A Google Chrome extension to force new tabs (but not those opened via links) to open next to their opener, not at the very end.
A Google Chrome extension to force new tabs (but not those opened from links) to open to the right of the current tab. ------------------------ Inspired by "Tab to the Next" https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tab-to-the-next/mpahcojfojbnloiafagggcdimaklphij/ Icons by New Mooon http://code.google.com/u/newmooon/ ------------------------ Please note that this was made for personal use, so replies and fixes may be delayed. ------------------------ Changelog: 1.0: Initial Release. 2.0: Rewrote from scratch, should now be more reliable. Also added support for duplicating tabs.
- (2019-12-19) Jason Merrill: I've appreciated this extension, but it stopped working recently.
- (2018-10-12) Tony Russell: I liked that it was lighter on memory than "Tab to the Next" (the extension it is inspired by), but it doesn't make tabs opened from bookmarks open to the right like Tab to the Next did. Would be nice to have that option. I like the consistency of all my new tabs always opening to the right of the current one. If anyone else is in the same situation as me, there is another extension called "Tab Position Options" that does this. It's also got a lot of other options you can tinker with if you want more granular control. It's only a tad higher on memory usage than this extension.
- (2018-09-20) Tim Cheng: I want to use this but it says the extension can read your browser history, why would it need to do that?!
- (2016-12-30) Dimitar Pankov: Works perfectly and does exactly what it's designed to do. I've been looking so long for such solution and none of the alternatives like TabsPlus and Tabs Position Options could do it. Thanks!
- (2016-05-20) Jonathan March: Interferes with shift+click in a range of more useful / important contexts (such as extending a selection). So not worth it.
- (2016-04-24) Dwayne Kuan: No longer works
- (2015-10-26) Will Lucic: Thank you! I've been trying to get this functionality for a while now and this does exactly what I want.
- (2020-01-08, v:2.0) Clayton Atchison: Can You please fix this?
The extension is broken. I'll send you some $$ to fix.
- (2019-12-26, v:2.0) Clayton Atchison: Not working
Hi, the app stopped working a couple of weeks ago. I LOVE this extension. Life isn't the same without it. :( Please fix when you have the time.
- (2019-12-23, v:2.0) Steve Leahy: Stopped working after Chrome Update
On Chrome Version 79.0.3945.88. This app worked prior to the last update, but not a CRTL+T puts the tab at the very end of the browser tab list instead of to the right. The right-click context menu button still works correctly.
- (2019-12-12, v:2.0) Elisei Kulikovsky: Stopped working
Ctrl+T tabs open at the very end. 79.0.3945.79
- (2018-03-01, v:2.0) cant't work now.
Excuse me, could you know this app can't work now,thanks!
- (2016-04-07, v:1.0) Gang Zhai: No longer works!
- (2016-04-03, v:1.0) Dwayne Kuan: this no longer works with 49.0.2623.110
no longer working
- (2016-02-11, v:1.0) Not working when operating from keyboard
Minimal steps to reproduce the issue: - cmd+l to activate address bar - Hold cmd and press enter to "duplicate" the tab - Tab opens to wrong place
- (2016-02-04, v:1.0) Egorka V: Stopped to work
Confirmed that extension stopped to work some time ago. Hope for a fix
- (2016-02-02, v:1.0) does not work any more
I did not changed anything major in chrome extensions, child tab next is still enabled, but not functioning. All I can mention that yesterday I allowed a system security patch to be deployed to my mac: Security update 2016-001, Version 10.10.5