A pomodoro technique timer!
Tomato timer is cool mode to use the pomodoro technique. For learn more about the Pomodoro Technique: http://pomodorotechnique.com/ *Version 2.1.2: choose a sound!* * Start, pause and stop timer * configurable intervals * block domains to improve your focus * cool sounds and icons
- (2021-02-02) Tanya Whipple: The concept is great and I like the timer part of it. But it won't stop binging when I am working. Everything it does it says 'are you kidding me'.... no, I literally am working on a task. It says it blocks facebook and twitter (but I can't remove those from the list) but dings constantly on every other site I access. Super distracting.
- (2020-10-29) Alexis Giménez: La extensión es un detrimento, no funciona para nada!
- (2020-10-15) Hien Nguyen: I have been using this app for a year already, and I really love the simplicity of it. However, recently I just downloaded it again after rebooting my laptop. While I was using it wearing my ear buds, there was a super loud voice yelling into my ear, and then this app's notification show up. I had a major headache after this, and have to remove this app immediately. This is crazy how some man just yelling into my ear in max volume while I am wearing ear buds. Unacceptable!!!
- (2020-09-12) Ian Crossan: the weird noise that plays every time i click something on a website (like when I click on a udemy course) was so irritating I had to uninstall. very distracting, would otherwise be perfect because i like the no-nonsense simplicity of it.
- (2020-08-12) Cherrilynn Lele Zhang: Very annoying notification bug
- (2020-03-27) Wouter Depamelaere: This pomodoro blocker has the following benefits over similar extensions: - no possibility to pause a timer -> forces you to follow the pomodoro schedule - no need to manually start a timer -> same benefit - sound notifications: when studying with laptop open, this reminds you to take a break - When a pomodoro starts, the to-be-blocked site won't load, and as soon as you click on something, it will be blocked. Would be nice though if one could customize the blocking page, with a personal quote or something.
- (2020-03-26) Paco Tabares: Genial app, te permite administar tu tiempo sin dejar de descansar entre tareas, asi eres más productivo
- (2019-11-07) Silvia Fahmy: Loved it for some time but when I started using headphones the sound alertäs volume wwas too high I swear I jumped in my chair a couple of times!! Almost gave me a heart attack! Plus, it was nudging incorrectly! A very loud beep when I opened a tab that was a dictionary and none of the social media websites it's supposed to beep at! Had to remove!!
- (2019-09-07) islamicacademyonline: concept of this app is great but the functionality is underdeveloped. It is not having any option to add or unlock websites. It keeps on giving annoying sound with notification.
- (2019-07-10) Sarah Smith: I liked this timer; it's customizable and easy to use. However, I don't like the "banana peel" sound effect that plays when there is one minute remaining; it's very distracting.
- (2019-05-05) George Morgan Dorgan: Had to remove it. Problems: 1) Missing quick view how many minutes left (like extension Strict Workflow can do) 2) Randomly decides which website is forbidden. Annoying when you are working.
- (2019-03-28) Kai Pretto: I love pomodoro timers, generally, but this one has a lot of bugs. It makes sense that if you tried to access a website that was "forbidden" you might get an alarm noise, and I would be fine with that. The extension, however, randomly decides what websites it thinks might be inappropriate and interrupts my music with an ear-splitting sound (three, loud alarm noises) that makes me take my earbuds out of my ears when I'm trying to access such "time-wasting" sites as.....my school email and my university research databases. It also gets angry sometimes if I try to do a google search. I am going to uninstall this and find an extension that doesn't bring me to the edge of a panic attack.
- (2019-02-25) Зыбин Александр: Приложение на самом деле неплохое. Чтобы хотелось посоветовать: 1. Сделать видимым отсчет времени в обоих режимах: работы и отдыха. Можно сделать прямой или обратный отсчет. Это бы еще больше стимулировало к труду. 2. При закрытии браузера должно появляться предупреждение, стоит ли завершить приложение. Тогда даже случайное закрытие не остановит счетчик. 3. Сам значок помидора нужно сделать крупнее, чтобы не присматриваться постоянно, какого он цвета. Спасибо. The application is actually good. I want to advise: 1. Make visible the countdown. You can make a direct or countdown. It would be even more stimulated to work. 2. When the browser is closing, should be warned whether to terminate the application? Then even accidental closing will not stop the counter. 3. The tomato icon needs to be made larger so as not to look closely all the time, what color is it. Thanks.
- (2019-02-18) Ксения Митина: Куча ложных сообщения (A U kidding me?), очень мешает работать.
- (2019-01-18) Kevin Sheppard: I liked the simplicity of it all - it's quite effective - but there needs to be a way to mute *all* sounds and an option to turn off notifications for blocked requests.
- (2019-01-15) Лев Гаврилов: Очень много ложных срабатываний (тех, что are you kidding me), совсем не понятно почему (сайтов нету в списке запрещенных). Так, например, при выборе любого элемента на сайте gliffy (рисовалка диаграмм) и на саппорте майтаргета - вообще не понятно почему.
- (2019-01-03) Magdalena Martinez: Love it! I've used it on and off for quite a few years now. It has helped me write my MA thesis and organize my time. I like the humour too in the app. When the tomato gets angry at you, it really forces you to go back to work while laughing!
- (2018-09-25) Martin Eden: Good timer but no possibility to mute annoying timer sounds. So I'm deleting it
- (2018-08-24) Fagner Correa da Silva: É o melhor! Agora é só colocar um relatório (simples) de produtividade! ;)
- (2018-05-16) Bruno Delgado: The main idea of pomodoro is about concentration. And I think this extension doesn't help with this, for two reasons: 1. It emits alarms and you cannot change it; 2. It blocks some kind of request, but emit a popup informing that something was blocked and catch our attention.
- (2018-03-11) Shubhrokusum Barua: How to activate long break?
- (2017-10-12) A S: There is no option to mute the sound.
- (2017-06-03) Stacy Clough: it wont stop keeping me out of stuff i dint ask for it to keep me out and i don't know how to delete it ughghgh
- (2017-05-04) It works great, but it keeps coming up with blocking notifications when I'm working on the web. It's very annoying.
- (2017-01-14) Мирбек Имаров: +
- (2016-10-04) Tiffany Hatt: I installed it and immediately had to uninstall because when it was for less than a minute I had very frequent and annoying notifications telling me it was blocking a website when I wasn't even touching my computer, much less trying to go to any website. It also wouldn't let me go to any website regardless of whether it was on the block list or not.
- (2016-05-26) Aleksey Kirichenko: The interface is OK, but the bike horn noise is irritating!! I'd like to have another default sound, or better yet a choice of sounds it could make or set my own.
- (2016-04-19) Дмитрий Гордиенко: 5+ very good
- (2015-07-31) Herófilo Cardoso: muito bom, gostei, cumpre com o que preciso. Uma observação para o desenvolvedor: no mozilla não encontrei uma extensão desse tipo tão boa. Poderia disponibilizar para aquele navegador também.
- (2015-05-29) Nur Ashikin: Exactly what I need.
- (2015-04-29) Cole: Good but the bike horn noise is irritating! I'd like to have option to disable it, or better yet a choice of sounds it could make or set my own.
- (2015-04-18) Ben Wilson: I don't know why but it blocks any and every website when it's active and I even went to its settings and took all the website blocks away. I can't get onto Google to do any research. The Pomodoro technique sounds good though and the idea of this extension is great but it's just it isn't working.
- (2015-04-10) Emanuella Cavalcante: Parabéns Brunão! :)
- (2020-11-24, v:2.1.2) DanteMasaru: Blocking
The timer blocks ALL notifications and the option to [Don't Block] doesn't seem to work,
- (2020-06-07, v:2.1.2) Justin Robertson: Access
Why can it "read and change all of the data on all of the websites" I visit??
- (2018-10-15, v:2.1.2) Time Countdown Visible
It would be nice to see the time on the icon as it counts down.
- (2018-01-02, v:2.1.2) Brett Holton: Start timer doesnt work
Clicking on start timer no longer works
- (2017-10-09, v:2.1.2) Kayla Pascoe: Blocking
The timer blocks all websites when on. Even allowed websites
- (2017-09-19, v:2.1.2) Kate DuHadway: Start Timer button won't work
The Start Timer button won't work, doesn't do anything when I click on it