Sends a link to the currently visited page as a push notification to your iPhone or iPod Touch.
This extension sends a link to the page you're currently viewing as a push notification to your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad using Prowl (http://prowlapp.com/). Just provide your API key and press the button! Recent changes: * Fixes by angrychimp and jrmiller84 * Updated to use new manifest version The source is available at http://bitbucket.org/anders/chrome-prowl.
- (2014-10-09) J.J. Draijer: Does not work (anymore)
- (2013-02-27) Kevin C: I use this extension daily and more then any others. A++++
- (2012-03-02) Joel Mellon: Decent. Only sends the URL you're on. Would be much more helpful if it would send the text you have have highlighted like other kinds of plugins do, eg. Pastefire. Also, the ability to set the Prowl "event" would be an awesome addition. Lastly, I'd like the ability to be prompted to enter (type or paste) my own message to be sent, eg. "don't forget to stop by the store on the way home". IDK, something like that.
- (2012-01-09) Chris Stewart: works well with the companion iOS app. i would like for the ability to switch between two API keys on the extension so that i can send different things to different devices more easily.
- (2011-10-25) Jason Mills: Latest update is excellent!
- (2016-12-13, v:1.5) issues
i can figure out how to work this or how to send notifications to my iphone via prowl can someone help me set it up.
- (2012-07-10, v:1.5) Dave Barton: Security concern
Recently google prowl popped up saying that the Prowl plugin requires new permissions. It can now access "Your data on ALL websites" "Your Tabs and Browsing Activity" in order to continue to use the plugin you have to accept. I am concerned the new version now needs more access than it did before. Can you explain. There is a forum article about this issue on cocoa
- (2012-06-29, v:18.104.22.168) Anders Bergh: Test