The revolutionary tool for accessible reading.
Oswald is the revolutionary tool for accessible reading. 1. Learning Disabilities Based on the specifications provided by the British Dyslexia Association and the World Wide Web Consortium, Oswald automatically corrects the typography, contrast ratios, and other visual elements on a webpage to make reading easier for users with learning disabilities. Users can also customize Oswald’s properties based on their personal preferences. 2. Visual Impairment On the press of a button (or a key), Oswald extracts all relevant content on a webpage and reads it out in a language of the user’s choice. Oswald can also translate that text into another language, and visually impaired users only have to press a few keyboard shortcuts for all of this. 3. Senior Citizens Senior citizens who are not used to browsing the web can switch to Oswald’s Reading Mode which removes all unnecessary links, ads, and popups, and presents the relevant content in a beautiful readable format. They can also easily change the font size and contrasts based on their eye defects. 4. Everyone Else Oswald is incredibly customizable, and users can easily change all properties and styles like text color, font family, and image contrasts for a consistent experience across the web.
- (2018-10-14) Ada Ivanova: The concept of Oswald is great but when trying Reading mode (with a bunch of different sites) I get this: This site can’t be reached oswald.ga’s server IP address could not be found. DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN I included your extension in an article I wrote and when I tried it then with some random site as far as I remember it worked fine but now it doesn't. I am almost sure it's not a problem on my side. It redirects to an URL such as this: http://oswald.ga/url.php?url=https://www.maketecheasier.com/useful-browser-extensions-for-senior-citizens/ and then the above mentioned message appears. Any suggestions how to fix this?
- (2018-03-04) Adoistic apps: I have a problem of photophobic eyes and many websites I access have high contrast colors that hurt my eyes. But Oswald Plugin literally changed my life. Thank you for keeping it free, I sincerely pray that your company become more and more successful :-)
- (2017-12-30) Callum Legg: It is really easy to use. It allows you to customise a background colour and font style you would like to use
- (2017-09-26) Ilias Bennani: Don't install. Redirects you to an ad site.
- (2016-09-01) Sukriti Kapoor: This is an amazing extension which allows me to customize web content according to my preferences, especially character spacing and word spacing. I absolutely adore the read aloud and night reading features. Great job!
- (2016-08-17) Loreto Dumitrescu: This is a great extension for providing visual accommodations while reading the web. It not only supports color but also letter and word spacing which many extensions do not!