Stops Chrome from suspending tabs, and reloading them when you switch to them.
❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗ *NOTE*: Chrome MAY STILL SOMETIMES DISCARD TABS if urgently needed, and this extension can't control that. Please DO NOT LEAVE A NEGATIVE REVIEW if sometimes tabs are still discarded. This extension already does everything it possibly can to stop discarding, and will help to avoid discarding in most cases. Want to make sure this extension is working? Go to chrome://discards in a new tab and see how every row has a cross in the "auto discardable" column. If it worked for you, please leave a review! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ ❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗ Since 2015, Chrome suspends pages to use less memory (RAM) — if you navigate back to a tab that's been suspended, it will reload. And starting June 2019, Chrome has removed the "automatic tab discarding" flag from chrome://flags, so it can't be disabled from there anymore. 👎 Now that the flag is gone, to avoid tab discarding, you can simply install this extension! 👍 This extension tells Chrome that all open tabs should be considered not auto-discardable. Disabling tab discarding may cause higher RAM memory usage in your PC. This extension doesn't require any special permission! Chrome won't allow it to read any browser data (e.g. passwords, bookmarks). No data is collected, stored or sent to external servers. 👨💻 Open source: https://github.com/WorldLanguages/DoNotDiscard 📧 Contact the developer: [email protected]
- (2020-10-24) D D: Daaaamn, it's work well in v. 86.0.4240.111. Thank you, developer.
- (2020-10-23) Jhonder Ramirez: Muchas gracias. Estuve buscando por un buen rato una solución para este problema.
- (2020-10-21) Alex: Would be nice if I could configure a list of URLs which should not be discarded
- (2020-10-14) Rony Jiku: I used it for a few hours. It still seems good. So I rated it 5 stars... It is very helpful for me.....
- (2020-10-12) Marcelo Malaquias: Works well!
- (2020-10-12) Baap: really helpful
- (2020-10-08) Makenna C: didnt even work.
- (2020-10-02) Zahra Pouyan: I've used it for a long time and It's been great, except these last few days that I don't know why it can't stop chrome from discarding some websites. it's still a God's gift for chrome users 👌
- (2020-09-19) Eduardo Astaburuaga: Funciona al 100% - 2020 septiembre - Busqué soluciones y esta es la única
- (2020-09-17) UPS M: No funciona
- (2020-09-05) Pedro Araujo: Me ajudou muito. Orbigado.
- (2020-09-05) Claira Rose: For the most part, this extension works perfectly. My only issue is that often it will disable/turn off, and I have to manually restart my computer to get it to run again. But other then that, I recommend it a lot.
- (2020-08-19) Abraham Ascencio: Solo agregar que una vez instalada la extensión la tienen que activar
- (2020-08-11) Troy Simpson: After the first 10 minutes of use this extension has dramatically improved the Chrome tabs experience. Tabs now snap open as they should, I can't understand why this isn't a standard option in Chrome anymore?
- (2020-08-10) Insomniac Raccoon: Had to restart my chromebook for it to work, but it does work. Screw Google AND their auto discarding. Edit: It's stopped working. Tabs constantly auto discard now. :(
- (2020-08-06) 1963 cognac: Как крутилось раньше, так и продолжает крутиться. Не помогло. chrome://flags/#proactive-tab-freeze disabled уже нет в настройках.
- (2020-08-05) Devka Kurva: Just Perfect!
- (2020-08-04) Poolx52: No me sirvió 2020
- (2020-08-03) NeoEscapade: This extension no longer works. I installed it on my Chromebook, and absolutely NOTHING changed. Even with two tabs open, the unused tab would freeze. Useless.
- (2020-07-30) Aria Ravenlock: Doesn't seem to work anymore.
- (2020-07-27) Buck Chang: works well
- (2020-07-19) Fellof Falorry: My tabs were refreshing in Google Chrome on my Chromebook. Found and added this extension, restarted Chromebook, started working as expected straight away. I've usually got Twitter/Facebook/Twitch/Mycujoo/Music and a bunch of other social/media tabs open so very helpful. 5-Stars from me, but more importantly a huge thank you for this extension and thank you to the other reviewers who included helpful tips!
- (2020-04-08) Mike Goff: Does not working. Tabs still reloading automatically.
- (2020-04-04) Niche DC: Excelente
- (2020-03-29) A Mishenko: Не работает
- (2020-10-15, v:1.0.4) Ali AS: You suck! This doesn't even work!
It does not help the problem
- (2020-09-18, v:1.0.4) Carol Moriarty: Doesn't work.
I downloaded this because I've been crying from being so stressed and annoyed when my tabs continue to reload. I was even more disappointed when I found out that this did not work.
- (2020-09-14, v:1.0.4) Blaz: Cool and good and yes, just a minor missing feature.
I love this, it's instant and great, but my PC is garbage so I sometimes'd like the ability to, y'know, disable it? Otherwise, this is absolutely amazing! Even if it's not perfect, it sometimes freezes or slows The Perfect Tower to a crawl, it still guarantees that I generate SRs and I don't forfeit the round should Chrome decide to spite me. Thanks for this! A lot! I hope that a temporary disable button happens at some point, given how I keep reinstalling.
- (2020-06-26, v:1.0.4) L. A.W.: Testpid problem
This extension gives you testpid, which is adware, do not download this if you do not want adware, even with adblock you can't block testpid.
- (2020-06-15, v:1.0.4) Levi: how do i enable this? or is it automatically enabled?
how do i enable this? or is it automatically enabled?
- (2020-05-31, v:1.0.4) Heme Kill: Serefrescan las paginas
Mire yo quiero hacer algo me salgo de chorme ycuando entró se resfrescan automáticamente y nopuedo hacer mis cosas
- (2020-05-23, v:1.0.4) Nely Garcia: Desactivar la carga automática de pestañas o páginas
Desactivar la carga automática de pestañas o páginas. Además Google Chome no muestra fotos o reseñas interesantes que antes mostraba.
- (2020-05-22, v:1.0.4) Jerzy Stankiewicz: Hi!
it doesn't work
- (2020-05-20, v:1.0.4) Queen_Anisa: idk how to work it
how does this app work?
- (2020-05-17, v:1.0.4) Mighty Man: google chromecast
I'm still unable to stop youtube videos from refreshing when using google chromecast to view videos on my TV-it's frustrating
- (2020-05-14, v:1.0.4) Katie: Doesn't work
Hi, I followed the instructions as you set out and Chrome is still constantly discarding tabs. Is there anything you can advise and if not is there another extension that is similar that I can try?
- (2020-05-12, v:1.0.4) Lalo Martins: Whitelist?
This is great, thanks. But any chance there could be a version that works with a persistent whitelist instead? I can tell Chrome not to discard certain sites via the discards panel (and it looks like this is how your extension works), but that setting is not persisted. If I could just persist that, it would be great — I'm fine with Chrome suspending *most* sites, but not the ones I use frequently like mail or tweetdeck. Could of course default to * to preserve the current behavior. Cheers and thanks again!
- (2020-05-11, v:1.0.4) MICHAELLE PIERINA SOLORZANO MORALES: Mi laptop se actualiza todo el tiempo
Las ventanas abiertas se actualizan repetitivamente
- (2020-05-08, v:1.0.4) Taha Numan Şimşek: You're a life saver!
Because I can't rate the app anymore I just wanted to thank you for this amazing extension through here. I am new to chrome os and because everthing runs on web this was the most annoying thing ever. Basically made the device unusable.
- (2020-05-08, v:1.0.4) S Low: Doesn't work for my purpose
My YouTube page keeps refreshing every 20 seconds while I'm watching a video. I think this was not the correct solution. Do you have a suggestion?
- (2020-05-02, v:1.0.4) Gökhan Çakır: it doesn't work
this doesnt work
- (2020-04-29, v:1.0.4) T VICTOR: Does not work with youtube videos
Does not work with youtube videos
- (2020-04-12, v:1.0.4) Usama Rao: Chrome Updated and still discarding all tabs
Chrome Updated and still discarding all tabs
- (2020-04-03, v:1.0.4) Fex C.: Dont working
Chrome still discarding all tabs
- (2020-03-19, v:1.0.4) dj c: This isn't working
I have had to remove this app and re-download it over and over again trying to get it to continue working. Please fix this or remove it from the web store.
- (2020-03-19, v:1.0.4) Gius Feb: Inutile
Serve a niente, il refresh della pagina non si blocca in chrome win10
- (2020-02-10, v:1.0.4) jeff emerson: Seems to not be working
I've tried to cut down on my memory and storage, but it seems to go back into auto-tab discarding every time. Is there anything wrong you think on my end?
- (2020-02-02, v:1.0.4) Bernard Vixseboxse: Solution for the new issue?
I solved the issue by setting the flag "Proactive Tab Freeze" to "Disabled" chrome://flags/#proactive-tab-freeze
- (2020-01-31, v:1.0.4) Colin Symonds: Does not work
This no longer works
- (2020-01-29, v:1.0.4) Karyn DiCastri: No Longer Enabled
Hi: It's no longer enabled. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted, and it simply cannot be re-enabled. What's going on?