Stops Chrome from suspending tabs, and reloading them when you switch to them.
This extension automatically tells Chrome that every tab you open is "not auto discardable". This might help solve issues where Chrome kills more tabs than you would want to, however, this is not foolproof, and tabs might still get discarded if your system is out of memory. No configuration needed, the extension will mark every open tab as "not auto discardable" as long as you installed the extension and haven't disabled it. Want to make sure this extension is working? Go to chrome://discards in a new tab and see how every row has a cross in the "auto discardable" column. 👨💻 Open source: https://github.com/WorldLanguages/DoNotDiscard
- (2021-10-07) А К: не работает
- (2021-10-05) duong nhac: Awesome!! This is exactly what I need :) Thanks a lot and 5 stars :)))
- (2021-09-22) José Angel Avila Diaz: La acabo de instalar. Espero que funcione.
- (2021-09-10) Антон Мельников: nice extension. idk why so many people have problems. maybe because im the only person with windows 7.
- (2021-09-05) Chris Vydas: While this may work in some versions of chrome, it isn't working on mine. Button does nothing, installed on kiwi mobile Chrome browser latest playstore build.
- (2021-09-05) roxana gra: не работает
- (2021-07-17) エッチ: не помогло как обновлялись вкладки так и обновляются
- (2021-07-16) DeaconBirbSpy: used it for 30 seconds and chrome still automatically reloads yt. let me watch vids in peace >:(
- (2021-07-06) Astrid Charalla: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA es hermoso<3
- (2021-07-03) Adam the one: works as described. Highly recommend getting for those that have a lot of tabs they don't want discarded.
- (2021-07-01) Flyin43: It did absolutely nothing. Tabs still get discarded, refreshed and otherwise messed with even when I manually click on the extension. Maybe it's my laptop, but for me it's a complete waste of storage space
- (2021-06-24) NickyHo: The extension is good. If it can help me to click action load button , I would like it more .
- (2021-06-17) Melanie Rebaza: No funciona
- (2021-06-13) しゃかりきコロンブス: 機能しない、設定もできない
- (2021-06-11) Алексей Московец: Let's try it, because since (at least) 91 verison there are no more functions in chrome://flags that enables you to stop discarding tabs.
- (2021-06-09) Pyrysky Productions: it worked :]
- (2021-06-01) Hayden Archambeault: On my computer, my tabs keep reloading every single time I exit out and come back into a tab. Can someone help me fix this problem from doing this please?
- (2021-05-31) Romano: Not working
- (2021-05-30) Samuel Pulido: It's not working for me ;-; cri what did i do wrong. Does it stop reloading if it has an x symbol on the discarding column or when it has a checkmark?
- (2021-05-26) juan manuel: Funciona perfectamente
- (2021-05-24) Yassine Ouarzazi: Extremely Helpful Thanks
- (2021-05-10) William Thomas: Thank you for this extension, clicking on a discarded tab and loosing all your info or having to log back in to a secure page is maddening This is a million times better than manually disabling the discard via the chrome page each day and every time you accidentally close a tab.
- (2021-05-07) Samuel Abner: Auto refresh is the worst disgrace that happened with chrome.
- (2021-04-29) Will Papcke: Didn't work
- (2021-04-25) Username: It does not work
- (2021-04-21) Doctor_Black _: This won't work for most of the users that are seeking it because it doesn't override low storage reloading. Most users here experience tab reloading issues because of low storage; This extension can't fix this, nothing can.
- (2021-04-14) ああ: 良かった
- (2021-04-14) John Andre Papasin: Thanks for a great extension! I'm getting annoyed by Chrome discarding a tab/window that I need to always be on for notifications, and to stop others from being discarded too because of slow reloading. Thanks again and keep up the good work!
- (2021-04-13) mimosveta: does literally nothing, all tabs still getting discarded.
- (2021-04-11) jel ly: it works :)
- (2021-03-24) Mohamed Abdirahman Ahmed: Thanks a million
- (2021-03-24) Luqman fuad muhashad: love it, working perfectly fine but i noticed that chrome still would refresh the page , how to redo this issue 1. open up a tab (in my case its a yt playing a music) 2. left it open for a few minute, in my case its 40+ 3. listen to the music while waiting 4. click the tab again, and huwala it refreshed the page, but it doesnt freezed the page tho, contact me at RobusOfficial#7808 in discord
- (2021-03-23) Make Name Acceptable Go: I'm using Vivaldi (Chrome based browser) and have been manually toggling tabs "Auto Discardable" to off in vivaldi://discards. That solves the reload problem for that tab. I was slightly worried that doing that for every tab (as this extension does) might cause performance issues... Haven't been using this that long but so far no problems. It has actually IMPROVED performance. I think that increase in performance means something is not right in either Chrome or Vivaldi... Hopefully that'll get fixed. But so far, this extension is great, works as stated. I'll update if I have problems.
- (2021-03-22) Juan Ferreira: Useless, tabs still refreshing
- (2021-03-15) Aws Sal: Terrible. Doesn't work.
- (2021-02-28) APHELION: Sometimes I'll just sit in various apps writing stuff and then leave because.. ADHD and everything I've previously written (or worked on) disappears because reloading. This app stops that.
- (2021-02-26) Dhaniel io: Its working. so my tab not like refresh automatically :D Thank you so much!
- (2021-02-11) Cristi M: This extension makes Chrome so much better. I have around 10-15 tabs opened at once and it is so annoying that they keep reloading. Thanks for this!
- (2021-02-10) Wela Bird: working thank you
- (2021-02-06) G Evans: IT DOESN'T WORK. Fix it, Chrome.
- (2021-02-04) Ubirajara Bandeira Jr: Excelente! Use com o The Great Suspender, e assim vc tem um melhor controle do que pode ser suspenso, colocando exceções e limites para acabar não perdendo dados.
- (2021-01-31) Mike Wilkinson: Brilliant, as i usally have about 10 tabs open at once, this is just what I need to stop them from reloading !!! 5 stars
- (2021-01-25) comachi123: どこ押してもストアに飛ばされるだけの使えないゴミ
- (2021-01-20) Joris Steurs: For avoiding browser refresh its pretty useless, maybe other people find use in it, not me. tip to anyone, if you have a clickable icon, make it change when enabled, the user has zero visual feedback right now.
- (2021-01-09) Nimbus Shadow-Wings: it apears not to work anymore
- (2021-01-06) Дэш Винд: Не работает!!! И не надо оправдываться типа не надо ставить низкие оценки если не работает типа сделали всё возможное (если вкладки продолжают перезагружаться, то нифига вы так не сделали). А с учётом того, что это главная функция этого расширения и без неё оно бесполезно - получите кол.
- (2021-01-03) Finally I can now keep protonmail tab open at all times and always logged in, and pages no longer unload! Looks like this only switches chrome://discards automatically for all tabs. That is the trick.
- (2020-12-30) Meimei Yazawa: I love this extension, it gets to work right after you enable it. A miracle solution to a hell of an annoying nuisance.
- (2020-12-29) Jad OS: It works great.
- (2020-12-23) James MacLaren: Just discovered this extension, after first discovering that, for inscrutable reasons known only to themselves, Google murders tabs that sit in the background for longer than pleases them, unannounced, without warning, and without giving the user any recourse in the matter. I run tabs in the background in similar fashion to other posters on this review thread, and for longer than I'd care to admit, I was bedeviled by things "not working" for unknowable reasons. Stuff would just sort of drop off the radar and quit working. I had no idea that I was even *using* my hidden tabs, and that's because I, up until this nonsense raised its ugly head, just sort of expected unopened tabs that had been sitting around for ten minutes or two hours or whatever (and it's *my* choice and it's *my* computer and it's *not* somebody else's choice as to what runs, and for how long, and whether its in the foreground, the background, or the surface of Mars), *were still there* and had not been surreptitiously "put to sleep" by Google in the same manner that people take their dying pets to the vet and have them "put to sleep." Really Google? REALLY? So ok. So I *use* Google, and Google uses *me* and for the longest time, things sort of just "worked" and it was a bargain with the devil, but I had reached an equilibrium with my devil, and I was ok with things. Until they stopped working, unannounced, with no warning of any kind. Enter "chrome://discards" which I discovered earlier today, and gleefully invoked to keep the damnfool tabs alive, only to discover that it would revert to its nasty default behavior every time Chrome was stopped and restarted. Feh. And now I find myself here, running Linux Mint with Ungoogled-Chromium (Look into it kids, it's good stuff, and despite being quite pesty to install and update on Linux, it's well worth every jot and tittle of annoyance that might come with getting it up and running stably, and which I'm sure the overlords at Google are *not* amused with, but oh well.) having loaded this phenomenal extension which goes by the ungainly name of "Disable automatic tab discarding" that WORKS, and has, so far, kept working, through multiple Ungoogled-Chromium shutdowns and a couple of computer reboots, and for the time being all is well, once again. And if, as with what I'm reading above in certain cases, this extension gets monkeywrenched by the nice folks at Google, I can (I hope), always go back to typing chrome://discards into the address bar after opening the tabs I intend to keep running in the background INDEFINITELY, and manually kill the miserable auto-discard "feature" that I have been dealing with, unawares, for longer than I'd like to admit. So. Nice extension. The work is greatly appreciated. And for those of you who have trouble with it, (as of right now, anyway) a manual invocation of chrome://flags, with the tabs in question already up and running so as they will appear on the list, is a nice fallback position to keep me from running afoul of dogs that don't bark and notifications that don't notify. Phew. That was a *lot*, wasn't it? Sigh.
- (2021-10-07, v:1.0.4) somarictor 2010: the extension that with time was abandoned
Before this extension worked until chrome was updated and this extension did not make that even with the extension installed the pages would reload when there was a certain time without selecting
- (2021-10-03, v:1.0.4) Pankaj Kapoor: does not work any more
does not work any more
- (2021-10-01, v:1.0.4) John Bako: source code
Hey can you help me with this issue. I want to suspend in an Angular app the tab suspension.
- (2021-09-18, v:1.0.4) B Jvu: this doesnt work.
what exactly is the point of this extension ? It doesnt do anything.
- (2021-09-13, v:1.0.4) Ron Sonntag: Doesn't work. Closed out of Chrome, restarted. Still doesn't work.
- (2021-08-25, v:1.0.4) Career Exploration Center Seattle Central College: Didn't work.
Made it worse.
- (2021-07-18, v:1.0.4) Bahar Dehghani: not working
The extension doesn't work on chrome v91.0.4472.164 at all
- (2021-07-16, v:1.0.4) Mohammad Yaghobi: Not working
Chrome keeps refreshing, and this extension is not usefull.
- (2021-07-11, v:1.0.4) Lijo: A request
Suggestion to only stop a specific site from being discarded. Thanks for ur work :)
- (2021-07-05, v:1.0.4) Knowledge hub: About auto tab refreshing
How to stop auto tab refreshing in Google
- (2021-07-01, v:1.0.4) Timm Lauerr: did you test on latest chrome 91?
I'm wondering if you have ben able to test it on the latest chrome release? Since google deprecated the experimental flags for auto discarding, I'm wondering if that affected the API as well? Can this extension even work still?
- (2021-06-01, v:1.0.4) Hayden Archambeault: Tabs Reloading
My tabs aren't working on my computer. Every time I exit out of a tab and come back into it, it reloads. So, why do my tabs keep reloading every single time?
- (2021-05-23, v:1.0.4) Sam Sorensen: doesn't even work lmao
when you click on it it does nothing, why is this still at 4 stars
- (2021-04-28, v:1.0.4) B4SIC CHRIS: broooooooo
- (2021-04-27, v:1.0.4) Agizoid: Tabs will still reload
this extension does not work. It might just be my Chromebook but please fix this.
- (2021-04-26, v:1.0.4) Space_ Gaming: tabs still reloading
MY TABS STILL RELOAD
- (2021-04-12, v:1.0.4) s,f,s.shaime sahik sk: সমস্যা
- (2021-04-12, v:1.0.4) Zoltán Árpád Szabó: Whitelist for url/domains what to not discard and let others with autoDiscardable=true if configured
Hi, would be nice to have as a feature, to be able to add a domain, url, to a whitelist, and only set autoDiscardable=false for those. Accessing this setting from the context menu when right click a tab, would be awesome.
- (2021-04-06, v:1.0.4) David Bliss: doesn't work with Incognito tabs
Hi -- it seems that incognito tabs are still being marked as auto-discardable in chrome://discards even with your extension. Is this possible to fix? Thanks.
- (2021-04-03, v:1.0.4) Denny Seccon: Stardard behavior to set auto discardable to True
Hi, I wish I could set the standard behavior to True, and then only those tabs that I manually set to False would remain that way. Thank you.
- (2021-03-22, v:1.0.4) Sage Pavus: Chrome Tabs Still Refreshing
Hello. I downloaded this extension to remove the constant tab reloading, since there is a lack of ability to go into flags and remove it myself, but the extension is not working as intended most of the time. It keeps the tabs from reloading for longer than about a couple minutes, but then they spontaneously reload again. The extension is not working as intended.
- (2021-03-21, v:1.0.4) Angela Reyes: Automatic tab refresh
I installed this extension but nothing happens. My tabs still keep on refreshing and every time I open a new tab, it refreshes immediately. How do I fix this?
- (2021-03-20, v:1.0.4) Blixer Yoshi: My tabs are still refreshing
Disabling automatic tab discarding with the extension doesn't work!!!
- (2021-03-13, v:1.0.4) Kinan tarakji: اextension
I need to have a Chrome extension like the one on Firefox and its name /AUTO RELOAD STOP /
- (2021-02-21, v:1.0.4) Juan Ferreira: It doesn't work
My tabs still refresh
- (2021-02-20, v:1.0.4) marcos jimenez: .
se me refrescan solas las paginas nose porque
- (2021-02-06, v:1.0.4) José David Herreño Erazo: Problema
Relentiza google meet
- (2021-02-06, v:1.0.4) G Evans: It doesn't work.
My tabs are still refreshing even though I installed the extension.
- (2021-01-18, v:1.0.4) Mouse Cursor: DOES NOT WORK
Does Not Work. Useless
- (2021-01-10, v:1.0.4) Nimbus Shadow-Wings: doesnt work
as of 2021 doesnt work
- (2020-11-11, v:1.0.4) Gundinorro: No me funciona
No sé como se activa. La he instalado y se me siguen refrescando igualmente las páginas.
- (2020-11-09, v:1.0.4) Run: I am disappointed
Does not work
- (2020-10-31, v:1.0.4) Piotr Tiré: unfortunately
it doesn't work
- (2020-10-15, v:1.0.4) Ali AS: You suck! This doesn't even work!
It does not help the problem
- (2020-09-18, v:1.0.4) Carol Moriarty: Doesn't work.
I downloaded this because I've been crying from being so stressed and annoyed when my tabs continue to reload. I was even more disappointed when I found out that this did not work.
- (2020-09-14, v:1.0.4) Blaz: Cool and good and yes, just a minor missing feature.
I love this, it's instant and great, but my PC is garbage so I sometimes'd like the ability to, y'know, disable it? Otherwise, this is absolutely amazing! Even if it's not perfect, it sometimes freezes or slows The Perfect Tower to a crawl, it still guarantees that I generate SRs and I don't forfeit the round should Chrome decide to spite me. Thanks for this! A lot! I hope that a temporary disable button happens at some point, given how I keep reinstalling.
- (2020-06-26, v:1.0.4) L. A.W.: Testpid problem
This extension gives you testpid, which is adware, do not download this if you do not want adware, even with adblock you can't block testpid.
- (2020-06-15, v:1.0.4) Levi: how do i enable this? or is it automatically enabled?
how do i enable this? or is it automatically enabled?
- (2020-05-31, v:1.0.4) Heme Kill: Serefrescan las paginas
Mire yo quiero hacer algo me salgo de chorme ycuando entró se resfrescan automáticamente y nopuedo hacer mis cosas
- (2020-05-23, v:1.0.4) Nely Garcia: Desactivar la carga automática de pestañas o páginas
Desactivar la carga automática de pestañas o páginas. Además Google Chome no muestra fotos o reseñas interesantes que antes mostraba.
- (2020-05-22, v:1.0.4) Jerzy Stankiewicz: Hi!
it doesn't work
- (2020-05-20, v:1.0.4) Queen_Anisa: idk how to work it
how does this app work?
- (2020-05-17, v:1.0.4) Mighty Man: google chromecast
I'm still unable to stop youtube videos from refreshing when using google chromecast to view videos on my TV-it's frustrating
- (2020-05-14, v:1.0.4) Katie: Doesn't work
Hi, I followed the instructions as you set out and Chrome is still constantly discarding tabs. Is there anything you can advise and if not is there another extension that is similar that I can try?
- (2020-05-12, v:1.0.4) Lalo Martins: Whitelist?
This is great, thanks. But any chance there could be a version that works with a persistent whitelist instead? I can tell Chrome not to discard certain sites via the discards panel (and it looks like this is how your extension works), but that setting is not persisted. If I could just persist that, it would be great — I'm fine with Chrome suspending *most* sites, but not the ones I use frequently like mail or tweetdeck. Could of course default to * to preserve the current behavior. Cheers and thanks again!
- (2020-05-11, v:1.0.4) MICHAELLE PIERINA SOLORZANO MORALES: Mi laptop se actualiza todo el tiempo
Las ventanas abiertas se actualizan repetitivamente
- (2020-05-08, v:1.0.4) Taha Numan Şimşek: You're a life saver!
Because I can't rate the app anymore I just wanted to thank you for this amazing extension through here. I am new to chrome os and because everthing runs on web this was the most annoying thing ever. Basically made the device unusable.
- (2020-05-08, v:1.0.4) S Low: Doesn't work for my purpose
My YouTube page keeps refreshing every 20 seconds while I'm watching a video. I think this was not the correct solution. Do you have a suggestion?
- (2020-05-02, v:1.0.4) Gökhan Çakır: it doesn't work
this doesnt work
- (2020-04-29, v:1.0.4) T VICTOR: Does not work with youtube videos
Does not work with youtube videos