Pause videos on page load with the space bar
This enables you to use the spacebar to pause YouTube videos as soon as the page has loaded. YouTube usually requires that you first manually pause the video by clicking the pause button before the spacebar trick works. This will enable you to use the spacebar to pause a YouTube video whenever you feel like! CHANGELOG --------- 1.3 - Fixed form focus issue, preventing you from using spaces in the search bar 1.2 - Fixed issue with pausing when writing a comment 1.1 - Fixed YouTube fullscreen issue 1.0 - Released!
- (2018-07-26) Evadertt: Hola. No funciona en Youtube cuando el video esta a pantalla completa. Por favor podria solucionarlo? -- Hi. It does not work on Youtube when the video is full screen. Could you please work it out? Regards.
- (2017-10-14) Bill Bool: Нельзя поставить на паузу когда видео в фокусе. Автоматом продолжает воспроизведение
- (2017-09-09) Martin Verrisin: breaks comments and more; this is much better: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/13386-youtube-space-to-pause
- (2017-03-26) William: Same problem with all of these. If you click on the video then it does not work anymore.
- (2016-08-19) mjc0961: This works if you haven't clicked on the video and spacebar would have sent you down the page instead of pausing. But if you have clicked on the video to do other things (like press left or right to skip back or ahead 5 seconds), when you hit spacebar, it will said the original pause command from having clicked the video, and a second pause command from the extension, meaning the video keeps playing.
- (2016-05-14) Grand Hawk: There's one little bug - when you go fullscreen by clicking F button instead of mouse double-click, the spacebar doesn't work anymore
- (2016-05-01) Michael Cummings: One of the few extensions that fixed this problem that worked for me.
- (2016-04-23) Emery_: Thank you! works so much better then the others, because it lets you type spaces in comments and still use adblock! :)
- (2016-03-02) m.ali petek: Actually you should not use mouse click on video when you use this ext.
- (2016-02-21) Charles Huang: Actually does what it says and only what it says. Won't glitch the spacebar when you are writing comments, searching etc. Very neat coding.
- (2016-01-31) Jonathan Schembari: It pauses youtube videos with the spacebar. It does exactly what it says it does.