Browse the web with peace of mind.
Soothe is an extension made to help people browse the web without seeing malicious content. MISSION Our main goal is to prevent online harassment and help users avoid seeing triggers while they browse the web. We strongly believe that no one online should have to worry about this. FEATURES - LIVE UPDATING: Avoid seeing hateful messages in real time (Facebook, Twitter etc.) - SENTIMENT ANALYSIS: We will not filter out content until we determine the context, meaning you won't miss out on anything - ADD TERMS: If we happened to miss a word/phrase you can tag it and help us become a better for the community! - PERSONALIZED: Only check off the content that makes you uncomfortable and we will help you avoid it.
- (2020-03-16) Molly Whelan: I so appreciate this extension. My one request is that they add something for child abuse/infant death etc. Those are absolutely devastating to me mentally but crop up more often than you would expect. I will upgrade to 5 stars, even pay for the extension, if they make this happen. Thank you.
- (2018-04-19) atimnie: The only problem with this app is it doesn't have a button for Stupid.
- (2018-01-04) Karen Pelton: I downloaded this after I heard the interview on CBC radio. Easy to install. I know it needs some work, but it's a great concept and seems to work well. Ironically, it blurred out the link to the interview on the CBC website, though! I think it shouldn't look for the words "homophobic" and "racist", but instead the types of words that would come up in posts that ARE homophobic or racist. If you don't already,, have a linguist or editor look at your word lists. Keep up the good work.
- (2017-10-18) Rohan: You could say I'm a bit... trigger-happy these days. HAHA. So Soothe really helps, allowing me to blur out any left-wing SJW snowflake content that you find on these Soros-run social media sites. And don't even get me started on these Liberal MSM sites!! With Soothe, these sites are now just a complete blur. You'd think the whole webpage was filled with what Daddy Trump likes to grab. Tremendous app! Bush. Did. 7-11.
- (2017-09-23) Alok Deshpande: It was a little hard for me to find places where content is blurred out during regular browsing (though, that could just be the sentiment analysis kicking in). When I search up explicitly violent content, though, it does become apparent really quickly that the app is working well. Also, it's simple and as easy to use as it could ever be. Would highly recommend!
- (2017-09-08) Diwakar Shrestha: loved it.
- (2017-08-15) john wilson: now there's some kinks that need to be worked out but overall it does work well by blurring what the offensive language can be. what somewhat irks me is how it determines phobic language. for example, this phrase: "Addiction to substances has been around ever since someone fermented grapes a million years ago. The opioid epidemic is the latest addiction tragedy, brought on by greed and disinformation." this is from the latest article written by seth godin. my soothe filters are for homophobic/violent/sexually violent language. i do not see how that quoted falls under those headings. overall though, it works great.
- (2017-08-11) Jeff Jean Baptiste: Just the extension i only need to browse safely on the web, Good Works developer
- (2017-07-28) Winston Ky: Such a good extension help me to filter all the bad ads.
- (2017-07-27) Harsh Yallewar: good extension works very well
- (2017-07-24) Sharifah Qis: Good Extension! It works very well for every website I browse. Now I can browse safely without any weird ads.
- (2017-07-22) Third View: Browse Safely, this is the need for all.
- (2017-07-21) Jessica Chia: good
- (2017-07-19) Mon Mohon Singha: nice extension ...
- (2017-07-19) Trinh Quang: amazing tool. appreciate you a lot Niko Draca.
- (2017-07-18) Hog Rider: good extension.Amazing filter that works really well for every website.
- (2017-07-18) Aqmal Alias: good extension!
- (2017-07-17) Piano Cover: My favorite applications and will will share it for my your icons
- (2017-07-17) dani lo: good extension
- (2017-07-17) DOTA Watafak: good extension
- (2017-07-16) Ny Zen: good :)))
- (2017-07-15) dark seeker: Nice extension and easy filter
- (2017-07-15) NOOR IZWAN SHAH: An extension that works!
- (2017-07-14) Marco: nice !
- (2017-07-14) lim ngik tin: Amazing filter that works really well for every website
- (2017-07-14) Ai Lyn Chuah: Finally, a filter that I need!
- (2017-04-12) Jasminka Draca: Really easy to use and works well across the entire web, great job!