Harken back to the glory days of no weird hover states, autoplaying videos, and annoying Who's Watching prompts.
*** For an even better Netflix experience, check out our macOS app at www.ClickerForNetflix.com *** Hate going to Netflix to be surprised and confused by all of the autoplaying videos and strange hover effects? Feel like you're out of control? Take back that control with Netflix Classic! Netflix Classic gets rid of all autoplaying videos on Netflix, forces the browser to take you to dedicated title pages for each video you click on, and, as a bonus, gets rid of the annoying Who's Watching prompt every time you visit the website. Enjoy! Donate to support future development: www.dbklabs.com/donate
- (2020-02-07) Aditya Dev Ganapathy: This feature has now been added by Netflix officially. https://help.netflix.com/en/node/2102 Thanks for making this addon. It was one of the most useful things and I appreciate that we get to finally remove the extension :)
- (2020-01-30) Bertrand Pinet: This is so good, thanks to you I won't cancel my Netflix membership ;)
- (2020-01-08) Brandon Allen: Sweet Jesus this is a God send. The most annoying feature that Netflix doesn't care that people hate by far. You are a true contributor to the betterment of humanity.
- (2019-12-22) Existential Navigator: Does the trick; auto preview video on mouse hover is gone. However, the thumbnail still vanishes, so if your mouse is hovering over a title, you're suddenly left with a blank space on the page, which is a bit weird. Yes, I know, you can click through to get more information, etc.
- (2019-12-09) Andrew Jefferies: Thank you. Absurd Netflix doesn't provide the option to turn off autoplay but this app fixes that.
- (2019-12-09) Works as advertised, and then some. Blocks everything, including movies.
- (2019-12-03) Mia Bentsen Blomberg: YES! Finally!! Netflix should pay you for this, since I would have cancelled my subscription otherwise. Autoplay content is THE most annoying feature added to any streaming service.
- (2019-10-29) Sam Mohyee: The sweet sound of silence after a show finishes and you go back to the main menu... I didn't realize how much I missed it until this extension. Thank you, you noble person, for doing what Netflix was unwilling to do.
- (2019-10-14) Ufomatix Lada: its working like a hell! Netflix is quiet like never
- (2019-10-09) Eric Low: THANK YOU. Instant game changer. I hated even going to the Netflix site at all since they started the auto-preview bit. Thank you for undoing what Netflix should have never done... or at least giving us the option to choose!!
- (2019-09-25) Max D: Thank you. Essential. It's not that Auto-Preview is necessarily bad for the masses, I imagine some people find it useful, but it's that nobody at Netflix thought to give us a way to control it, so those of us who find it massively irritating could turn it off. So a big thank you, this extension makes netflix usable again.
- (2019-09-17) Alexsha James: Everything was great until the recent update. Now the extension doesn't work unless I give it permission to read my browsing history. Sorry, you don't need that.
- (2019-09-07) Marianna Pouchert: Gets rid of the worst part of Netflix. Thank you!
- (2019-09-05) Aye Mossum: Best thing freaking ever. Rage is finally subsiding.
- (2019-08-14) Rhi V.: Thanks for making this.
- (2019-07-23) THEYTHEMBY: I downloaded this after I started getting the stutter in Netflix on chrome. Removed the lag for trailers loading, even the lag that remained after getting Netflix Tweaked. 5 Stars from me just on that alone.(will update as the app gets better.)
- (2019-07-09) Emmanuel Ogbizi-Ugbe: Not all heroes wear capes.
- (2019-07-05) Michael Drudy: THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1) The movie doesn't go right to play if you click on the picture. It brings you to the information page just like Netflix used to do. If you have a problem like that, then it's on your end, not the extension, so don't ding the developer of this CHROME EXTENSION with a lower rating. 2) The person who created this CHROME EXTENSION does not own Netflix!! They can't program it to do everything everyone wants...blame Netflix. 3) This CHROME EXTENSION does exactly what it said it would.do. 4) It's a Chrome Extension... not a full blown web application.
- (2019-07-01) Kelly D: This is perfect. I love it! It stops the stupid, auto-playing previews.
- (2019-06-27) L Wills: My sanity is once more intact. Thanks a millIon !
- (2019-06-02) Daniel Cisalpino: As so many already said: THANK YOU!
- (2019-05-17) Ryan Cheung: Holy Hanna thank you!
- (2019-05-04) Mark Baylor: Works as stated.
- (2019-04-24) Andrew Wood: App works as advertised - and vastly improves the Netflix experience.
- (2019-04-17) Ali Öndoğan: It works.
- (2019-04-05) Tel Adl: To whomever you are, thank you. A million thank yous. Extension works and I can finally enjoy Netflix on my computer in peace. Now, if only you could figure out a way to port this to Xbox and a Smart TV, the world would be complete. :) As a few others have noted, you won't be able to hover a title to get the description and info box, but if you click on it, the info will load at the top of the page. For me, this is an acceptable trade off. For others, maybe not.
- (2019-03-07) This extension is incredible. It's light-weight, functional, and operates completely in the background; it's a set-it-and-forget-it kind of deal. It claimed to offer us the "classic" Netflix experience, and that's exactly what it does. So yes, if you use this extension, you will have to click on shows to get any info about them. And yes, often times the cover image for a show/movie will change... just like they used to in the old days. Fun fact: as a now-loyal Opera user, this extension is the sole reason that I even re-installed Chrome on this machine, and the reason that I didn't rage-quit on Netflix last night.
- (2019-02-24) Kelly Young: Thank you so much. Thank you so much.
- (2019-02-21) Roux Viljoen: You sir are a gentleman and a scholar!
- (2019-02-02) Melody F: Love it.
- (2019-01-28) Joshua Lowe: Thank you, thank you, thank you. I was about to cancel my subscription because of those stupid previews.
- (2019-01-11) Robert Kenyon: You are the hero that Netflix subscribers deserve and also the one we need.
- (2020-03-19, v:0.0.6) misha jamneshan: problem
i downloaded the netflic classic but when i go onto netflix it says there was an error is playing it and that i had to download the most recent version
- (2019-10-30, v:0.0.6) 2021OHNO: starting the extension
how do I start the extension or does it automatically deploy itself when I open the Netflix website
- (2019-09-17, v:0.0.4) Jr. Souza: Autoplay
Após a última atualização o áudio está entrando em autoplay. Apenas o vídeo que não.
- (2019-03-29, v:0.0.1) Mendel Leisk: Will Netflix Classic be available on an Apple TV gen 3?
If not now maybe in future? As soon as possible, lol. We've watched Netflix for years on our Apple TV gen 2, which has the simple interface. We were gifted an Apple TV gen 3 and when we downloaded the Netflix App, we're frustrated by the interface, the auto-preview, the shifting categories, it's like navigating in quicksand.
- (2019-02-10, v:0.0.1) Josh Vaughn: I want to give you $5
This is great. You are a hero
- (2019-02-05, v:0.0.1) Gets rid of the hover states, but…
It should finish the job by making a click on the thumbnail go to the title page instead of the watch page, as the user no longer has access to the info that they would've seen in the hover state.
- (2018-12-30, v:0.0.1) You are a hero!
I don't use Chrome much but If I could have this across all of my devices, I would buy it.
- (2018-12-21, v:0.0.1) Richard Scallin: Netflix Classic on Android
Any chance of Netflix Classic being made into an app for Android?
- (2018-12-20, v:0.0.1) aye man is this real
- (2018-12-20, v:0.0.1) Richard Scallin: netflix classic extension
I installed Netflix Classic extension from the chrome web store. when I click on the extension it just brings me back to the web store extension page, but does not open Netflix Classic. My Chrome book is HP Chromebook 14 G4