Tints webpages so it doesn't hurt your eyes
Tints webpages so websites with white backgrounds don't hurt your eyes when you're computing in the dark. Monitors can set brightness, but only globally and not for webpages only, which are more likely to be brighter than terminal windows. Tweet @jshou if you have suggestions/bug reports. Version 1.1 * Updated for Chrome manifest v2 * Security updates Version 0.4.2 * Keyboard shortcuts! Try refreshing the tab if it doesn't work immediately. * Ctrl+shift+9 darkens, Ctrl+shift+8 lightens * The old shortcuts in 0.4.0 and 0.4.1 were causing problems in certain versions of Chrome. Please install the updated version if you have 0.4 or 0.4.1 installed. New in version 0.3: * Darkness settings persist across browser restarts
- (2020-12-30) kirill zelianodjevo: why its not working?
- (2019-01-13) Come On Fhqwhgads: Been using this for years, but as of January 2019 it doesn't seem to be working, even after a reinstall.
- (2018-02-13) Arvand Fazeli: Everything about this plugin is great, except when you open a PDF in Chrome; This plugin causes the scrolling function on your mouse stop and you can't scroll when you open PDF's in chrome.
- (2017-11-22) Hell Tamás: Doesn't work for me.
- (2017-11-16) Yannick Thibos: Does what it has to do for simple browsing usage, but as a developer I noticed some side effects. When opening a link to an XML-file inside a page, the page will open in a new tab but will be completely black. Can this be fixed?
- (2017-10-27) Sean Bruegman: Open a new tab, screen initiates in regular untinted display. Feels like a flashlight flickering in my face
- (2017-10-18) SirSethery: Works well with one issue that needs to be fixed. When using it on my Macbook Air, scrolling through online PDFs does not work. I can move with my arrow keys and drag the side bar, but two-finger scrolling is unresponsive. Opening PDFs from my HDD in Chrome actually works fine, but opening a PDF from a web page doesn't allow scrolling. Disabling this extension makes it work again. I'm not sure what exactly is going on.
- (2017-08-05) Epic Saiyan Fist: only the extension box changes brightness, the whole page remains the same
- (2017-06-22) G0rd0n Fr33m4n: This is a great simple program. My wife works nights and with this I am able to turn down the brightness of chrome while I am surfing the internet so the room isn't so lit up while she sleeps. The only downside is that while loading web pages the screen is still really white and bright but this is a minor issue.
- (2017-01-11) Way2ad advertising medi: not working at all. No any change after installation.
- (2016-12-10) Дмитрий Дронов: really best
- (2016-07-13) Nhậy Nhấp Nháy: ok
- (2015-12-03) Nguyễn Hoàng Sơn: Good job!
- (2015-11-14) Suman Das: it loving but want a direct button for on off if you add this button that's awesome
- (2015-09-27) Rebeca Maymone: It's a must-have! Perfect for dual (or more) sreens setups.
- (2015-08-15) ValdenWoodStudios: Saves my eyes from burning with all this white space on websites! :)
- (2015-07-22) Andrew Garcia: This is old, unupdated, and has no customizability. It is slow, and only darkens the page when the page finishes loading. Just get screen shader, dont waste your time trying other extensions.
- (2015-07-17) Alex TS: I think it the best
- (2015-06-30) Francesco Casula: It doesn't work with AJAX websites (i.e. phpMyAdmin 4.4.10).
- (2015-03-16) streamofawareness: It does what it says. My vision is very sensitive and blinding white websites get painful after awhile. This is really helpful when I don't want to turn a site stark black with Change Colors. :)
- (2015-01-26) Its very usefull, i like it. thank you so much ...
- (2015-01-24) Maxim M: Much better than nothing :) 1) not work for local files (file:///home/user/Documents/example.html) 2) not work fully for sites like http://habrahabr.ru/ (left panel), for instant search on google 3) Not instant application in loading of websites (jumps of brightness)
- (2014-10-06) Alan Martinez: nice & beautiful extension, just perfect.
- (2014-09-11) Joseph Felix: Works great! Thank you for providing accessibility to those who need it. However i cant darken it too much otherwise the browser bar becomes too bright in comparison and its a bit flustering.
- (2014-06-23) Works well thank you my eyes get so sore this will save me from going blind.
- (2014-06-13) Kumar Gaurav: Awesome..!!!