This extension makes the initial background of a webpage black.
This extension makes the initial background of a webpage black. Some darker themed websites will often flash white while navigating between pages, which can be harsh on the eyes. If there is interest in supporting this extension, I will try to develop it based on feedback from users. As an initial proof of concept, there are no settings. The extension will make a web page's background black upon loading, then revert this change if it detects something else trying to change the background color as well. This will sometimes make it appear that the extension isn't working.
- (2017-04-04) Shawn Graven: Did not work Win 10. Intel Normal Chrome.
- (2017-02-05) a fantastic idea, but one that just doesn't seem to work.
- (2016-05-06) Ox Fukus: No cumple su función
- (2016-03-09) txshon Tseng: about:blank is still white . the initial is not all black
- (2016-01-20) tuone sempervirens: Very cool thanks, just have the first version of this and it does reduce the white time, maximum points for starting work on that idea.
- (2016-01-20, v:1.0) tuone sempervirens: Hi there
I tried this on canary, a previous version and chrome current on win7, it's awesome, i still get a flash of white but i think it is reduced. I will mark 5 stars as a first review as i love the initiative and it's a very very cool plugin that many people want. perhaps there is a way of checking for pure white in various codes that are run by chrome to totally eliminate the loading pure white flash, thanks alot for the plugin, i hope it gets adopted by many people, ill definitely send you some paypal if you can very substantially reduce the white flash, thanks