Annotates web pages of digital libraries with direct links to online research publications.
Publication Finder is a Chrome extension that annotates digital library web pages with direct links to research publications. It is a great tool for finding research articles online while browsing digital libraries. If a publication in a digital library can be found using Google Scholar, the web page of the publication is annotated with the following information: * a direct download link to the PDF if the publication can be downloaded from another source; * a drop-down with a selection of Google Scholar search results matching exactly the publication title; * a link to Google Scholar search results. WARNING: The extension can stop working at any time, depending on the changes in the page structure of the digital library web pages or in Google Scholar. Currently, the following digital libraries are supported: * ACM Digital Library: http://dl.acm.org/ * IEEE Xplore Digital Library: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/ * SpringerLink Digital Library: http://www.springerlink.com/ More digital libraries can be easily added. Credits: Icon is part of "Crystal Clear" icon set, created by Everaldo Coelho, http://www.everaldo.com/.
- (2015-02-28) its not working... :(
- (2013-03-30) Carl Pohl: University students, please add this extension! Great!
- (2011-12-22) thanu mad: Great and useful. Everything's awesome, right from the required security settings to the UI. Does anyone know if there's similar extensions for some of the PDF readers? Like, it'll be really useful to hover my mouse over a citation, and have the citation's abstract pop-out.
- (2011-12-15) Liviu Iacob: Great extension. I wish I had it 2-3 years ago when I really needed something like this.
- (2011-11-28) Victor Costan: The extension is very useful, and works as promised. The UI is nice and not intrusive.
4.5 (12 votes)
Last update / version
2012-07-21 / 1.3