Japanese dictionary with Anki integration
Yomichan turns your browser into a tool for building Japanese language literacy by helping you to decipher texts which would be otherwise too difficult tackle. It features a robust dictionary with EPWING and flashcard creation support.
- (2020-04-11) Kenneth Goad: I can't believe I've wasted years using rikai kun
- (2020-01-31) Ye Shiwei: I'd like to share the converted Kenkyusha Japanese-English ebwin dictioary. Link: https://mega.nz/#!4BMgEaZS!xgikt3AYsVUnl-0SjAPL7Mx5LcQIMZzJZCxcRWSD02g After hours of searching and trying, i have successfully found the ebwin Kenkyusha source and imported this to my yomichan,quite useful and powerful. Besides,dear author, I am from China and using payment tool called Alipay or Wechat. Could it possible to make the donation methods including this? What's more, i recommand there should be a search function in the pop-out interface. Thank you.
- (2019-10-10) bahrta sai: I know using downloaded dictionaries is probably so it works offline, which is useful, but is there any chance you'll add an option to connect to an online database instead (jisho.org is good for example) instead to free up space used by downloaded dictionaries?
- (2019-08-23) Riddhesh: Not sure if the update did it, but lookup feature is finally working perfectly on touchsceen devices! Also, the ability to look up inside japanese dictionaries is great- there is one problem though: If you use the 'add to anki' feature after looking up a word IN the jp dict, it ends up extracting the definition in yomichan as the sentence- not the original sentence. eg. If you want to mine 僕の走りが素早いだ and look up 走り which says 走ること , clicking on 走る to get the real definition and clicking on add anki- the sentence that gets added is '走ること’ I am really glad to know that new features are still being added.
- (2019-08-18) Simon Ardfors: Very fully-featured. Does everything I want it to with Anki, including great custom card template scripting support.
- (2019-08-12) Pasta-san: Learned Japanese through yomichan + novel mining from 0 to n1+ Since the past month, I have received 'This extension has been corrupted. Reinstall" 3 times, I would really appreciate if it gets fixed as setting up my Anki format + J-J dictionaries each time is super time consuming.
- (2019-07-10) Rafael Benavent: The shift key is a nightmare to get working. It seems you need to press it at a very specific position or it doesn't work.
- (2019-03-02) Mark K: Simply outstanding! Cannot thank the developer enough!
- (2019-02-10) Martim Afonso: está em inglês e já não vale a pensa usar. O tradutor é muito melhor.
- (2019-02-10) Gleice Souza: Trabalhoso. Tem que instalar a fonte das leituras por fora.
- (2019-02-02) Zhenkai Weng: The pop-up only works with the scan modifier set to "None" for me. I have other plugins that scan English words and I am not sure whether the two conflict or not.
- (2019-01-24) Mio Akiyama: Really cool feature but the pop up window that shows the definitions are all blurry. It seems to be a problem only for me and I have no idea how to fix it.
- (2019-01-22) Versus Void: Fast, concise, clear.
- (2018-09-27) MsBroly12 HD: Es excepcional en cuanto a traducciones cotidianas, formales, etc. Muy completa y extensible.
- (2018-05-15) Yumi Ta: Absolutely amazing!!!
- (2018-05-15) Zard0Z: Works beautifully, and is intuitive and very useful for creating Anki cards. It's highly customizable in that sense, as well.
- (2018-05-12) Ash Curkpatrick: I really love this extension a lot. Much more than others such as Rikaichan. I would love to know if it would be possible when creating anki cards to be able to integrate monolingual translations and to be able to use glossaries over entire sentences instead of just single terms. But other than those things, I think it's fantastic!
- (2018-03-27) petefinal: The app pop-up takes away focus from the chrome windows, in particular, a textbox, so that I have to reclick the textbox to type everytime an app pop-up appears. The app pop-up should not make itself an active windows unless I click on them. Also there should be an option to make an alt key a don't-scan-modifier key instead of scan modifier key.
- (2018-03-08) l33t: Hello Allex, thanks for your awesome work! But now, in newest version of chromium 67, the setting become awfully weirdo and I can't seem to reach the most bottom setting. Pict related https://a.pomf.cat/usifif.png
- (2018-02-08) Good extension! But in the beginning it works normally for a while, and fails to connect to Anki for unknown reason. Once Anki crashed and being restarted, this problem occurs. I wish this problem could be solved in the near future.
- (2018-02-08) Kevin Bochenski: Hello Alex, thank you for your amazing work, your extension is a game changer! If I may ask, what is the mac shortcut that opens the search page, since we don't have Alt + Ins?
- (2017-11-18) Kahr Kunne: Poor man's rikaisama but unlike rikai this is not abandonware. Interface could be better and wastes a lot of space.
- (2017-11-07) Soranort: Great extension. Only thing missing is the ability to copy a word/translation to clipboard easily.
- (2017-10-23) Hiep Pham: Provided with many dictionary support, includes slang, names,...
- (2017-10-21) Al Lev: No EPWING support. Remove it from description!