highlight=config It would be nice to remove everything after the question mark to take off the highlighting portion of the URL.
- (2018-11-25, v:1.5) Jim Fraley: Please add options to change the icon color.
Now that more apps, sites, and operating systems are offering dark mode (dark theme), a black icon like the one used by this extension can be impossible to see against a dark background. Please add the ability for the user to select the icon color.
- (2018-09-14, v:1.5) Chinhao Chiu: about this application
how do application work?
- (2017-10-24, v:1.5) Dmitriy Korobskiy: Make the first up to strip a query string (?queryString)
I'm often bookmarking articles from dzone.com and have to manually strip query string very time. It'd be really nice if Up can help me with that.
- (2015-07-19, v:1.5) Performance is terrible
Found this extension after falling in love with Uppity on Firefox, which doesn't have a Chrome counterpart. Uppity is instantaneous when clicked - this takes 3-6 seconds to parse and split the URL. Really, really needs to be faster - pointless if I can do it better by hand.
- (2014-07-28, v:1.5) Denis Howe: Links wrap unnecessarily
The links displayed by Up often wrap onto multiple lines per link, making them hard to read. This happens when the URL contains characters like "-" and "?". Adding "white-space: nowrap" to the style of the <a> elements should solve this.