Switch between tabs using thumbnail screenshots of the pages.
Switch easily between opened tabs using thumbnails made from screen captures of the pages. The extension gives as much scree space as possible to the thumbnails. If you only have one page opened, only one thumbnail will fill the entire screen. If you have 10 tabs opened, the screen will be divided in 10. Usage: Click the extension icon on the top right to see the thumbnails. Then click the thumbnail to navigate to its corresponding tab. Alternatively, you can use the hotkey Ctrl+M (while holding Ctrl press M) to open the thumbnails. If the hotkey doesn't work, go to chrome://extensions/ and scroll to the bottom right and click on keyboard shortcuts to set the shortcut manually. Notes: After installation, the extension will only work in newly opened tabs (won't work on pages that were opened before you installed the extension). Chrome only allows to get screenshots from active tabs (tabs you have seen). If you open a tab with Ctrl+Click, the middle button of the mouse or selecting "open in a new tab", there won't be a screenshot, but a thumbnail with the url (once you navigate to the tab or "see it" for the first time, the screenshot will be created). The thumbnails are made in a high resolution and medium compression setting to maximize performance. In most cases (many tabs opened), the artifacts of compression won't be seen and less resources will be used generating the screenshots. Known issues: Chrome doesn't allow extensions to work in some pages (the webstore, the new tab page, etc). In those pages, you won't be able to see use the extension to view the thumbnails. Other works http://imagentleman.github.io
- (2019-09-01) Rafael Feld: Thank you, a tab expose like extension, something chrome was lacking for a long time! The design is very nice. It just needs some refinement, doesn't work reliable yet, especially with more than 2 tabs. Looking forward to the next version!
- (2019-06-25) Jonson: very nice! well done，bro. i think it would be better if the hotkey coule be customized~~
- (2019-05-13) Narayanan Subbiah: Sequence of thumbnails are NOT in Sync with the actual sequence of Tabs. [Use case : If a new tab is created in between many tabs, resulting thumbnails are NOT in order, which is very confusing.] Also provide options to customise number of icons in a row.
- (2019-03-03) Andy Bulka: Worked for a while, but doesn't seem to work in 2019.
- (2019-01-18) Sky: 很棒的扩展，能有缩略图，比那些光有图标光有名字的要好。 建议： 1.如果在缩略图上面再加上图标和名字就更好了。 2.不同窗口的标签页可以自动分为不同组，这样更清晰。
- (2018-12-01) KeKa., 23: graaaaciasssss, muchas gracias. Perfecto para Comodo Dragon Browser
- (2018-10-10) Floyd: Great extension, great concept. Worked once, but only showed repeats of the same tab, on second try it was all blank on third, nothing at all.
- (2018-10-04) Siming Huang: It is useful. But it has a problem. Frequently, thumbnail screenshots of the pages are covered with thumbnail of all tabs that created by the extension. So when I open too many tabs and use this extension to switch tabs, I can't identify the tabs by thumbnail screenshots. Because thumbnail screenshots are covered by thumbnail screenshots. It is like recursion.
- (2018-08-14) Little Happiness: I like the plugin. I think the background of the preview tab should be designed as frosted glass, and the "close function" can be displayed on the window of each tab, as well as the position Where the tab can be dragged at will. Finally, I hope that there will be a web page icon and name display on the window of each tab.
- (2013-11-17) Anton Vakula: не работает( пожалуйста исправьте, будет полезным.
- (2013-09-20) Alessandro P: unluckily with a retina macbook pro works really bad the thumbail are gigant and distorted! making the ext useless