A Chrome Extension that allows you to preview videos when you hover on their thumbnails on YouTube.
You can preview videos by hovering on their thumbnails. You can choose the settings that work best for you from the options page. Note: The extension does not collect any user data (browsing or otherwise) from youtube.com. Please be sure to leave a review or any feedback you have :)
- (2020-07-13) The Beast: cant mute the preview when hovering even after i mute it from the option
- (2019-10-27) sd daneshi: good and helpful.
- (2019-04-30) Lee Schwartz: I use the latest version of chrome with windows 7. When I go to the settings page, the test video works fine. However, I cannot get you tube videos to give a preview when I hover the cursor over a thumbnail. I tried turning off my ad blocker and popup blocker to no avail. Please let me know what to do. Update 4-29-19: Fixed! Rated a 5. Sorry I took so long to respond.
- (2018-09-01) Sergey Andreev: Works good for me.
- (2017-05-17) danusty i: freaking awesome!
- (2017-04-17) Ryo Riot: It's a really cool idea, but it doesn't work on the search page, only on related videos, which makes it pointless for me. But thank you for making the extension and making it available to everyone!
- (2017-03-06) Gaurav Dutta: Great extension. I cant live without it now.
- (2017-01-25) Thomas Park: Nice way to avoid clickbait videos!
- (2017-01-06) Vishrut Reddi: Great Extension! Could see myself using it everyday.
- (2017-01-05) Agastya Arya: Excellent!
- (2018-01-25, v:0.1.10) Jaroslaw Istok: date
Please show also how old this video is as yellow infotext as usually over pictures
- (2017-07-22, v:0.1.10) Chanthoeun Dy: YouTube override
I think YouTube has their own thumbnail preview built in and this extension no longer works. I prefer this extension over the stock one.
- (2017-04-12, v:0.1.7) Lee Schwartz: Does not work at all
I use the latest version of chrome with windows 7. When I go to the settings page, the test video works fine. However, I cannot get you tube videos to give a preview when I hover the cursor over a thumbnail. I tried turning off my ad blocker and popup blocker to no avail. Please let me know what to do.