Override the new tab page with todoist.com
To help keep us on track, this extension changes the new tab page to todoist.com - in an effort to reduce random web browsing. To quickly access the omnibox (url bar) after new tab opens, press CMD+L or CTRL+L.
- (2019-03-14) jerre baumeister: Great idea! Personally, I found it a bit annoying that it actually redirects you to the Todoist website, which forces you to wait for that website to load before you can browse to other websites, as well as forcing you to replace the entire address bar. So I've made my own version of this plugin which solves those issues.
- (2017-05-25) Chris Nicol: Works great, just what I needed. I did have one suggestion around having the address bar follow more default behaviour that you expect from a new tab. Otherwise this is perfect
- (2017-01-31) Italo D'Amato: opens todoist.com, useful and reliable
- (2017-01-26) Eric Haley: Works as described.
- (2017-05-25, v:0.1) Chris Nicol: Have the URL highlighted & active
When you open a new tab, it would be nice to have the address bar (url) highlighted and active. This would allow you to just start typing as soon as you open a tab which is the default behaviour that you normally have with a new tab. If possible, it would be nice to complete hide the url of todoist so that it really just feels like a new tab rather than opening to todoist. Hope that makes sense.
- (2016-12-01, v:0.1) Erin Geoghan: Update Overview
You can just hit ctrl + t and then tab to highlight the omnibar